Steven Wilson's 4th Solo Album

Union 5-3992

Yeah very good!!

I think Wilson has got the mood and atmosphere right for this one.

I'll need more listens to really finish my aural inner picturescape on it though...

Did you go to the gig?

No was it any good??

From what I've heard so far I'm completely bored.

Fuckking drum machine shite and a woman always talking?

Amazing modern prog? Poppy and shallow.

Raven bloes this Zzzzzzz record away!

Guess I'm not s Rush Wilson Worshipper.

Boo. Hiss.

It's a heavy metal extravaganza to my ears Earl!!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

From what I've heard so far I'm completely bored.

Fuckking drum machine shite and a woman always talking?

Amazing modern prog? Poppy and shallow.

Raven bloes this Zzzzzzz record away!

Guess I'm not s Rush Wilson Worshipper.

Boo. Hiss.

It's a heavy metal extravaganza to my ears Earl!!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Especially the second half

• Like 1

Yeah very good!!

I think Wilson has got the mood and atmosphere right for this one.

I'll need more listens to really finish my aural inner picturescape on it though...

Did you go to the gig?

No was it any good??

Looking forward to giving This a spin later tonight. Shame Marco and Guthrie arent going to tour with SW.

Shit

Ok guys. I will give it another chance.

A lot of love on here for an album I didn't get.

Do give it a chance. I am finding that this is one that improves with each listen and it needs to be heard in its entirety to get the full picture.

• Like 1

It is a prog masterpiece. It really kicks into high gear from Home Invasion onward. Absolutely incredible.

I have the 5.1 blue ray as well and that is like another experience entirely. I loved Raven...big time. This one exceeds it in may ways for me. Raven was like a warm up jam for this album.

I am a huge PT fan. And I enjoy PT the most. I thought Insurgentes was decent, Grace For Drowning with moments of brilliance. Raven was awesome.

This is the culmination of those three albums. And now he completely put it all together in every way. This album has so many sonic landscapes. It's just gorgeous, lush and powerful.

• Like 1

I was underwhelmed the first time I heard it but I liked it a lot more the 2nd and 3rd time

Agreed but to be honest overall I still feel somewhat underwhelmed compared to how I feel with the first three solo albums.

I was underwhelmed the first time I heard it but I liked it a lot more the 2nd and 3rd time

Agreed but to be honest overall I still feel somewhat underwhelmed compared to how I feel with the first three solo albums.

Complete opposite for me. Funny how music effects and touches people in different ways.

His first solo record underwhelmed me big time.

Grace For Drowning had some great stuff but was an uneven effort for me.

Raven was awesome. I love it.

This one is for me on another level. And I feel the most consistent effort. A lot of PT roots throughout and that is probably why I am enjoying it the most.

• Like 3

Complete opposite for me. Funny how music effects and touches people in different ways.

His first solo record underwhelmed me big time.

Grace For Drowning had some great stuff but was an uneven effort for me.

Raven was awesome. I love it.

This one is for me on another level. And I feel the most consistent effort. A lot of PT roots throughout and that is probably why I am enjoying it the most.

Don't get me wrong, I love H.C.E. and it's in contention for my Album of The Year. It's just for me personally, the album started off somewhat shaky. First Regret and 3 Years Older is a fantastic start. Then comes the title track where I felt the album sort of dipped downward a bit, but then the album dipped even more for me on Perfect Life which I felt was more of a 5 minute intermission from the title track to Routine. Fortunately, things head upwards on Routine which I still maintain to be my favorite (along with Ancestral) on the album. It's from Routine to the end of the record where I felt that the album's a masterpiece. Thematically, the concept hit me deep because it's pretty close to accurate about how I feel living (well rather going to school) in the city.

• Like 1

I had a dream I suddenly enjoyed "Perfect Life"... Stupid dream.

Next/final PT album should be called Perfect Life and it will be a sequel to Stupid Dream which takes place 20 years after Stupid Dream.

I'm on my third time guys and I broke down and bought the "Book" edition. Killer packaging. Not sure if this album is killer yet.

Shit

Ok guys. I will give it another chance.

A lot of love on here for an album I didn't get.

Do give it a chance. I am finding that this is one that improves with each listen and it needs to be heard in its entirety to get the full picture.

Thanks Pip! I'm on it.

I listened to the first two Blackfield albums today. EPIC MASTERPIECES. Melodic Melancholy Madness!

• Like 1