You heard it here first!! Rush playing CT...........

LocalsBandGuy

There must be someone here that has the inside scoop and knows something about their plans. I really am starting to get nervous. It's almost October and not a word about anything other than releasing expensive box sets.

What are they doing???

If they're smart, they'll delay announcing a tour until after the box set comes out.

That sounds mercenary to me. Whose idea is it for these money-making box sets anyway?

There must be someone here that has the inside scoop and knows something about their plans. I really am starting to get nervous. It's almost October and not a word about anything other than releasing expensive box sets.

What are they doing???

If they're smart, they'll delay announcing a tour until after the box set comes out.

That sounds mercenary to me. Whose idea is it for these money-making box sets anyway?

I remember in an interview Geddy mentioned that they divided up band decision making between the 3 of them. Neil is in charge of merchandise.

Oh no!

THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE!!!

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i338/ericesmith1/nealandpete.jpg

• Like 2

If this is the real setlist, or at least one of them (As you all know, they had different setlist every other day or so) then that means the earliest thing (with vocals) looks like The Spirit of Radio. I wonder if they will alternate the setlist and have older material on it.

Are you this stupid in real life?

In what way could that be the "real setlist"?

this thread is f***ing funny.

but what's funnier than this is the guy up there saying OMG WITCH HUNT!!! as if it wasnt played in 2008, 2010 and 2011...

Is it illegal to have a favorite Rush song that I'd love to hear being played live? Didn't think so.

Edited by fraroc

What are they doing???

I'm sure that's been the plan all along. Just in time for the holidays.with a Sepember 2015 start date.

I was thinking they probably would start a tour in the Spring since they seem to like to do outdoor venues.

I don't know why? They sound so much better in doors!

:codger:

Yeah I know. I wish they'd play more indoor venues. Rush was meant to be heard in an enclosed space where you can hear everything so much better.

Not only that, indoors one really gets the best of the light show, with the reflections off the arena walls and ceiling.

If this is the real setlist, or at least one of them (As you all know, they had different setlist every other day or so) then that means the earliest thing (with vocals) looks like The Spirit of Radio. I wonder if they will alternate the setlist and have older material on it.

Are you this stupid in real life?

In what way could that be the "real setlist"?

this thread is f***ing funny.

but what's funnier than this is the guy up there saying OMG WITCH HUNT!!! as if it wasnt played in 2008, 2010 and 2011...

Is it illegal to have a favorite Rush song that I'd love to hear being played live? Didn't think so.

it should be illegal to get this offended over everything

I don't think we'll hear an announcement until early 2015.

Why? It builds anticipation which helps boost early ticket sales. I'm sure there are lots of ideas they are throwing around too.

This is probably how rehearsals usually play out:

Band rehearses Cut to the Chase

Alex: This is awesome! Let's play it on tour!

Neil: No

Geddy: Next one

Band rehearses The Necromancer

Neil: Hell no

Band rehearses Jacob's Ladder

Neil: F*ck no

and so on....

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 8

I don't think we'll hear an announcement until early 2015.

Why? It builds anticipation which helps boost early ticket sales. I'm sure there are lots of ideas they are throwing around too.

This is probably how rehearsals usually play out:

Band rehearses Cut to the Chase

Neil: No

Band rehearses The Necromancer

Neil: Hell no

Band rehearses Jacob's Ladder

Neil: F*ck no

and so on....

He only likes them if he can figure out a way to fit a drum solo in the middle.

• Like 4

I still don't get Jacob's Ladder. I mean, there's not a ton of singing and it's all low register for Geddy.

They have much more complicated songs they still play musically too, so it can't be that.

Weird huh??

• Like 7

I still don't get Jacob's Ladder. I mean, there's not a ton of singing and it's all low register for Geddy.

They have much more complicated songs they still play musically too, so it can't be that.

Weird huh??

I'm not sure what the problem is. I think geddy and neil just don't enjoy it anymore.

Weird huh??

Couldn't agree with you more. Jacob's Ladder and Losing It are WELL within his range and would be the absolute talk of the tour.

:wtf:

• Like 3

I'm so tempted to keep quiet and let the madness continue, but I just can't do it.

Do people read anymore, or is skimming now considered reading?

Apparently, I've not only got the inside info on the OPENING NIGHT of the tour, but I know the setlist before rehearsals even begin. I'm like Spock I guess.

All I said is they will be playing CT in the spring of 2015. And, I stick by it. Spring runs Mar 21-Jun 21.

