Do the Pre-Sales really provide better tix?

Ron2112

Anyone know when the next presales wave will start? I'm waiting for Columbus.

Me too. I have a feeling they might not announce the next round of tickets until after the 30th. I could be wrong but it seems like it would make sense.

It's been hit and miss for me... For the 2012 show in Philly I got GREAT seats in one of the VIP sections of the Wells Fargo Center (not the first 3 rows VIP sections, the actual venue VIP section with it's own bar and munchies and stuff)

For other shows, I got decent seats, but nothing you would really brag about..

My quest is just to GET tickets to the show any more... Don't want to be on the outside looking in to tell you the truth!

I've never been closer than 17th row with the pre sale. Didn't do any better day before the show. May have to go VIP this time.

Then you may end up all the way up in row 15. :eyeroll: Not sure why anyone would pay that kind of coin not knowing where their seat would be until they get the tickets.

I've never understood that either. If i'm spending over $300 for just one ticket, I better damn well know where i'm sitting upon purchase.

That's just it,

I want to know where I am sitting.

It's luck of the draw. The only thing for certain is don't let yourself get shafted with VIP seating. It's bad enough that you don't know what seat you're getting until the day of the concert. It's worse that you have to pay $400 for the ticket and at most $70 worth of stuff.

Speaking of presales...when are the rush fanclub passowrds going out? The one for my venue is this week and no password yet.

It's luck of the draw. The only thing for certain is don't let yourself get shafted with VIP seating. It's bad enough that you don't know what seat you're getting until the day of the concert. It's worse that you have to pay $400 for the ticket and at most $70 worth of stuff.

Speaking of presales...when are the rush fanclub passowrds going out? The one for my venue is this week and no password yet.

You'll probably get it the day ahead.

• Like 1

You don't get a password. You just get a link to the presale page in the e-mail they send. You should get this a day or two before the presale starts.

• Like 1

quick question... I believe LiveNation ran the VIP package sale. They're also running the mobile pre-sale later this week for a lot of shows. Do you think all the tickets in the first 16 rows that LiveNation had rights to were VIP Package tickets? meaning there would be no first 16 row tickets available for the mobile pre-sale?

I've never understood that either. If i'm spending over $300 for just one ticket, I better damn well know where i'm sitting upon purchase.

It makes things more difficult for brokers/scalpers. Imagine you wanted to resell your seat at a big profit. How would you do it? You don't know where it is and you won't have the actual ticket until the last minute.

Edited by gap
  • Like 1

I just noticed that RIAB has on sale dates for the Tampa show; there is a "VIP presale" and a CITI presale, but no "Fan Presale" (Non VIP package presale). Is that correct or is there a general fan presale as well? Anyone know?