Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

Hi!

And hello!

Be careful...Lorraine will gas on us due to the lack of Hems...

:o

Hmmm, maybe if I quote a pertinent lyric, it will keep things on track.

"Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose."

N'est-ce pas?

Edited by Blue J

I think Yes has helped me appreciate sidelong epics better.

Speaking of sidelong epics, then...the next essential album for you along those lines is called Foxtrot.

I shall be happy to send it to you, if you'd like! ;)

YES.

Segue, you MUST hear Foxtrot. Supper's Ready in particular... just great. 1972 was a good year for prog... Genesis, Yes and Tull all reached their peaks IMO. Genesis kept going strong for 3 more records, and Yes were already in their peak period (and would be through GFTO), but 1972 is a special year for prog for me.

• Like 1

I think Yes has helped me appreciate sidelong epics better.

Speaking of sidelong epics, then...the next essential album for you along those lines is called Foxtrot.

I shall be happy to send it to you, if you'd like! ;)

YES.

Segue, you MUST hear Foxtrot. Supper's Ready in particular... just great. 1972 was a good year for prog... Genesis, Yes and Tull all reached their peaks IMO. Genesis kept going strong for 3 more records, and Yes were already in their peak period (and would be through GFTO), but 1972 is a special year for prog for me.

I'm certain Segue will love his "supper" if you will, lol

Mick

Let me get on with my current Yes, Kansas amd Hemispheres obsession...too much awesome will make Segue cray cray!
  • Like 2

A member was wondering if he is the only one who doesn't like the album, so I thought it would be a good topic for a thread. :)

Immediately write yourself off as a Rush fan if you dislike Hemispheres. This album defines the essence of Rush

This is how i feel when fans dislike Hold Your Fire.

• Like 1

A member was wondering if he is the only one who doesn't like the album, so I thought it would be a good topic for a thread. :)

Immediately write yourself off as a Rush fan if you dislike Hemispheres. This album defines the essence of Rush

I would say 2112 or even Moving Pictures defines their "essence" over Hemispheres. But whatever you want to think...

I would say 2112 or even Moving Pictures defines their "essence" over Hemispheres. But whatever you want to think...

Hemispheres was an extreme experiment for the band. That's why they moved on...

That's how i feel about mr tom Waits. You don't like him you don't like music, lol

(BTW that whole true fan thing is pompous music snobbery bullshit!)

Mick

I'm only a "true fan" of myself.

We don't need to be told. We already know.

• Like 3

It wasnt as extreme a shift in style as Caress Of Steel was.

I thought that even when i wasnt keen.

Rush.com agrees with you. So do I. I don't know how anyone could not like Hemispheres, but to each his/her own.

Caress of Steel > Hemispheres

Caress of Steel > Hemispheres

Caress of Steel is the bands first masterpiece.

I would even attempt to argue that it is better than Hems.

It isnt, but i could try.

Rush.com agrees with you. So do I. I don't know how anyone could not like Hemispheres, but to each his/her own.

All of this fanboi snobbery is actually turning me off the album.

• Like 1

Bet you hated the popular kid who everyone actually liked.

Bet you hated the popular kid who everyone actually liked.

I think I murdered him.

Who cares? Your IQ is too low anyway. ;) ;) Go drape some Christmas tinsel over your head and listen to Presto. You'll feel better. :cool:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Who cares? Your IQ is too low anyway. ;) ;) Go drape some Christmas tinsel over your head and listen to Presto. You'll feel better. :cool:

I want to read what you typed before the edit.

The first two lines. In the edit, I added the last two.

More questions will cost more money.

I'm pretty sure it contained swearing.

I'm pretty sure it contained swearing.