New World Men - The Best Of Rush

New World Men Band

Hello good people!

I'm new and I've been wanting to post here for a little while! So, to hell the shyness, here's my presentation!

Something like eight months ago, we started a new band. Yes, another Rush tribute band. Since there's already a gazillion clone bands, we asked ourselves what would be our angle? How can we make this different? More enjoyable? After much thoughts, we figured that we will NEVER be Rush, but we'd like to celebrate the music we all love! Our mission was pretty clear: We'd like to sound like RUSH, not be a another clone band. We focused on the album/studio versions of songs, analyzing and charting every possible parts. We started from there and built a nice follow up. Our three first shows were success, sold out venues! I couldn't believe it! There's many hidden Rush fans in Montreal! :)

Now, I'd like to share two videos with you guys and we'd like your input!

First, we recorded Tom Sawyer. Cheap low end camera, but sounds good:

http://youtu.be/MONvUf6MLLk

Second, we recorded Subdivisions, much better imagery and sounds good too:

http://youtu.be/If93NoRqH9o

We'd like to have feedback from die hard fans over world. I figured out this might be the best place to reach you guys! Please let us know what you think! Positive and negative, we're looking to better ourselves and make the best Rush "Tribute" band possible.

There's a new video in the making in which you'll see our stage setup. We'll soon post it!

Thanks for reading this! Leave us your impressions!

Marc Girard from New World Men

http://www.newworldmen.net

• Like 4

Nice job! These are two songs I play often on drums, I couldn't imagine singing it too!i

Oh yes NWM: welcome!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2

I am not a fan of all these cover bands. I find it boring and pointless, since nothing come close to Rush.

But I must admit that this was kinda good, it does not sound as Rush, but you guys do got some skills, and I think that you should make own music instead of just playing Rush songs.

And playing drums while singing? That must be hard, it will be even harder if you play the 70s songs.

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 2

write your own stuff...you could go far!

What they're doing is tough enough....if it was that easy to do everyone would be writing their own material. It just goes to show how good RUSH is to do what they do yet we become so critical of everything they release.

Edited by g under p
  • Like 1

Sounds cool but I find it weird listening to Rush songs without Geddy's vocals. He has a very unique voice that would be hard to imitate I suspect.
  • Like 1

I booked you some Le Studio time. - please excuse the appearence of the place the cleaners havent been here in a while...

Hahaha, good one! I've been to Le Studio, a friend of mine was engineering one of the last albums recorded there. You should have seen my face when I saw the Moving Pictures Gold Record on the wall. Freaked out, wanted it so bad! (Knowing that the place was going to close). It could be a nice project: Go record some sort of an ultimate Rush/Le Studio tribute there... I'm from Montreal, it probably could be arranged... :blush:

Marc / NWM

Edited by New World Men Band

Just wondering if you have a set list from one of your shows, would love to know what you've been able to cover so far. Again, excellent job.

Not played in that order really...

Analog Kid

Animate

Distant Early Warning

Dreamline

Show Don't Tell

Subdivisions

Spirit Of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Red Barchetta

Stick It Out

Time Stand Still

Closer To The Heart

Red Sector A

Roll The Bones

The Trees

YYZ

La Villa Strangiato

Limelight

New World Man

Xanadu

You'll see a selection of those songs in our up coming promotional video!

Cheers,

Marc / NWM

• Like 1

I booked you some Le Studio time. - please excuse the appearence of the place the cleaners havent been here in a while...

Hahaha, good one! I've been to Le Studio, a friend of mine was engineering one of the last albums recorded there. You should have seen my face when I saw the Moving Pictures Gold Record on the wall. Freaked out, wanted it so bad! (Knowing that the place was going to close). It could be a nice project: Go record some sort of an ultimate Rush/Le Studio tribute there... I'm from Montreal, it probably could be arranged... :blush:

Marc / NWM

Great- let me know I will bring up a generator and some lights! after a few beers you could set the drums up on the lake....lol

• Like 1

Damn! I haven't listened to too many Rush tribute bands, so there may be some out there better than you guys, but I'd find that hard to believe. Other than the vocals, to me both songs sound spot on.

If you didn't have video proof of you actually playing the songs, I might have thought that you just put vocals to the studio recordings themselves. Even the guitar tone sounds amazing, and he plays the solos just like Alex, which is where a lot of Rush tribute bands really screw up, IMO.

Plus, as others have said, the fact that you sing and play Neil's parts at the same time is incredible. Pretty much every drummer I know can't even play Rush songs period, much less sing while doing so.

Kudos man.

• Like 1

Damn! I haven't listened to too many Rush tribute bands, so there may be some out there better than you guys, but I'd find that hard to believe. Other than the vocals, to me both songs sound spot on.

If you didn't have video proof of you actually playing the songs, I might have thought that you just put vocals to the studio recordings themselves. Even the guitar tone sounds amazing, and he plays the solos just like Alex, which is where a lot of Rush tribute bands really screw up, IMO.

Plus, as others have said, the fact that you sing and play Neil's parts at the same time is incredible. Pretty much every drummer I know can't even play Rush songs period, much less sing while doing so.

Kudos man.

Thanks for the kind words. As the producer of the band, I'm working my ass off to make sure *ALL* the sounds are correct and true to the original. I crafted all the bass, guitar and synth sounds, did research on the original instruments, effects and synths. We spent countless hours re-crafting all those sounds with modern technology! To me, there's no higher honor than another Rush fan saying: Man, sounds like the record! Once again, thanks!

Marc / NWM

http://www.newworldmen.net

• Like 2