So cant get past the bad vocals.. CA dvd

nicky6

Those that complain about the mixing, I agree! But those that complain on Geddy's voice, please just stop it... the guy is over 60 years old, and his voice is still great. If you don't like it, then just stop go to the Rush concerts and stay home and cry instead.

Its not harder then that, right?

No sh**!! :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy:

Those that complain about the mixing, I agree! But those that complain on Geddy's voice, please just stop it... the guy is over 60 years old, and his voice is still great. If you don't like it, then just stop go to the Rush concerts and stay home and cry instead.

sorry ged, but you guys picked the wrong night to film. you sounded pretty good at both of the CA tours I attended, much better than the time machine gig I saw, but your vocs aren't top notch on the dvd.

sorry ged, but you guys picked the wrong night to film. you sounded pretty good at both of the CA tours I attended, much better than the time machine gig I saw, but your vocs aren't top notch on the dvd.

Geddy says you can sit home and cry if you don't like his voice.

fists%20crying.gif fists%20crying.gif fists%20crying.gif

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

OK... just for the record you're really starting to remind me of Zumbi.

• Like 4

What?

it's those vocals you can't get around.

Many, many Rush fans "get around" Geddy's vocals just fine, so it must be you who has the problem. :huh:

• Like 1

hey dickweed, that's geddy lee you're talkin to!

• Like 3

I have to agree with the criticism of the mix(es).

My wife and I chase around the String Cheese Incident and Gov't Mule, and they turn around amazing-sounding recordings for download in three days.

You would think, given all the time they take to release live recordings, Rush's would sound better than what comes from a dude who just sparked a fattie and ate a grilled cheese in the parking lot.

What?

Zumbi is some super hot Swedish babe who posts here under the guise of a semi-illiterate spoiled rich prince.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 3

He must really like referring to himself in the third person...

• Like 1

This will save on file space..... ;)

He must really like referring to himself in the third person...

I'll say. Maybe he's trying to throw us off his trail.

• Like 2

I think one of the main problems is that they wait far too long into a tour to film a DVD. With Time Machine, it was more of an unfortunate instance of Ged being sick that night. I was at the show in Hershey about a week before that, and he sounded great. With CA, I saw the Bridgeport (10/10) and Buffalo (10/26) shows, and he sounded great at both (especially Bridgeport...best I've ever heard his voice at a show I attended). The shows they recorded were a full month later, at the end of November, at the end of the first full CA leg.

Even with the earlier DVDs of the 2000s, Rio, R30 and S&A, they wait until the end of the tour to film. While he sounds decent on all three, he'd probably have sounded even better had they recorded earlier shows.

• Like 7

Pale, yes this is exactly true, they do this for a lot of bands by waiting to film them when they are tired and worn out and just wanna go home. Why they wait till the end or last show of the tour is beyond me./ And your right. I seen a lot of videos on you tube where he sings the anarchist a lot better than he does on the dvd. Plus that's a lot of singing night after night till you get to a few months into the tour before they decide to start filming..
  • Like 2

I think one of the main problems is that they wait far too long into a tour to film a DVD. With Time Machine, it was more of an unfortunate instance of Ged being sick that night. I was at the show in Hershey about a week before that, and he sounded great. With CA, I saw the Bridgeport (10/10) and Buffalo (10/26) shows, and he sounded great at both (especially Bridgeport...best I've ever heard his voice at a show I attended). The shows they recorded were a full month later, at the end of November, at the end of the first full CA leg.

Even with the earlier DVDs of the 2000s, Rio, R30 and S&A, they wait until the end of the tour to film. While he sounds decent on all three, he'd probably have sounded even better had they recorded earlier shows.

Couldn't agree more. I've been saying this a while he usually sounds way better earlier on.....so film one of those,

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

You guys complain but I bet you can't do any better..... :sarcastic: ;)

Not complaining... but I can do better. :D

Just kidding. At 61 years old I'm just happy he's still doing it. Plus, his bass playing has actually gotten better. He's a beast.

• Like 3

You guys complain but I bet you can't do any better..... :sarcastic: ;)

Not complaining... but I can do better. :D

Just kidding. At 61 years old I'm just happy he's still doing it. Plus, his bass playing has actually gotten better. He's a beast.

Right on.....when i buy a live release......his bass playing is actually now what i look forward to most.

Mick

• Like 2

What?

Zumbi is some super hot Swedish babe who posts here under the guise of a semi-illiterate spoiled rich prince.

That's a fact.

• Like 2

seriously, who's the dipshit who plans these things?

sure, let's wait til geddy can no longer enunciate before we film a gig...

• Like 1

seriously, who's the dipshit who plans these things?

sure, let's wait til geddy can no longer enunciate before we film a gig...

I couldn't resist posting this when I read that line. It is from a former TRF member:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/dd/b9/8f/ddb98ff66ae15b629417e41c9b86176b.jpg

• Like 3

"Anyone who doesn't hold the oh-so edgy opinion that Rush should retire (ignore my 100000000000000000000000 posts here, while you're at it) is a fanboy!"

Umm…yeah. That's kinda why we're on TRF in the first place.

Not sure I agree that his bass playing has got better over recent years, his style of playing has changed and it's a style i'm not so keen on myself! In the past he would play busy bass lines that were interesting, challenging and intelligent but now playing his new style 'flamenco' one finger back and fourth all the time on root notes is just boring and overkill imo, especially on some of the older stuff which I find unnecessary!

Not sure I agree that his bass playing has got better over recent years, his style of playing has changed and it's a style i'm not so keen on myself! In the past he would play busy bass lines that were interesting, challenging and intelligent but now playing his new style 'flamenco' one finger back and fourth all the time on root notes is just boring and overkill imo, especially on some of the older stuff which I find unnecessary!

He does seem to be a bit obsessed with that technique. I wish we would dial it back a bit too, but I do think he's probably as good as he's ever been at bass
  • Like 2