Our Relationships with other forums.

Pars123

Just went to CP and checked out some threads. I'm all for irreverent humor and general frivolity. Hard to feel good about being there. Some liken TRF to be full if whiners who can't handle the vibe of CP.

TRF has the right balance. So glad we have this site

• Like 2

I'm glad this site exists too. Threads like "Your favorite Geddy haircut" "What Rush song makes you happy today"etc would never survive on CP.

Yes. These are important issues and I'm glad they're being taken up here. The fact that CP tolerates (even celebrates) the BritTrolls is enough to cause anyone to head for the hills.

I'm glad this site exists too. Threads like "Your favorite Geddy haircut" "What Rush song makes you happy today"etc would never survive on CP.

I know what you mean. Not a good site for those kind of threads, but perfect for "I was screwing the pooch to 2112 last night".

Yeah. They can keep those threads.

I know what you mean. Not a good site for those kind of threads, but perfect for "I was screwing the pooch to 2112 last night".

Don't knock it till you try it....

Don't knock it till you try it....

if I'm curious I'll go to CP to read all about it

Everybody (you know who you are) just needs to chill out with the whole "my MB is better than your MB" vibe.

Maybe tact and subtlety are appreciated more here whereas blunt and in-your-face is more appreciated at places like CP or TNMS. Big whoopdeedoo. To each their own; to thine own self be true and all that rot. But lobbing textual grenades at places like CP is just begging for responses in kind or worse. Don't be foolish.

Everybody (you know who you are) just needs to chill out with the whole "my MB is better than your MB" vibe.

Maybe tact and subtlety are appreciated more here whereas blunt and in-your-face is more appreciated at places like CP or TNMS. Big whoopdeedoo. To each their own; to thine own self be true and all that rot. But lobbing textual grenades at places like CP is just begging for responses in kind or worse. Don't be foolish.

They started it. I'm telling mommy

• Like 1

I'm quite content to be blissfully unaware of pretty much everything that's been discussed (if we can call it that) in this thread.

It's very simple, as I see it- if you like where you are, then great- enjoy. And if you don't, then make a change of some kind. Life is too bloody short.

• Like 3

It's good to see that CP survived last year's crash - a brutal one. I was just browsing around over there (it looked the same on the mobile skin as TRF). I thought it was interesting to read other perspectives.

TRF is my only active forum - no Facebook, no Twitter. I'm debating joining a gaming forum so I can talk about the game that I play in excruciating detail, but I haven't made that commitment yet.

• Like 2

It's Me only because you, JARG, Always The Winner, Rebel & A Runner, etc. like to try and 'get my goat'. (what they want my 'goat' for is up for speculation)...When they are not acting like Kindergarteners, I actually enjoy their posts, but they seem recently to just be in the mood to ^%*# with me.....go figure....no one in my 'real' life reacts like this...so it's not me, must be them. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Smilies/blink.gif

Notice we don't mock anyone else the way we do you, as well, though.

You act like a hyperactive twelve-year-old who just read The Cave for the first time, and we'll treat you like an overactive twelve=year-old who needs to chill out.

Also, apparently TRF is where we CPeeps go to air our dirty laundry. Go figure.

We really are the Jerry Springer show!

Never heard of 'The Cave'. And just because I was raised with a sense of 'Right and Wrong', that makes you think of a hyper-active 12 yr. old? Wow. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Smilies/blink.gif

And I don't appreciate being lumped in with that ATW prick.

Tough tookens!

This is an interesting thread (and our companion thread over at CP)

It's an interesting world. As I said over there, the people on these boards aren't meat anymore. When the trinetters did this, it was straight out of "To Serve Man" a Twilight Zone episode (check it out, it's a classic!). Those of us that are left are doing this because we enjoy it. We like the semi anonymity of a message board, and frankly these days we use it to haggle over religion and politics, forbidden subjects in social media unless you want to lose your job and ruin your career. I appreciate you guys. You may have the longest sigs in the world, but you're all pretty cool.

Me too.....

My philosophy is Live and Let Live. Go for what makes you happy (unless that includes hurting someone, verbally or physically).

They started it. I'm telling mommy

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Laughing/laugh3-smiley.gif ME TOO!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Insults/popcornanim1theater-1.gif<----That used to be my fave response to all things 'DRAMA' also....I need to pick that up again!