The setlist was clearly labeled a prediction, but feel free to send it to Anthem as official, because I personally love it. There's a reason they did so much PoW stuff last tour......he feels confident singing it. Most pre 1981 stuff is just not realistic in any large dose at all. Freewill & Hemispheres will never happen again. Now, I've been lucky enough to see every tour since 1985, minus the CP tour (Prelude!!!!! Ahhhh!!!) so I've had my fill of TS, LL, YYZ, SUB, and all the other live staples. I'm praying for simply different songs, and I think we'll see them.

OK, back to the madness.

• Like 1

LBG - I agree. Very little pre-1981 is my guess as well.

Since I have fun making setlists, I'm going to make another one that is basically improvised because I'm at work.

SET 1

1 - MEDLEY

---2112 - Overture

---2112 - Temples of Syrinx

---Xanadu (portion, mostly music)

---2112 - Grand Finale

---Hemispheres - The Sphere

2 - Stick It Out

3 - Driven

4 - Time Stand Still

5 - new song

6 - Far Cry

7 - Distant Early Warning

8 - Marathon

9 - YYZ

SET 2

1 - Spirit Of Radio

2 - Subdivisions

3 - The Enemy Within

4 - The Weapon

5 - Witch Hunt

6 - Freeze

7 - new song

8 - Headlong Flight

9 - Closer To The Heart

10 - Limelight

ENCORE

1 - Digital Man

2 - Tom Sawyer

3 - La Villa

Edited by dtpoet

LBG - I agree. Very little pre-1981 is my guess as well.

Since I have fun making setlists, I'm going to make another one that is basically improvised because I'm at work.

SET 1

1 - MEDLEY

---2112 - Overture

---2112 - Temples of Syrinx

---Xanadu (portion, mostly music)

---2112 - Grand Finale

---Hemispheres - The Sphere

2 - Stick It Out

3 - Driven

4 - Time Stand Still

5 - new song

6 - Far Cry

7 - Distant Early Warning

8 - Marathon

9 - YYZ

SET 2

1 - Spirit Of Radio

2 - Subdivisions

3 - The Enemy Within

4 - The Weapon

5 - Witch Hunt

6 - Freeze

7 - new song

8 - Headlong Flight

9 - Closer To The Heart

10 - Limelight

ENCORE

1 - Digital Man

2 - Tom Sawyer

3 - La Villa

Interesting opening "medley" and would be an awesome way to start the show but it would be much more exciting if it opened or closed out the second set.

Most of the rest of Set 1 has been done on recent tours and would be disappointing, not something that I would want for a new dvd release

Set 2 is good, but other than the fear series nothing really stands out but again it's realistic

Encore is interesting and solid but nothing remarkable

You only have one song that's never been played live (Freeze - not counting the new song)

And three songs that haven't been played in a long time (The Enemy Within, The Weapon, The Spehre)

Overall, a good believable and manageable setlist although I hope they would dig a little deeper like they did on the CA tour.

Length seems slightly shorter than the CA tour which is what will probably happen and all of the songs are vocally doable for Geddy.

Biggest criticism is the lack of instrumentals and drum solos sprinkled throughout the sets.

Overall Grade: B

Edited by savagegrace26

Like I said, it was a quickie. I do try for realistic and the fear series is something doable with Ged's voice. I also think the sets will be shorter. I actually prefer three sets of 6-7 songs plus and encore but I guess that has the same effect of 2 sets of 10+/- songs with an encore.

There aren't any deeper cuts but there are plenty that while played on past tours, weren't played on CA tour. Marathon is interesting because I originally thought it wasn't played in CA because it was played on previous tour but now I'm wondering if it's because of the vocal register.

Allow me to make some predictions…

SET ONE

Tom Sawyer

Show Don't Tell

Test for Echo

Lock and Key

Caravan

Superconductor

Red Barchetta

Marathon

The Anarchist

YYZ / "The Rhythm Method" (drum solo #1)

SET TWO

Limelight

The Analog Kid

One Little Victory

Driven

Leave That Thing Alone

The Trees

Cygnus X-1 / "Torn Apart!" (drum solo #2)

Resist (acoustic)

Natural Science

Far Cry

2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx

Xanadu

Headlong Flight / "Drumbastica" (drum solo #3)

ENCORE

Subdivisions

The Spirit of Radio

[EDIT: I had Subdivisions twice—replaced one with The Trees]

Edited by Disk98

Is the first show supposed to be in CT? I would think they'd play some dates down south before going to the Northeast. I assume it's at Mohegan Sun?

I'm pretty sure they have opened up tours in CT before, but I don't think there was any mention of this being the tour opener.