Tell Us About Yourself!

Disk98

I'm Dave and my three biggest hobbies are drawing, making computer games, and making music.

Drawing: Ever since I could hold a crayon to destroy the family dictionary or decorate the car and walls with an open can of paint left in the garage at age 5, I knew I'd found a lifelong hobby. At almost every job I've ever held somebody has seen some of my artwork and told me I was wasting my time working there.

Computer Programming: Started this hobby at around the 7th grade with the old BASIC / Pascal language on the school's sole Apple ][e for fun, but it didn't take too long before I started to try and make my own games using them. Later learned Visual Basic and object-oriented programming, then waaaaay later started using a great program called Multimedia Fusion for my stuff which I still use today. I had some minor "hits" or whatever, mostly Hasslevania, Neil Peart: Mission the Camera Eye, and Equin: The Lantern. I've been working on Hasslevania's sequel off and on since December 2007. It's probably 95% complete but it's very hard to find the resolve to try and finish it proper for whatever reason. What's cool is I'm able to bring in my other 2 hobbies and do my own graphics and music for the games. This also saves a shitload of money not having to pay somebody else to do it!

Music: I started playing bass in 1991 after a buddy first played me Primus' "Jerry was a Race Car driver" and that was pretty much it. Strangely, almost everything I've ever written sounds nothing like Primus but Les was my original inspiration to play (and some cool street cred that I knew who Primus was before they really made it big I guess haha). I played in some bands here and there for years- mostly with some friends and my brother up until 1998. In 1993 I bought my first drum set which was a dark blue / purple TAMA rockstar series deal and just love drums. (These have since been sold and now because I live in an apartment with 100% assholes under us I play a Roland electric set for volume control). I took on the guitar when I bought my brother's Danelectro 56-U2 in the late 90's as well. Guitar... Well, I'm not "good" but I don't have to be. I just have to be good enough to play my own songs and so far I can!

My main thing now is a one man band deal called The Booger Myers Band, which is a lot of fun. My musical influences mostly would be Midnight Oil, Rush, Primus, Shonen Knife, and even Dream Theater (oh don't worry I can't play any DT to save my life but they ARE great). I sing because there's nobody else and though I don't like singing I do really like writing lyrics and overall song construction. I think I have a lot of great ideas, it's just the execution that needs work oftentimes. One day maybe more will come out of this band with others playing out but for now it'll just be me.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 3

I currently work as a public speaker and an advocate for Cerebral Palsy.

Have you heard of Michael Kutcher (Ashton's younger brother)? He was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at a young age and has since become a motivational speaker. He gave a speech at my high school 4 years ago during my junior year and it was very moving. He got a standing ovation when he was done, truly fantastic.

I'm an attention whore who should kill himself.

YOU ARE ALWAYS STEALING MY THUNDER

• Like 1

I'm a 31 year old middle child who is quiet and soft spoken. I can't pronounce 'th' sounds in the english language properly and sometimes my thoughts gets ahead of me and I stumble upon the words. I'm a gentle person who doesn't get in the way of others. I listen more than I talk and can to some seem secretive. If I feel at ease with someone I become very open and forthcoming. I'm not the kind of guy who puts forth a lot of energy to sustain friendships - good friendships doesn't require massive amounts of energy to sustain itself they give you that energy.

I like to play music. My father was a musician from before I was born up until his death. Some of my earliest memories are being behind a drum kit jamming or playing under the stage at a gig. So it only seemed natural that I picked up the guitar. Part of it was of course a young boy looking up to his father. We did spend thousands of hours geeking over music and gear.

I don't know where I'm heading. Sometimes I'm equally scared of living and scared of dying.

• Like 7

I can't pronounce 'th' sounds in the english language properly .....

Don't worry about that. Millions of Americans can't speak English properly, either..... :P

• Like 2

I'm actually an astronaut from the Planet of the Apes, it was a bit of a shock when I first witnessed a civilization of people! I'm used to it now though... http://www.rugbyfederal.com/forum/img/avatars/25475.gif?m=1397906316
  • Like 3

I'm actually an astronaut from the Planet of the Apes, it was a bit of a shock when I first witnessed a civilization of people! I'm used to it now though... http://www.rugbyfederal.com/forum/img/avatars/25475.gif?m=1397906316

Welcome to The Rush Forum.

I am a wife, mother, daughter, and sister. Family is the most important thing to me. I'm getting to be an old geezer, but I don't feel I'm as old as I am, and I'm trying to take care of my health.

I'm a proud Canadian and I like cheering for Canucks and events up here, north of the border. I like following current events.

I grew up with older brothers who followed sports, and my husband/son follow sports. (although my husband loves shopping more than me and I love sports more than him). Watching sports for me is entertaining, and an escape from stressful issues I have to deal with both at work and the care of my elderly mother.

Musically, my first love is the decade of the 60's. As I've previously stated, my son turned me onto Rush a few years ago when we watched Rush in Rio... I'm a late bloomer as a Rush fan, but better late than never!

• Like 7

I am a wife, mother, daughter, and sister. Family is the most important thing to me. I'm getting to be an old geezer, but I don't feel I'm as old as I am, and I'm trying to take care of my health.

I'm a proud Canadian and I like cheering for Canucks and events up here, north of the border. I like following current events.

I grew up with older brothers who followed sports, and my husband/son follow sports. (although my husband loves shopping more than me and I love sports more than him). Watching sports for me is entertaining, and an escape from stressful issues I have to deal with both at work and the care of my elderly mother.

Musically, my first love is the decade of the 60's. As I've previously stated, my son turned me onto Rush a few years ago when we watched Rush in Rio... I'm a late bloomer as a Rush fan, but better late than never!

I learn something every day. I would have thought you a Rush fan from way back especially being Canadian. You had or have alot of catching up to do aye?.... :)

I don't know where I'm heading. Sometimes I'm equally scared of living and scared of dying.

Joy is found in the struggle against both

The fun in walking a tight rope is not falling to either side ;)

Agreed. However it's no fun racking your nuts on the tightrope either

• Like 1

You can't stray from comments about balls and nuts can you? :facepalm:

Well, sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do ;)

My name is James and I'm just a dumb ass truck driver, from South Carolina, as you all know already.

I don't have any creativity so, ergo, I inexorably fail at everything I try.

I got a wife, but no kids, because she is a lot older than I am, and I didn't want kids.

I try to seek the truth, always, and I hate lies, evil, gimmicks, stupidity, and being ripped off, and , of course, I hate the government.

I love heavy metal, industrial, electronics, and the blues.

I have 3 dogs(Weimeraner, German Shepherd, and Rat Terrier) and a Red Tiger Oscar fish.

Basically, I'm one of life's losers.

• Like 2

My name is James and I'm just a dumb ass truck driver, from South Carolina, as you all know already.

I got a wife, but no kids, because she is a lot older than I am, and I didn't want kids.

I try to seek the truth, always, and I hate lies, evil, gimmicks, stupidity, and being ripped off, and , of course, I hate the government.

I have 3 dogs(Weimeraner, German Shepherd, and Rat Terrier) and a Red Tiger Oscar fish.

I tend to be a bit self deprecating but you just won the prize. I can only speak for myself but I like you despite all of your obvious flaws.... :D Edited by Narpski

From one loser to another, you're my kind of guy Aiken.

• Like 1