You heard it here first!! Rush playing CT...........

LocalsBandGuy

Yes, they are. I stand by it still .And I, for one, am looking forward to a set of songs that works for Geddy's voice. I hope they retire TSOR, LL, Temples, etc. I'm sick of hearing them at EVERY show. Bring on the fresh material, and a DVD with it.

We'll get at least two new songs in the 2015 tour.

The Phish phan in me, the one that knows different songs will be played at every show, just galls at this.

The Rush fan in me is eager and anticipatory. TWO new songs! Wow. And yet, I'd love to hear some Rush tunes that 28 years of tours haven't let me hear.

What's Alex in charge of?

Getting our hopes up.

I think he is also in charge of bringing the weed.

alex seems like the only one who still smokes, yeah

geddy might sometimes, but it's probably when alex is like, "hey, hit this"

neil walks by with book in hand and thinks, "simpletons..."

You really think so? I always wondered how long they kept the drug use up. I know Alex did some ecstasy in the 90s so I guess it wouldn't surprise me if he still smokes pot...I honestly doubt Ged or Neil has touched the stuff since the mid 80s

What does ecstacy have to do with weed? Absolutely nothing from what I can see..

Alex puffs and I'm sure Neil and Ged do on occasion. Especially Neil..

Hard drugs? I'm sure none of them except I wouldn't be surprised if Neil dabbled in coke still but not to excess by any means.. My opinion..

There was a report from an old friend about how Neil in the early 2000s was still doing coke like a champ. That caused a bit of controversy around here as everyone likes to think of the boys as angels and seem to lose their shit when some information leaks out doesn't conform to their views. I was surprised to read the article at first, but it never bothered me in the sense that I thought that Neil was bad or anything. In retrospect, I shouldn't even have been that surprised.

It's like what Trey Anastasio said in response to the observation that many Phish fans were surprised that members of the band used to do so many drugs before shows: "Why would they be surprised? They were the ones who, through their own usage, made us feel as if we should do it as well if only to complement the scene."

Most older Rush fans know every nuance of "Passage to Bangkok" and all its allusions; I doubt that even an adherence from forty years past would completely fade away. I mean, it sure as hell doesn't affect their live performance.