Sept 9, 1982

Distant Signals

This is so creepy...

...I literally just started playing this album the moment I logged onto this website and saw this thread...I'd had a hankering for it for no apparent reason (ok, I wanted some lighter Rush after playing Hemispheres non-stop).

• Like 2

I have to say this is one of my sentimental favorites, as New World Man on the top 40 countdown was my first exposure to rush as an 11 year old.

Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, and New World Man are some of my tops. The solo in The Weapon is just amazing, too. Countdown gives me the chills just from the excitement in the imagery.

• Like 2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Disco_ball4.jpg/250px-Disco_ball4.jpg

I will listen to every version of The Weapon that I have in my Rush collection today. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hey!!!! Hey!!!
  • Like 3

I may have been in Lancaster, Pennsylvania on this day in 1982. I was 28.

Been there many times. Pretty country..... :)

Loved it from the get go. Probably bought it the day it came out. No different from MP or any of the others previous. I was still very much engaged in them and music in general at that time.... :dweez:
  • Like 2

Does anyone here remember their initial reaction to the album? I do. The first song I remember hearing was Subdivisions. Absolutely loved it and ran out and bought Signals.

Seems like only yesterday. :codger: :LOL:

I liked it but it took some time to let it sink in. The Analog Kid was my favorite!! :D

• Like 2

Subdivisions - 9

The Analog Kid - 10

Chemistry - 9

Digital Man - 9

The Weapon - 10

New World Man - 8

Losing It - 9

Countdown - 9

Subdivisions- 8

The Analog Kid- 9

Chemistry- 7

Digital Man- 7

The Weapon- 9

New World Man- 8

Losing It- 10

Countdown- 10

I love thid album, but not as much as other fans out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkvyk-XCkJo

From the comments:

Genesis Squonk

I miss these old radio interview album previews. Just nothing like it anymore. Thanks for posting this and that live Vital Signs is amazing!

It was a real event when you knew your favorite band was going to be interviewed. Real anticipation. Everything is so immediate now. Just not the same.

• Like 2

Does anyone here remember their initial reaction to the album? I do. The first song I remember hearing was Subdivisions. Absolutely loved it and ran out and bought Signals.

Yes I do. I was in my buddies Camaro and 4 of us listened to the CHUM FM premiere. I have to say I was slack jawed after it was over. And not because I thought it was amazing. Did not care for Geddy's vocals and the keyboard dominance. Subdivisions and The Analog Kid ere my faves, but I was pretty disappointed in this new direction. Felt the same way about the tour too. It grew on me eventually but things changed after that album. Now I think it's a great album and happy they didn't try to make Moving Pictures II but that took years to think that way

• Like 4