Hated how geddy ruined dreamline live on VT tour!!

nicky6

Yeah he he sang it all diffrent , it was done excellent on the last 3 tours. but he changed the way he sang it. specially in the end of the song. totally unexcepable.. by singing it, (wonder what ouuuur dreams might be worth at the end. ) quess he was bored of singing it the right way..

What was wrong with the VT Dreamline?

The best version is the CA one with the CA String Ensemble. In my opinion. I like the VT one too. But that's because I love the song. Especially the lyrics.

I thought you didn't pay attention to the lyrics (exception Losing It)... :D
  • Like 1

The best version is the CA one with the CA String Ensemble. In my opinion. I like the VT one too. But that's because I love the song. Especially the lyrics.

Only when they leap out at me. He's not proselytizing in Dreamline. And I relate well to many of the lyrics in the song. I remember the first time I heard it when it came out and hearing the lines "when we are young, wandering the face of the earth, wondering what our dreams will be worth, learning that we're only immortal for a limited time" and smiling to myself thinking: the man knows!!

• Like 4

Only when they leap out at me. He's not proselytizing in Dreamline. And I relate well to many of the lyrics in the song. I remember the first time I heard it when it came out and hearing the lines "when we are young, wandering the face of the earth, wondering what our dreams will be worth, learning that we're only immortal for a limited time" and smiling to myself thinking: the man knows!!

:goodone: Well said as per usual... :)
  • Like 3

I never cared for Dreamline until I heard it live. Really takes it to another level.

A bit heavier?

Yes I suppose that's it. It's also fun that everyone sings along with it. :)

What's proselytizing?

What's proselytizing?

Trying to convert someone from religion or some other belief or opinion.

If you don't like what Geddy did with the song then don't listen to that recording of it. It's really that simple. The best version of Dreamline is on Different Stages anyways. No need to get upset with it, there are plenty of other recordings of the song you can enjoy and hear it the "proper" way.
  • Like 2

The first time my friend and I heard this on the radio (before RTB was released), he asked, "did he just say 'we're well hung?'" To this day that's what I hear. That being said, I was never a big fan of the song.

Dreamline lost it's luster long ago. They seem to like it. Cause it's been featured on Every tour Since RTB save for Time machine. So yes i think they've killed it, lol.

Mick

Dreamline is cool live. People like to sing along with it.

• Like 3