How old was Geddy?

YYZumbi

I was listening to Fly By Night today and Geddy´s voice is just amazing on the album. So it got me thinking, how old was Geddy during the recording of the album Fly By Night? Edited by YYZumbi

I think I solved the equation after hours of trying.

Here it is: x year and month - month 7 in the year 1953 AD.

Fukking genius man. How on earth did you pull that off! Amazing!! ;)

• Like 1

Here's one I am scratching my head on: how old was Geddy at the start of the 30th Anniverary Tour?

Wouldn't he have been 51? That still amazes me. When I was a kid being 50 would've meant you had one foot in the grave. Now I look at it and think, boy did he look young! :LOL:

Zumbi, by the time Geddy was your age (24), Rush had already recorded AFTK and was in the midst of composing Hemispheres.

I wish I'd have thought of writing AFTK and Hemispheres when I was 24

Here's one I am scratching my head on: how old was Geddy at the start of the 30th Anniverary Tour?

I think he was younger than he was at the end of it.

"He was so much older then,

He's younger than that now."

:LOL:

Or maybe not...

• Like 3

Honestly, yeah, he and Alex were only 20 when the first album was released. And what I've wondered for a long time is at exactly what point did Geddy actually figure out what he could do with his voice? How old was he when he began singing like he did in those early, hungry days?

I would love to know what Rush sounded like in the 1969-'72 period...but I don't imagine anyone was recording any of those really early club gigs.

Or maybe not...

It's taken me from the time you posted this until this moment to remember where you got that from - The Byrds. Believe it or not, I used to have immediate recall for stuff like this. Sadly, no more.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Or maybe not...

It's taken me from the time you posted this until this moment to remember where you got that from - The Byrds.

Yes!

I'm surprised you didn't get that right away.