Geddy Lee Answers Twitter Questions

The Analog Cub

"I have been playing more this break than I've ever played in the off time, both bass and a lot of guitar. I'm really into collecting some of these old instruments and they're firing me up. I've spent a lot of time in my studio or in front of a ballgame playing a bass."

c'mon Al, c'mon Neil, this guy is raring to go, great time to knock a quick album out get it out the way and outa your systems for another 3 or 4 years :)

Just what I was thinking. Also....I would LOVE to hear Chemistry live since Geddy's up for it.

• Like 2

"I have been playing more this break than I've ever played in the off time, both bass and a lot of guitar. I'm really into collecting some of these old instruments and they're firing me up. I've spent a lot of time in my studio or in front of a ballgame playing a bass."

c'mon Al, c'mon Neil, this guy is raring to go, great time to knock a quick album out get it out the way and outa your systems for another 3 or 4 years :)

Just what I was thinking. Also....I would LOVE to hear Cut To The Chase live since Geddy's up for it.

Fixed :D

Just what I was thinking. Also....I would LOVE to hear The Necromancer live since Alex's up for it.

Fixed :D

Fixed

This bit stood out to me, too. It sounds like he wants to write. So exciting :yes: :D

:rfl:

• Like 1

I really have the sneaking suspicion that this next tour, if they tour at all, is it. Just by the way he worded some answers.

You have to hand it to Geddy. He knows just how to answer a question. He would have made a good politician. :LOL:

He does seem to be the one trusted to give the best answers to reporters' questions. The other two aren't exactly masters of rhetoric.

• Like 1

When the band Wire reformed back in the 1980s they went on tour refusing to play their early and beloved material. Instead, they got for an opening act a cover band that performed their entire debut album, Pink Flag, start to finish. Maybe Rush can find a really good cover band to open for them and perform Caress of Steel. Then all the real Rush fans can leave when Rush plays the songs they want to perform.
  • Like 2

Well I heard Mr. Peart write about her

I heard ol' Neil put her down

I hope Neil Peart will remember

Caress of Steel don't need him around anyhow

Neil Young?

No. Who did Sweet Home Alabama?

Lynnerd . . . Lynyrd . . . damn, who can spell it?

• Like 1

When the band Wire reformed back in the 1980s they went on tour refusing to play their early and beloved material. Instead, they got for an opening act a cover band that performed their entire debut album, Pink Flag, start to finish. Maybe Rush can find a really good cover band to open for them and perform Caress of Steel. Then all the real Rush fans can leave when Rush plays the songs they want to perform.

Oooooooh . . . .yyyeeeouch!

• Like 1

This bit stood out to me, too. It sounds like he wants to write. So exciting :yes: :D

:rfl:

Don't forget to send him that Starbucks gift card for Christmas. Can't have him losing any of his magic. :)

• Like 2

Well I heard Mr. Peart write about her

I heard ol' Neil put her down

I hope Neil Peart will remember

Caress of Steel don't need him around anyhow

Neil Young?

Neil Young moved from Canada to California back when it was still considered cool to do so.

Neil Young moved from Canada to California back when it was still considered cool to do so.

It might have been cooler back then, but it's always warmer no matter when you do it . . . I wouldn't mind being there myself right now. Winter has just made its ugly entrance here.

Do you prefer Van Halen with Sammy Hagar or David Lee Roth?

I don't listen to either.

:oops: :AlienSmiley: Sammy they don't love you come back to us! :oops: :dweez: :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: LOVE COMES WALKIN' IN :musicnote: :musicnote: :musicnote: :dweez:

• Like 1