"Likely last major tour of this magnitude."

Powderfinger

In the back of my head I'm thinking that they do this tour...take a few months off...do a winter-ish tour of about the same amount of shows, then do one last live event, film it, and then they start releasing the live stuff that's sat in the vaults forever...

But don't tell anyone that they're "ending it"!

I think that if they'e still feeling good by the time August rolls around, there's a good chance of a 2016 leg, with some European dates and N.A. markets that weren't hit this time around. If this IS the final go-round, would they really go out on a tour in which they don't play Cleveland, Pittsburgh...?

THIS

Funny you mention the setlist. I am a setlist checker and that was part of the reason I skipped the last tour. :zzz:

In fact most every tour since T4E was solid (minus Snakes and Clockwork). If there's a killer setlist I might shell out.

What are you talking about? Snakes and Clockwork *HAD* killer setlists! :finbar:

As much as I don't care for the S&A album, the 1st part of the 1st set was really heavy on a lot of good varied deep tracks. C'mon... "Circumstances"?! "Entre Nous"?! "Digital Man"?! Awesome!

As for the CA tour... well, I love the 80's stuff, especially PW. So that settles that. :haz:

Edited by zappafrank

You're amazing Goose!

I wish I had your will power.

I don't know. I never cheat and look at the set list.

Perhaps if it's a shit list and they bring out that shit orchestra again I might pass.

Well I'm a whore. I have to do San Jose!

Future home of the Oakland A's! NOT! :-)

Obviously they are a great band, but the business end has taken front and center. I don't fault them for it.

Funny you mention the setlist. I am a setlist checker and that was part of the reason I skipped the last tour. :zzz:

Time Machine was a great tour. In fact most every tour since T4E was solid (minus Snakes and Clockwork). If there's a killer setlist I might shell out.

The last tour I saw them and paid through the nose for VIP in Toronto and justified with a vacation there. Having seen about 75 shows over the years that show was by far the best I had seen. You missed it with the string section. Really amazing.

This tour will have a different feel I think this is sort of a Farewell tour but with a greatest hits vibe. Should be great.

I'm just happy they're coming to Salt Lake City, although instead of the usual, high quality USANA venue, they're going with (crappy) Maverik Center.

For the first time ever I might hit 2+ shows this time around.

• Like 1

I'm sitting with mixed feelings here. On one side I can understand the reasons behind it, and they're by large justifiable. Then on the other side I'm so much hoping for an European leg even if it means 6-12 hours driving to the venue. Last tour we drove from Denmark to Holland and we would drive even farther if needed. Should it turn out that CA was the only tour I got to see, then I'm happy I at least got to see them once.

And let's not forget all the amazing albums they have put out to enjoy - we still have those :)

• Like 2

I'm hoping this language implies a second leg will be announced (including Europe) and that any subsequent tours will be shorter North American stops only. A secondary hope is that if Europe is included a stop in Dublin is included given I just moved to Ireland. One can hope!

SAME

I've been hearing "this could be it" since 87.

My friend looked at me 11 years ago during the video accompanied R30 Overture and said it reminded him of a eulogy. "This could be it," he said. I was surprised they came back in 02. I'll keep going and waiting for shows until they stop.

In fact most every tour since T4E was solid (minus Snakes and Clockwork). If there's a killer setlist I might shell out.

What are you talking about? Snakes and Clockwork *HAD* killer setlists! :finbar:

As much as I don't care for the S&A album, the 1st part of the 1st set was really heavy on a lot of good varied deep tracks. C'mon... "Circumstances"?! "Entre Nous"?! "Digital Man"?! Awesome!

As for the CA tour... well, I love the 80's stuff, especially PW. So that settles that. :haz:

I' m judging the setlists not on songs I like but on songs that provided energy to an audience. The S&A tour had long periods in the show where the energy was sucked out of the building. From what I've seen of the CA tour, the same is true. RUSH music is esoteric enough as it is without choosing a list of songs that won't engage the casual fan. At the prices they're charging, I want epic energy throughout the set.

Keep that in mind when you are all sitting in the audience - this is it. Savor each moment and commit it to your memory bank.

Wouldn't be surprised for this to work its way into the setlist as a cover, the way things have gone the last few shows.

( :P )

. :haz:

The first half was solid, I'll agree. Although Entre Nous left 2/3 of the audience scratching their heads.