How much longer can Ged hold on?

My friend's mom went to go see Black Sabbath back in the 70's and they had this relatively unknown band open for them. The crowd loved them so much they started crying for them to come back after Black Sabbath took the stage.

It was a band called Kansas.

I saw Van Halen open for Black Sabbath. I think it was '78. Van Halen blew them off the stage.

My father saw that tour, and said the same exact thing!

I saw both bands back then. But at different times. Saw Sabbath about six times back in the day.

• Like 2

There are plenty of bands I would like to see open up for RUSH mainly:

Triumph & Zebra both three piece bands and semi-progressive. Other than that maybe Fates Warning or Saga but honestly, I'd prefer an Evening with RUSH every time. They just have way to many songs and if Geddy isn't comfortable singing some stuff, they could always supplement their setlists with instrumentals or Instrumedleys of older stuff. The R30 Instrumedley was great. This could be great as well:

Just curious, but why would you want any band to open for Rush, rather than seeing both bands on their own?

I would love to but when was the last time you saw Triumph or Zebra.....On their own?

Triumph would be great. They have some magic power

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Embrujo/ All The Kings Horses

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Then :rush: for 2-1/2 hours!

All I'd wanna hear from Triumph:

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

They have a sh** load of tunes that are just as good as those.

Hold On is a glorious tune. As is Just A Game.

What about "Rocky Mountain Way?"...... :|

It's ok,

But a cover. There are plenty of original tunes that are much better.

Triumph & Zebra both three piece bands and semi-progressive. Other than that maybe Fates Warning or Saga but honestly, I'd prefer an Evening with RUSH every time. They just have way to many songs and if Geddy isn't comfortable singing some stuff, they could always supplement their setlists with instrumentals or Instrumedleys of older stuff. The R30 Instrumedley was great. This could be great as well:

Just curious, but why would you want any band to open for Rush, rather than seeing both bands on their own?

I would love to but when was the last time you saw Triumph or Zebra.....On their own?

Triumph would be great. They have some magic power

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Embrujo/ All The Kings Horses

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Then :rush: for 2-1/2 hours!

All I'd wanna hear from Triumph:

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

They have a sh** load of tunes that are just as good as those.

Hold On is a glorious tune. As is Just A Game.

What about "Rocky Mountain Way?"...... :|

It's ok,

But a cover. There are plenty of original tunes that are much better.

I know. I have their albums and that was on Rock And Roll Machine so I heard it over and over.......
  • Like 1

I am really thinking one more...I think/hope they call it quits before the show suffers. I also have a gut feeling that Neil will want to spend more time with his family and his little girl, I have a daughter that age and I know it would be very hard to be away for long periods of time.

I am really thinking one more...I think/hope they call it quits before the show suffers. I also have a gut feeling that Neil will want to spend more time with his family and his little girl, I have a daughter that age and I know it would be very hard to be away for long periods of time.

No way,

They are not done yet. And Neil has plenty of time to spend with his little girl.

Keep going on till dawn

How many times must another line be drawn

We could be down and gone

But we hold on

Neil should go back to pedaling instead of throttling. He was in such good shape back then. Routinely did 100 mile bicycle rides. That's about 8 hours or more on the bicycle for those of you keeping score:)

Troutman, Alex would not be happy to see that you don't support his band...

It's not that at all,

I just don't think at this point of there career they need an opeing act. If they ever did, it would have to some one like UFO or a band that they toured with back in the 70's. Otherwise, I would wait outside until the opening act was over.

Triumph Yikes! A second rate band

Triumph made some great music. They evolved in so many ways. Thought provoking lyrics. Keyboard integration was done so well. This band deserves more props than what it gets.

Now I'm on a major Triumph kick. That's a good thing. I miss them

• Like 2

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Neil should go back to pedaling instead of throttling. He was in such good shape back then. Routinely did 100 mile bicycle rides. That's about 8 hours or more on the bicycle for those of you keeping score:)

Sorry to be blasphemous yet again, but he was a cocaine user at the time. So was Jane Fonda when she did her workout videos.

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Sorry to be blasphemous yet again, but he was a cocaine user at the time. So was Jane Fonda when she did her workout videos.

:wacko:

• Like 1

Love what I started when slagging Triumph. :)

Soon as I have a few seconds will write, how they came about, about Rick and how they treated other bands

;)

Really who cares? They made great music. Nothing changes that. The past is the past-you can't change it.

• Like 2

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

I did a century ride and finished in about six hours and ten minutes.

But that was quite awhile ago, yes (I was fifteen). I would certainly have to train for awhile to be able to ride 100 miles at all, now.

• Like 1

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

You're right he was. I understand he had quite the habit. Nasty stuff. Do too much and it can make you feel really sick.

Edited by Lorraine

Love what I started when slagging Triumph. :)

Soon as I have a few seconds will write, how they came about, about Rick and how they treated other bands

;)

Really who cares? They made great music. Nothing changes that. The past is the past-you can't change it.

