35 years R.I.P. Bon Scott

mandydog

No, you're not wrong! It's just that it soon seems that 24hrs in a day are not enough to take care and follow everything.

No one here and almost everywhere else will never forget Bon Scott, IMO a strong contender for the throne of The Ultimate Rock Frontman.

• Like 4

Well, maybe I was wrong. Or maybe I'm just too old. :codger:

You weren't wrong. Some of us just need to sleep... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I know Bon Jovi and I know Bon Iver, but who's this Bon Scott guy? :huh:

Just kidding...RIP to one of if not the best frontmen ever...either he or Freddie Mercury, both gone way too soon.

Edited because spellchecker doesn't know Bon Iver. :)

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

The one and only AC/DC singer. R.I.P.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/bonscott_zps0d539ab6.jpg

35 years in and Brian johnson is still the "new singer".

I'll take 1 Bon album over johnson's entire discography.

Same here. :)

Amen. Give me LTBR and everything 80' and beyond you can keep...

I didn't mind Back in Black, I had that one, but after that, forget it.

• Like 1

I didn't mind Back in Black, I had that one, but after that, forget it.

Oh I have Back In Black. It was a must after what happened and I like it to be honest but its nothing like the previous run before it....
  • Like 1

....it's possible for a band to have more than 1 good lead singer in its history.

I agree with this, and yet, that first singer has the privilege/curse of being forever tagged with the band....especially if the band is really successful. After the first singer departs, the band may do OK, but it's never the same. Not for the original fanbase for sure.

....it's possible for a band to have more than 1 good lead singer in its history.

I agree with this, and yet, that first singer has the privilege/curse of being forever tagged with the band....especially if the band is really successful. After the first singer departs, the band may do OK, but it's never the same. Not for the original fanbase for sure.

Agreed. Except for Maiden, that's true for every other band I mentioned. I think most people think Gillan, not Rod Evans, was Purple's original singer.

I'll add that I think Brian gets a bad rap here. Is the band sort of one dimensional with him on vocals? Yes. But they don't pretend to be anything but what they are. Are some of their albums over the many years weaker than others? Sure. But let's be honest. So are a certain Canadian trio's output after 1984.

Yeah true, but I prefer all outputs of every known and unknown Canadian trio after 1984, before I listen to fake AC.

BiB is still the only Johnson-era album that I can listen to. Bon rules and he cannot be replaced. :tsk:

For me, a lot of bands that I grew up with, lost a lot of their magic, by replacing the original singer.

Genesis, Marillion, AC/DC, even Maiden...

• Like 1

RIP Bon.

He was great. So is Brian Johnson. Like Ozzy and Dio, Dave and Sammy, Di'Anno and Dickinson, Gillan and Coverdale, it's possible for a band to have more than 1 good lead singer in it's history.

I completely agree. Johnson is as solid as they come. He will always, though, live in Bon Scott's shadow with us old timers. Such incredible showmanship. A tremendous personality. One of the truly great front men (although I have to take LABT's nod to Freddie Mercury up a notch as I think Freddie was both the greatest voice and frontman in rock and roll).

Interesting side note.... I never put it in my 21 year old son's head, but he loves, absolutely loves Bon Scott era AC/DC. He thinks the Brian Johnson era stuff is pretty good, but he always gives the nod to Bon Scott stuff in the truck. Bon makes fans even from the grave.

• Like 1

RIP Bon.

He was great. So is Brian Johnson. Like Ozzy and Dio, Dave and Sammy, Di'Anno and Dickinson, Gillan and Coverdale, it's possible for a band to have more than 1 good lead singer in it's history.

I completely agree. Johnson is as solid as they come. He will always, though, live in Bon Scott's shadow with us old timers. Such incredible showmanship. A tremendous personality. One of the truly great front men (although I have to take LABT's nod to Freddie Mercury up a notch as I think Freddie was both the greatest voice and frontman in rock and roll).

Interesting side note.... I never put it in my 21 year old son's head, but he loves, absolutely loves Bon Scott era AC/DC. He thinks the Brian Johnson era stuff is pretty good, but he always gives the nod to Bon Scott stuff in the truck. Bon makes fans even from the grave.

Brian Johnson is very talented and he's a great guy but after "Back In Black" the writing really hit the wall of shit. Duck loves "Flick Of The Switch." I think it's garbage.

"Fly On The Wall?" SINK THE PINK.

Pure shite.

Once Bon passed away it was all over.

It's like the same thing with Cliff Burton.

Once Cliff passed away Metallica turned to SHIT!

• Like 1