Trying To Keep My Threads Very "VIVID!" Living Colour's Debut Album Is A Masterpiece!

RUSHHEAD666

Thanks to the Boz Scaggs Thread, his album "Middle Man" was mentioned! Instantly in my mind I thought of the awesome song by Living Colour!

I saw Living Colour back in the day. They totally kicked ass! They are probably one of the most underrated bands in the land!

Vernon Reid is a monster guitarist. Will on the drums is a BEAST!! Corey Glover is an amazing vocalist. He is not in any relation to Danny Glover.

I thought they were related back in the Nineties,

Anyway "Vivid" should be in all of your collections!

"Cult Of Personality" is a great song, but guys this band is NOT a one hit wonder!!!

Go get "Vivid" on cd! It's remastered with bonus tracks!

Love their cover of Memories Can't Wait by Talking Heads. Got their 1st two albums five years ago. Underrated rock band. I also love how they've found a new generation of fans because of wrestler CM Punk.

Wait! That's a cover? You got me! WOW!

• Like 1

Love their cover of Memories Can't Wait by Talking Heads. Got their 1st two albums five years ago. Underrated rock band. I also love how they've found a new generation of fans because of wrestler CM Punk.

Yeah, it's on their Fear Of Music album from 1979. That one has Life During Wartime ("This ain't no party!This ain't no disco!") on it.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's on their Fear Of Music album from 1979. That one has Life During Wartime ("This ain't no party!This ain't no disco!") on it.

I love this forum! I learn something new every day! Thanks! I love the Talking Heads but I can't make the connection! I will give it a listen!

That & Time's Up were both great. They were good live too.

You are my brother from another mother. I was going to say that "Time's Up" is no sophomore jinx!!

It's better. In my mind Vivid has stronger songs, better great tunes but Time's Up holds together better as an album. Great live, saw them with King's X back in '90.

• Like 1

I think they were "discovered" by Mick Jagger, hence the Stones opening slot.

I couldn't catch them in their prime, but saw them in 2004 and they were great. Back in Black was the first song of the show, and they also played Seven Nation Army, to everyone's surprise.

Ha!

I knew I wrote this thing a few years ago!

"VIVID" isn one of the greatest albums ever made!

Vernon Reid is a SHREDDER baby!

Calhoun is a great fuckking drummer.

Everyone who is a RUSH fan should own "VIVID" on cd! Or at least on your frigging smartphone!

"I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of.... PERSONALITY!"

• Like 1

It's better than Boston's debut! Van Halen's! Pearl Jam's! Led Zepp's! Rush's! It's my favorite debut of all time! :yes:

I saw them for free on the campus of the University of Florida during the Time's Up tour. King's X was opening! So close to the stage my head almost exploded! I think it did!

Signed,

You can't erase a memory

• Like 2

That & Time's Up were both great. They were good live too.

You are my brother from another mother. I was going to say that "Time's Up" is no sophomore jinx!!

It's better. In my mind Vivid has stronger songs, better great tunes but Time's Up holds together better as an album. Great live, saw them with King's X back in '90.

Agreed... and I saw them in 90 with KX too. Amazing show.

Also saw them in 89 opening for the Stones in LA (GNR was on that bill too)... and then again for the 25th anniv of Vivid in 2013.

• Like 2

I've said it before and will say it again, although apparently a lot of people vehemently disagree.

Every LC album is great.

Stain, Collide, and Chair are also all stellar albums, and they all go about rock differently. The first half of Collideoscope is probably my favorite half of any LC album.

Their covers are always great, and I agree about Memories. Possibly my favorite cover of all time.

• Like 2

I'm so glad I brought this thread back to the surface!!! All of you who have posted here are RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

I love ALL Living Colour.

"What's your favorite colour baby? LIVING COLOUR!"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I've said it before and will say it again, although apparently a lot of people vehemently disagree.

Every LC album is great.

Stain, Collide, and Chair are also all stellar albums, and they all go about rock differently. The first half of Collideoscope is probably my favorite half of any LC album.

Their covers are always great, and I agree about Memories. Possibly my favorite cover of all time.

I still need to get Chair. I keep putting that one off. I know I'll like it, but there's so much good music out there.