Who made you feel "at home" on TRF when you first joined?

Lorraine

I don't know. I still don't feel at home here.

Really? Wonder why if you don't mind? If you mind going into it that's cool too. I would add that I still feel "some" anxiety when I post. The fear of being misunderstood still being the culprit mostly..... :huh:

To be honest, I guess because there seems to be such a high percentage of people here who just like bullying and trolling. It's much worse during non-touring time, like now, but I'm using to being on forums where trolling isn't allowed. If someone would start posting the kind of crap that gets by on this forum they would get warned, and then banned. I enjoy the threads and the camaraderie here, but it's not a very comforting place to be sometimes.

yeah, the hostile attitude here can be a real downer. if you want some civil discussion, I'd encourage a trip to 4chan or reddit. they all love rush and they don't bully, tell jokes, or use swear words at all. they just use emoticons and talk about arthritis and gardening.

But do they start intelligent threads? Some here want intelligent threads. Maybe you can help them out.

4chan is pretty much a think tank.

:LMAO: :rfl:

• Like 1

Really? Wonder why if you don't mind? If you mind going into it that's cool too. I would add that I still feel "some" anxiety when I post. The fear of being misunderstood still being the culprit mostly..... :huh:

To be honest, I guess because there seems to be such a high percentage of people here who just like bullying and trolling. It's much worse during non-touring time, like now, but I'm using to being on forums where trolling isn't allowed. If someone would start posting the kind of crap that gets by on this forum they would get warned, and then banned. I enjoy the threads and the camaraderie here, but it's not a very comforting place to be sometimes.

yeah, the hostile attitude here can be a real downer. if you want some civil discussion, I'd encourage a trip to 4chan or reddit. they all love rush and they don't bully, tell jokes, or use swear words at all. they just use emoticons and talk about arthritis and gardening.

But do they start intelligent threads? Some here want intelligent threads. Maybe you can help them out.

You enjoy that exchange?.... :D

I haven't replied because I have been thinking about this... and really can't think of anyone but ILSnwdog. He is also the only one from TRF that I have hung out with, and I've met him and his family a few times. I have talked to workingcinderellaman, but we haven't met..... yet :)

But aside from that, it's the people that make me feel at home every time I visit. There are so many here that do that. There are also people that get me, and I appreciate that... you know who you are :) I don't want to name names because my biggest worry is leaving someone off, but the OP is definitely one... Narp another. I love how Narp is always in high spirits and takes a little ribbing better than anyone I know.

There are also times when 73 and I (usually joined by others) have random conversations pretending TRF is a real place... with furniture and kitty litter and crazy stuff like that.

Those little moments really make this place worth the price I paid to join.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 3

This is the first forum I've joined where the members actually read your post because they're interested and not because they want to tear you a new one. Unlike other forums I've been on the regulars are actually really nice as opposed to high strung and power tripping from their post count.

What made me feel at home and stay? All of you guys. The community is good for a joke, a debate or a game. I recall Rushgoobers radio show made for some amazing conversations in chat. I would have TRF chat and the radio show going on in one screen while trying to get work done in the other. I didn't want to miss a thing.

Also GeddysMullet helped me through a particularly tough time...I miss her.

• Like 4

The two people who really helped me get my illustrious TRF career started were Babycat and laughedatbytime. Babycat was super nice right from the start, and I enjoyed shooting the breeze with LABT in the myriad game threads.

Thanks, C-1...I've enjoyed our banter too! It's been great...

• Like 1

I haven't replied because I have been thinking about this... and really can't think of anyone but ILSnwdog. He is also the only one from TRF that I have hung out with, and I've met him and his family a few times. I have talked to workingcinderellaman, but we haven't met..... yet :)

But aside from that, it's the people that make me feel at home every time I visit. There are so many here that do that. There are also people that get me, and I appreciate that... you know who you are :) I don't want to name names because my biggest worry is leaving someone off, but the OP is definitely one... Narp another. I love how Narp is always in high spirits and takes a little ribbing better than anyone I know.

There are also times when 73 and I (usually joined by others) have random conversations pretending TRF is a real place... with furniture and kitty litter and crazy stuff like that.

Those little moments really make this place worth the price I paid to join.

:blush: I used that line at least once. A bargain indeed. Thanks for the kind words....

The two people who really helped me get my illustrious TRF career started were Babycat and laughedatbytime. Babycat was super nice right from the start, and I enjoyed shooting the breeze with LABT in the myriad game threads.

Alright, alright. Geez. LABT has been awesome to me since I have been here too. He seems to "get me" and my brand of humor. LIX makes me feel good and puts a smile on my face every time he is around and I very much appreciate his concern during the "bad times". They seem to be getting close to ending however. I have a feeling real good times are just ahead.... :cheers: Truth is without this place I would have lost my marbles. No joke... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 2

At least on Reddit you can get some up votes!

http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzA4LzE5LzY3L1JlZGRpdFhCb3gyLmRiNmRhLmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/9118500a/d81/RedditXBox2.jpg

Or try Off Topic. They hate you automatically for the first year you are there.

You enjoy that exchange?.... :D

I was laughing at the 4chan comment. Some of the people there make Spaghetti Lee seem cultured.

• Like 1

as for folks who made me "feel at home" - I'd have a beer with narp, snowdog, xanadood...that might be it. :)

Good to see you around. Young man like you must be busy as hell with all kinds of stuff. I got nothing better to do than post like there is no tomorrow.... :cheers:

:D actually I'm not busy at all! college is 10 hours a week, mostly a breeze, and I'm still jobless! so we're in the same boat

If that's the same in Denmark I might go back to school. I would get paid to do so :D

Alright, alright. Geez. LABT has been awesome to me since I have been here too. He seems to "get me" and my brand of humor. LIX makes me feel good and puts a smile on my face every time he is around and I very much appreciate his concern during the "bad times". They seem to be getting close to ending however. I have a feeling real good times are just ahead.... :cheers: Truth is without this place I would have lost my marbles. No joke...

Thanks, Narp...you deserve every bit of good fortune and good times you get. Even if you do care for Presto. ;)

• Like 2

no one :(

Oh come on now,

I will be the first. Better late than never. :haz: :7up: :D :rush:

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/love.gif

No homo.

Oh come on now,

:laughing guy:

I'm getting my money's worth on that emoticon tonight!

• Like 1

Oh come on now,

Are you working the late shift? :LOL:

Oh come on now,

Are you working the late shift? :LOL:

How else would I be this loopy?

Hmmm. The first people who made me feel comfortable were (in no particular order):

Babycat, Your_Lion, Narpski, EagleMoon, GeddysMullet and gangsterfurious. Others were nice enough and polite and cool, but these people always just seemed to accept me quicker.

Sorry you don't feel at home, Eagle. Anything I can do?

I appreciate the thought. You're one of the normal ones around here. The rest of these people are looney. :LOL:

I've never been excluded from the "looney" group before. :ebert:

• Like 2

Truth is without this place I would have lost my marbles. No joke...

Me too. I keep saying I'm leaving, but I always come back. Why? This place makes me smile and laugh. A sorry commentary on my life, I know, but that is the way it is.

So....cheers to everyone here :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: and a big "thank you" :mwah: :mwah: :mwah: from me to all of you! The good here heavily outweighs the occasional bad. I really do wish though that Rush genuinely knew the quality of the people who call themselves their fans. :)

• Like 7