Official 2015 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Tiger shooting 85 and Phil shooting 78 yesterday. Change is a com'in and I better wrap my brain around it. Believe it or not I still think Phil has more game left than Tiger does. I am not a believer as I said in Tiger's "going though a change" and "its a process" bullsh*t anymore. He has to show me something pretty damn spectacular and pretty soon for me to ever believe again. On a positive note I am like the "guy" Tiger much more these days. he seems happier and more accessible than ever and actually having fun on the course and with his playing partners and fans. Maybe that is part of the problem. As far as Phil goes I think he has alot of game left but I think the clock is ticking fast in regards to his health. Psoriatic Arthritis is something my dad has had since being a young man and it doesn't play. Pain and inflammation issues abound and could cut in career prematurely short and turn him into an "old man" before his time. There are lots and lots os kids who are real players out there. Disappointed yesterday in Patrick Rodgers shooting a 78. he seemed poised to really make a statement on a really big stage. He has really showed up well as of late and appears to be a star in the making. He will be all over the tour henceforth as I think he has earned enough cash to get his card without any Q schools in his future.

The game looks to be in good hands in the future and I had better face the facts and get used to it... :codger: :sigh:

Good posting, my friend. Here are some of my opinions...

We all have to face the aging process... even Rush. It sucks. The players on the Champions tour today were the PGA stars of yesterday... Time marches on for us all. :sigh: :(

Yes, it seems Phil's time is winding down... He doesn't have the consistency anymore. But, he did show up in the last 2 majors (tied for 2nd at the Masters and 2nd place at last year's PGA). My hope is that he wins the US Open at Chamber's Bay (he says he loves the course) and completes the career slam before it's too late. I'm already prepared that it may not happen, but one can dream. I agree with you. Tiger's attitude has changed. He is a more likable person and playing partner. He's a great Dad, and that's nice to see. I feel bad for his golfing situation. Did you hear Jack's comments yesterday? Jack's game was in the toilet at 39 years of age and he started over with the fundamentals (right back to the grip) and started winning again. That was his advice - to start over at the beginning.

Golf is such a weird game. Look at Rory winning earlier this year - he looked like he had it all figured out, then he goes overseas, shoots 80 and misses 2 consecutive cuts. Spieth seems to have putting woes lately - he's blown a ton and has cooled down.

I'm looking forward to the US Open - I hope Fox can cover it half as good as NBC did.

• Like 1

Tiger shooting 85 and Phil shooting 78 yesterday. Change is a com'in and I better wrap my brain around it. Believe it or not I still think Phil has more game left than Tiger does. I am not a believer as I said in Tiger's "going though a change" and "its a process" bullsh*t anymore. He has to show me something pretty damn spectacular and pretty soon for me to ever believe again. On a positive note I am like the "guy" Tiger much more these days. he seems happier and more accessible than ever and actually having fun on the course and with his playing partners and fans. Maybe that is part of the problem. As far as Phil goes I think he has alot of game left but I think the clock is ticking fast in regards to his health. Psoriatic Arthritis is something my dad has had since being a young man and it doesn't play. Pain and inflammation issues abound and could cut in career prematurely short and turn him into an "old man" before his time. There are lots and lots os kids who are real players out there. Disappointed yesterday in Patrick Rodgers shooting a 78. he seemed poised to really make a statement on a really big stage. He has really showed up well as of late and appears to be a star in the making. He will be all over the tour henceforth as I think he has earned enough cash to get his card without any Q schools in his future.

The game looks to be in good hands in the future and I had better face the facts and get used to it... :codger: :sigh:

We all have to face the aging process... even Rush. It sucks. The players on the Champions tour today were the PGA stars of yesterday... Time marches on for us all. :sigh: :(

Yes, it seems Phil's time is winding down... He doesn't have the consistency anymore. But, he did show up in the last 2 majors (tied for 2nd at the Masters and 2nd place at last year's PGA). My hope is that he wins the US Open at Chamber's Bay (he says he loves the course) and completes the career slam before it's too late. I'm already prepared that it may not happen, but one can dream. I agree with you. Tiger's attitude has changed. He is a more likable person and playing partner. He's a great Dad, and that's nice to see. I feel bad for his golfing situation. Did you hear Jack's comments yesterday? Jack's game was in the toilet at 39 years of age and he started over with the fundamentals (right back to the grip) and started winning again. That was his advice - to start over at the beginning.