Exactly,

BTW, his name is Rik. Not Rick.

• Like 2

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

You're right he was. I understand he had quite the habit. Nasty stuff. Do too much and it can make you feel really sick.

Are you guys serious? Doesn't seem at all like Neil to get hooked on that nasty stuff, and I really doubt he was using cocaine to supplement his bicycle riding. After all he wasn't racing or anything. They were more like adventure/endurance rides. Also where did you hear about this habit? I've read a few of his books and he hasn't mentioned anything about it. He is pretty forthcoming in most of his books.

Edited by presto123
  • Like 1

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

But that was quite awhile ago, yes (I was fifteen). I would certainly have to train for awhile to be able to ride 100 miles at all, now.

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

I was just guess-timating a nice medium pace. Did you do it with other riders? I just started biking a month or so ago and I've already did a couple 50 milers. I am a long time distance runner though, so I'm sure that helped with the transition. I still think running gives you more bang for the buck over cycling. That is unless you are cycling in the mountains or something:)

• Like 1

I was just guess-timating a nice medium pace. Did you do it with other riders? I just started biking a month or so ago and I've already did a couple 50 milers. I am a long time distance runner though, so I'm sure that helped with the transition. I still think running gives you more bang for the buck over cycling. That is unless you are cycling in the mountains or something:)

Right on...I haven't actually been cycling intensively for a number of years now. But I also started distance running before I started cycling. This was all with my dad, when I was really young. I started running 5K's and 10K's when I was nine, ten years old (I don't know if that's the kind of distance running you're talking about, or if you might be a marathoner ;) )...the century that my dad and I did was in northwestern Ohio, in Hancock County. It was, admittedly, a pretty flat route, and so not very difficult in terms of the terrain. My dad was 43 at the time, and I was a teenager (I'm 41 now). I remember that my dad was wearing down some in the last 15-20 miles of the race, and I wanted to go on ahead, so he told me to go ahead and do it. I averaged something like 22MPH in the last 40-45 minutes.

Yeah, there's no way I could do that today. Not without a lot of training, at least (and even then, it's questionable). That summer leading up to the race, my dad and I logged about 3000 miles together.

Best of luck to you in all of your fitness endeavors!

• Like 1

Should be "Sir" Rik. Dude is off the hook. He could shred all day if he wanted, but he's a talented songwriter with great feel.

I'm trying to go through the catalog and find songs that are awful. Getting hard to find any. I find the optimism of their lyrics appeals to me.

• Like 2

Should be "Sir" Rik. Dude is off the hook. He could shred all day if he wanted, but he's a talented songwriter with great feel.

I'm trying to go through the catalog and find songs that are awful. Getting hard to find any. I find the optimism of their lyrics appeals to me.

I could listen to Rik play guitar all day long. If he's gonna sing he should keep it down a couple notches...

I did find a nice little acoustic album "Then Again" where he plays and sings acoustic versions of Triumph stuff. Does a fine job.

• Like 2

I could listen to Rik play guitar all day long. If he's gonna sing he should keep it down a couple notches...

I did find a nice little acoustic album "Then Again" where he plays and sings acoustic versions of Triumph stuff. Does a fine job.

Do you guy's have any of his solo stuff?

It's amazing!! :haz: :7up:

• Like 2

Right on...I haven't actually been cycling intensively for a number of years now. But I also started distance running before I started cycling. This was all with my dad, when I was really young. I started running 5K's and 10K's when I was nine, ten years old (I don't know if that's the kind of distance running you're talking about, or if you might be a marathoner ;) )...the century that my dad and I did was in northwestern Ohio, in Hancock County. It was, admittedly, a pretty flat route, and so not very difficult in terms of the terrain. My dad was 43 at the time, and I was a teenager (I'm 41 now). I remember that my dad was wearing down some in the last 15-20 miles of the race, and I wanted to go on ahead, so he told me to go ahead and do it. I averaged something like 22MPH in the last 40-45 minutes.

Yeah, there's no way I could do that today. Not without a lot of training, at least (and even then, it's questionable). That summer leading up to the race, my dad and I logged about 3000 miles together.

Hey...Neil's first century ride was from outside of Cleveland south to Mount Eaton and back if I remember right. It was on July 4, 1984. First time I saw Rush in concert was July 3, 1984 in Indianapolis. So right after I saw Rush, Neil got a few hours of bouncy sleep on the tour bus before setting out for his first century the next morning. Kinda cool! Do you know of Mount Eaton?

• Like 1

Absolutely LOVE the Thunder Seven album by Triumph. I wore out one cassette back in the day and had to buy a second one:)

Edited by presto123
  • Like 1

Absolutely LOVE the Thunder Seven album by Triumph. I wore out one cassette back in the day and had to buy a second one:)

:haz: