what will be the closing song?

I think they will close the 2nd set with In The Mood (if this is indeed their last tour, I wouldn't be suprised if they dusted off this old staple from Rush lore).

Encore: close with YYZ

• Like 1

If it IS The Garden, I'm sure I'll be Losing It!

In my mind...they should probably just come out and play Cygnus X-1 into Hemispheres Book Two as an encore, and be done with it!

I don't think they'd play anything sad. Go out rockin!

I almost think that if they wanted to go for the "nostalgia" aspect...they'd end the show with a "Working Man" medley kind of thing with some old stuff in it...sort of like the Vapor Trails tour...

• Like 1

So much Garden, didn't we get CA fill last tour? that's the closer some want to hear? Its a fine song, but they have so much more

1- Tom Sawyer, traditional set closer

2- Spirit of Radio, their best crowd energy / participation song

E- In the mood/In the end, tip of the hat to the old days, vocals easier than Circumstances

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

The final non-encore song will be The Garden, no question about it.

That's 1 way to clear out the arena

In the mood actually would be a pretty awesome ending. Toss in some Confetti, and a little jam session at the end, that will work.

Maybe they will end it all as they began it - Working Man.

That's how the Allman Brothers ended it. Played 'Trouble No More' (Muddy Waters) which was the first song they ever played the first time the band played together. So, I wonder what the first tune Rush ever played was.

Edited by apetersvt

That's how the Allman Brothers ended it. Played 'Trouble No More' (Muddy Waters) which was the first song they ever played the first time the band played together. So, I wonder what the first tune Rush ever played was.

The earliest bootleg I have is from August 26, 1974, and the first song is Finding My Way. But whether that is the first tune they ever played live, I do not know.

I'm sure someone else here will know the answer to this.

The earliest bootleg I have is from August 26, 1974, and the first song is Finding My Way. But whether that is the first tune they ever played live, I do not know.

I'm sure someone else here will know the answer to this.

Not so much the first song they ever played live...the first song that people noticed..... :huh:

Headlong flight without Drum Solo!

A fitting end to an illustrious career

I think So!

:codger:

All of this tour chatter...talking about "older material". I can't believe there's no talk about new stuff that they're gonna play. They WILL play new tunes. I predict at least 2

• Like 1

I think they will start the the show with:

2112 (I Overture , II The Temple of Syrinx)

and end the concert with:

2112 (VII Grand Finale)

I think that would make a lot of sense. Highlight the song that was their most important breakthrough.

I seriously doubt it'll be something from the first album. Just can't see them ending what is possibly their final tour with something Neil wasn't originally involved with. "Bytor" is probably the oldest song it would be.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 1

They always go out with a bang so I agree with those that said it will not be a slow song. Something rocking. And as for Spirit of Radio, that will likely be towards the end. They do the croud pic during "concert hall". So they want a pumped crowd for that. (I finally got in one)
  • Like 1