Golf is such a weird game. Look at Rory winning earlier this year - he looked like he had it all figured out, then he goes overseas, shoots 80 and misses 2 consecutive cuts. Spieth seems to have putting woes lately - he's blown a ton and has cooled down.

I'm looking forward to the US Open - I hope Fox can cover it half as good as NBC did.

:goodone: ...

My boy Kisner is there or thereabouts again. Only 3 back now with plenty of golf yet to be played. 2 under fro his round through 7 holes. Birdied both par 5's as you should... :dweez:

This is my problem with how Tiger is treated... he is absolutely shitting the bed and they just had a 5 minute Tiger final round recap. :facepalm: Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 2

This is my problem with how Tiger is treated... he is absolutely shitting the bed and they just had a 5 minute Tiger final round recap. :facepalm:

Like it or not, Tiger has penetrated the public consciousness like no other golfer. Just this morning I was picking up a prescription at Walgreen's and the car ahead of me had a license plate that read 79WD and my mind immediately went to thinking about Tiger at next week's US Open.

This is my problem with how Tiger is treated... he is absolutely shitting the bed and they just had a 5 minute Tiger final round recap. :facepalm:

Like it or not, Tiger has penetrated the public consciousness like no other golfer. Just this morning I was picking up a prescription at Walgreen's and the car ahead of me had a license plate that read 79WD and my mind immediately went to thinking about Tiger at next week's US Open.

:LOL:

He changed the way golf was covered, how courses were laid out. He expanded the demographic of the golf fan.

Time to start embracing the new talent a little more and start letting him go.

• Like 2

:LOL:

He changed the way golf was covered, how courses were laid out. He expanded the demographic of the golf fan.

Time to start embracing the new talent a little more and start letting him go.

Agreed as per my previous posts. Time to let go of he and Phil too for that matter. They may contend some still but I don't hold out much hope for any consistent winning anymore from either. If you would have asked me in 2008 I would have told you Tiger would have 20 majors by now and close to 100 wins. Health is everything when you have it and it sucks when you don't...

Playoff time

Yes indeed. I have been watching. Kisner finished 11 under and T7 I think. He is gonna win one of these soon I believe... :codger: Next week might as well be an off week as far as I am concerned and then Chambers Bay. Should be fascinating... Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

We will see who wins the playoff and then check out the trophy wife... LOL.

A tradition unlike any other... :D
  • Like 1

We will see who wins the playoff and then check out the trophy wife... LOL.

A tradition unlike any other... :D

One trophy wife.... Check... :)
  • Like 1

Onto the 10th for round 3. Coverage by Gary McCord...

At least its not you know know from another network... :eh:

Congrats Dave. Was looking for another hot trophy wife and got Kostis (not a fan of his either btw) instead... :|

Congrats Dave. Was looking for another hot trophy wife and got Kostis (not a fan of his either btw) instead... :|

Congrats Dave. After his 18 holes were done, he was waiting in the clubhouse and at that time they showed his wife.. She checked the trophy box, LOL.

i like the swing analysis Kostis does.

• Like 1

Congrats Dave. After his 18 holes were done, he was waiting in the clubhouse and at that time they showed his wife.. She checked the trophy box, LOL.

I missed that trophy wife. Not a fan of his swing analytics in particular. Never been a fan. Oh well you like Rolf so we are even I guess... :LOL:
  • Like 1

I missed that trophy wife. Not a fan of his swing analytics in particular. Never been a fan. Oh well you like Rolf so we are even I guess... :LOL:

You bet.. We may be wishing for McCord and Rolf if the Fox US Open coverage is not good, lol.

The main thing for me is discussing and enjoying a topic with intelligent points of view. (Which you and others bring). Differences of opinion are healthy. Cheers, my friend!

• Like 1

You bet.. We may be wishing for McCord and Rolf if the Fox US Open coverage is not good, lol.

The main thing for me is discussing and enjoying a topic with intelligent points of view. (Which you and others bring). Differences of opinion are healthy. Cheers, my friend!

Oh geez I forgot Fox is doing this Open... :|

:goodone: ...

It looked to me like Tiger was back to that really violent swing. That's the swing that has wrecked his body through repetitive extreme stress.

Oh geez I forgot Fox is doing this Open... :|

Joe Buck, baby!

:outtahere:

this week's PGA = a snoozer, even for this old golf addict. :zzz: Right now I'm thinking I'll be watching ladies major instead.

I haven't even checked to see what is going on... :)
  • Like 1