Why I Hate Moving Pictures

Lorraine

There's nothing about Moving Pictures that sounds even remotely like the Rush of the seventies.

Now that is ludicrous.

Both Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures still had a lot in common with 70s Rush. The guitar riffs, the song structures, even the sound.

Signals was the album that sounded completely different, and of course the following albums even more so...

Well, pardon me for having an opinion.

I agree with you, Lorraine, that MP is very different from the Kings thru Waves sound. In many ways it reminded me of the sound of 2112, modernized. Great tone on both albums. (I know you don't care for 2112 song wise)

Just so you know, it's not that I don't care for the 2112 songs, it's just that to my ears, the album sounds more dated than anything else (excluding the Debut) they did in the seventies. :cheers:

There's nothing about Moving Pictures that sounds even remotely like the Rush of the seventies.

Now that is ludicrous.

Both Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures still had a lot in common with 70s Rush. The guitar riffs, the song structures, even the sound.

Signals was the album that sounded completely different, and of course the following albums even more so...

I agree with you, Lorraine, that MP is very different from the Kings thru Waves sound. In many ways it reminded me of the sound of 2112, modernized. Great tone on both albums. (I know you don't care for 2112 song wise)

Just so you know, it's not that I don't care for the 2112 songs, it's just that to my ears, the album sounds more dated than anything else (excluding the Debut) they did in the seventies. :cheers:

Interesting.

Now that is ludicrous.

Interesting.

Very. I don't quite get it but we all have our tastes and opinions. I love with a capital L every bit of 2112...

Now that is ludicrous.

Interesting.

Very. I don't quite get it but we all have our tastes and opinions. I love with a capital L every bit of 2112...

.... and I love with the CAPS LOCK ON every bit of the debut

• Like 2

Now that is ludicrous.

Interesting.

.... and I love with the CAPS LOCK ON every bit of the debut

ME FUKKING TOO!!!!!

• Like 1

Nice to see the 2112 and debut fans are not annoying like the CA crowd.

I love 2112.

• Like 1

I love 2112.

i love the title track.....i need to spin side 2 more. and i do mean side 2......i have a vinyl copy, lol

Mick

• Like 1

I love 2112.

i love the title track.....i need to spin side 2 more. and i do mean side 2......i have a vinyl copy, lol

Mick

Do it. You won't regret it. Once you fall for side two you will never go back. Lessons and Something For Nothing are worth it alone and the others grow on you quickly. Just my opinion...

Kenneth :)

• Like 1

I love 2112.

Mick

Do it. You won't regret it. Once you fall for side two you will never go back. Lessons and Something For Nothing are worth it alone and the others grow on you quickly. Just my opinion...

Kenneth :)

i shall dig out the turntable today and set her up.

Strictly spinning side 2.

as an aside........i freakin' miss the concept of album sides. i just love the idea of it.

Damn digital age!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 2

MP´s side one is so perfect it is hard to compete with.....i can skip Hunt and Signs and won´t miss them at all...even the lead bass at the end on VS is not enough to make me want to hear it......
  • Like 1

MP´s side one is so perfect it is hard to compete with.....i can skip Hunt and Signs and won´t miss them at all...even the lead bass at the end on VS is not enough to make me want to hear it......

Ouch...

Yea i agree. Witch Hunt......forgive me......get's WAY overpraised and Vital Signs while a pretty good tune..........is a slight dip in quality. Boy when you think of it. MP Closes kinda weak for an almost mythical album.

Mick

Yea i agree. Witch Hunt......forgive me......get's WAY overpraised and Vital Signs while a pretty good tune..........is a slight dip in quality. Boy when you think of it. MP Closes kinda weak for an almost mythical album.

Mick

Ouch II...

Mick

Ouch II...

Just being honest, lol. But thinking about thinking it.....it REALLY is kina true Lost in the haze of praise (i like that, lol) are 2 relatively weaker tracks.

IMO.

Mick

Mick

Ouch II...

Just being honest, lol. But thinking about thinking it.....it REALLY is kina true Lost in the haze of praise (i like that, lol) are 2 relatively weaker tracks.

IMO.

Mick

I know. Just f**king with you. Witch Hunt to me is just an all time classic. The lyrics alone put it up there. Just wish it were longer (you probably wish it were shorter or missing altogether :LOL: ) as it could have been an epic along the lines of a Natural Science or Jacob's Ladder...
  • Like 1

Mick

Ouch II...

IMO.

Mick

I know. Just f**king with you. Witch Hunt to me is just an all time classic. The lyrics alone put it up there. Just wish it were longer (you probably wish it were shorter or missing altogether :LOL: ) as it could have been an epic along the lines of a Natural Science or Jacob's Ladder...

I used Witch Hunt as a drink refill break both times i saw them :LOL:

Mick

Mick

Ouch II...

IMO.

Mick

Mick

Ouch III....
  • Like 1

Mick

Ouch II...

IMO.

Mick

Mick

Bookoo hisssss

Mick

You underpraise Witch Hunt and overpraise Power Windows.

Dis guy :cheerleader:

• Like 1

Mick

:bitchslap: