Opening video predictions

jamie

I'm curious to know what you guys think/want the opening video(s) to be like. Knowing them, they'll come up with a funny skit. I wonder if they'll have a video to open up the second half (and take up a little time). I don't think they'll really tie in a little bit of everything from their career since they pretty much did that on the Time Machine Tour. Thoughts?

I want to see them all enjoying a vacation in their own way, when a metal detector (like the one the moving pictures guy was using on the promo) lifts them out of paradise, along with instruments and forcing them onto a stage, they try to run, but everyone cheers, so they shrug and play. All that in cartoon for the opener would be great, and then as they play the first note on the video, the stage lights up and they are there.
  • Like 2

I want to see them all enjoying a vacation in their own way, when a metal detector (like the one the moving pictures guy was using on the promo) lifts them out of paradise, along with instruments and forcing them onto a stage, they try to run, but everyone cheers, so they shrug and play. All that in cartoon for the opener would be great, and then as they play the first note on the video, the stage lights up and they are there.

That's a great idea. :)

That's a great idea. :)

holy crap, it really is.
  • Like 1

Given the hint we got that this might be the last tour, I'm thinking the opening video will poke fun at them being over-the-hill musicians and might even have something to do with them being retired but all in a subtle lighthearted way.. Watch for it.. I called it!! :P

Or since some feel that Neil had to be talked into it this time, maybe that's the running joke now within the band..

Then the video could portray the opposite, Neil at home in an apron tending to the wife and baby.. Then Geddy and Alex pull up in front of Neil's house on motorcycles and Neil gets all excited for a chance to go for a ride so he throws off the apron and fires a couple quick excuses at the family with a promise to return sometime later in the year.

Then we see him pull out onto the street on his BMW and the three ride off..the stage is lit like a dark alley and the screen shows the back door of Massy Hall. The three ride onto the stage like Rob Halford on custom Rush-themed Harley's and quickly launch into A Farewell to Kings!!... Damn. Think I went too far there.. ;)

• Like 1

Given the hint we got that this might be the last tour, I'm thinking the opening video will poke fun at them being over-the-hill musicians and might even have something to do with them being retired but all in a subtle lighthearted way.. Watch for it.. I called it!! :P

They did that for R30. Remember Geddy 'working out' at the retirement home!

How about the old standby of the lights going down and the band coming out to play music?

Why that's 95% of the other bands do, this makes Rush somewhat special, plus it gets the crowd pumped up

I expect them to make fun of themselves with something like a video from the R70 tour. They would look REALLY OLD and be on stage in wheelchairs. There could be a scene with them backstage talking about the good old days when they were young. One of them could say “I can still remember the R40 tour…”

By the way, I liked all their opening videos except the one from Clockwork Angels. It just wasn’t funny in my opinion.

• Like 4

I expect them to make fun of themselves with something like a video from the R70 tour. They would look REALLY OLD and be on stage in wheelchairs. There could be a scene with them backstage talking about the good old days when they were young. One of them could say “I can still remember the R40 tour…”

By the way, I liked all their opening videos except the one from Clockwork Angels. It just wasn’t funny in my opinion.

But Neil was such a good actor! "Don't forget my head again!"
  • Like 1

How about just the 3 Stooges theme....Nothing more, nothing less. 30 seconds and they are up and running. The worst was the time machine tour i believe, wasn't it like 5 + minutes?? Talk about taking the air out of a concert from the get-go.

that one was pretty damn funny imo

How about just the 3 Stooges theme....Nothing more, nothing less. 30 seconds and they are up and running. The worst was the time machine tour i believe, wasn't it like 5 + minutes?? Talk about taking the air out of a concert from the get-go.

100% agree.

Couldnt agree more or do the old 2001 Space Ody theme and go!!

Oh Ya :(

Oh Ya :(

If Neil can rehash the R 30 kit then certainly they can do that with the videos. :LOL:

No opening video. How about the 'spaceship' sound effects blasting through the speakers with the house lights still on? Rush slowly walks on stage and after all gathering by Neil's kit rip into 2112 with house lights still on. Houselights go out just before vocal parts start. Then with lights finally down and the crowd in a frenzy, one spotlight hits on Alex with the opening notes of Freewill...

All the tour videos since R30 have been crap so hopefully they can recapture that magic. Having Jerry Stiller never hurts! I wouldn't mind if they scrapped them all together and no matter what they do, it shouldn't be so long!
  • Like 1