Steven Wilson's 4th Solo Album

Union 5-3992

I listened to the first two Blackfield albums today. EPIC MASTERPIECES. Melodic Melancholy Madness!

If you liked the first two Blackfield albums, I wonder what you think of the last two Blackfield albums.

I listened to the first two Blackfield albums today. EPIC MASTERPIECES. Melodic Melancholy Madness!

If you liked the first two Blackfield albums, I wonder what you think of the last two Blackfield albums.

Sadly I think that Steven sort of checked out of the last two Blackfield albums. Aviv took them over. They are ok but nothing like the first two. Also they are way too short!

I'm on track ten now of the new Wilson record. It's very Blackfield. Very emotional and melodic. I still think this album is very commercial. Is Steven selling out?

Perhaps he is actually "Selling England By The Pound." LOL

• Like 2

"Welcome To My DNA" is good. I was wrong again.

So this new album is excellent after four times. Still I don't think it's a masterpiece.

"In Absentia" "Deadwing" and "Fear Of A Blank Planet" are masterpieces.

Is "Fear Of A Blank Planet" a homage to Public Enemy's "Fear Of A Black Planet?"

So this new album is excellent after four times. Still I don't think it's a masterpiece.

Is "Fear Of A Blank Planet" a homage to Public Enemy's "Fear Of A Black Planet?"

So is The Incident. And Sky Moves Sideways and Signify.

So is The Incident. And Sky Moves Sideways and Signify.

Not forgetting Lightbulb Sun.

• Like 1

I think this solo output is his best. Maybe that's because I'm a big fan of the early PT material and H.C.E. comes closest in terms of his solo stuff. After 5 spins I must say that it's absolutely brilliant. Love it.
  • Like 1