Signals or Grace Under Pressure

Lorraine

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you like more?

Good gawd all this GUP stuff, you people know nothing about Rush music. Where the Real Rush Fan Forum?

;)

the results are a bit.....uh........strange :)

Mick

I wonder if part of this might be because when GUP came out originally people didn't listen to it much but over the years they've come back to it and now enjoy it more.

When I started listening to Rush, I immediately liked the first 8 albums and RTB (which was getting a lot of radio play). I didn't get into the synth stuff for about 5-8 years later, so my appreciation for both Signals and GuP came at around the same time. Signals has one amazing song, a few good ones, and a very weak side 2. GuP is just more consistent. If it weren't for Subdivisions and the fact that Signals follows PeW and MP, I doubt nearly as many people would prefer it to GuP.

• Like 1

I find that Signals has deep ties musically with Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. While Grace Under Pressure was a new departure. I evolved with Rush so I enjoyed it.
  • Like 1

I just like the SOUND signals has better too. I always thought grace's Production was weak and has aged pretty awfully myself. then again a lot of 80's Rush......much as i love it has not aged well. Power Windows, HYF, Presto. So ya, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I just like the SOUND signals has better too. I always thought grace's Production was weak and has aged pretty awfully myself. then again a lot of 80's Rush......much as i love it has not aged well. Power Windows, HYF, Presto. So ya, lol

Mick

The sound is better on Signals (thank you Terry), but the songs are just weaker, for me. And I find most of the lyrics on GuP to be master-class.

• Like 3

I don't like Subdivisions.

There we go. I said it.

You WHAT?! :bitchslap:

You think you can judge Segue for not liking Subdivisions, when you don't like HEMISPHERES?? :LOL:
  • Like 5

There we go. I said it.

You WHAT?! :bitchslap:

You think you can judge Segue for not liking Subdivisions, when you don't like HEMISPHERES?? :LOL:

I'm not judging. I'm teasing. Honestly it doesn't matter that much to me. We're all entitled to have our own opinions without being judged. And anyway, Hemispheres sucks. Subdivisions doesn't.

There is not one bad song on Signals. Like I already said, it is the last Rush album that I listen to without skipping any songs.

Countdwn is on and off with me.

Mick

There we go. I said it.

The song I usually skip is Digital Man. Meh....doesn't do much for me.