Hemispheres VS Clockwork Angels

YYZumbi

51 members have voted

1. 1. Hemispheres VS Clockwork Angels

I have been a tad harsh about CA lately, but the fact it it helped to form my love for this band, and truth be told it is quite wonderful! Perhaps I need to play it again, as for the first year of its release at least I found it quite magical...

Hemispheres is of course a brilliant album. Again I have been hard on it but I really don't think I play it enough. Especially considering for the longest time it was a top five album!

But yeah, CA for me, at least for now.

• Like 1

I don't know which to vote for. Hemispheres is a classic. Yes. But I feel CA has more diversity and more to offer.

Hemispheres has the advantage of being more concise but the title track is a little overblown. I find CA to be a more interesting listening experience overall. Hmmm. It's hard for me to say CA is "better" though. I'll sit this one out.

if i look at this as I could only have one of these albums for the rest of my life then the answer is clear. I don't listen to Hemispheres all the much so I wouldn't really miss it. I love The Trees but I can do without it. La Villa is my second favorite Rush track but I'll live without. CA is one that I would put on and listen to all the way through. So it is CA. Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

Clockwork Angels :outtahere:

RAA wouldn't have picked that...... :(

Hemispheres may overtake CA in the not too distant future. It's been growing on me rapidly and it's currently my second or third favourite. :)

• Like 2

Hemispheres may overtake CA in the not too distant future. It's been growing on me rapidly and it's currently my second or third favourite. :)

And (you told me to tell you when this happened), Caress of Steel has broken into my top 10. :o

• Like 2

And (you told me to tell you when this happened), Caress of Steel has broken into my top 10. :o

The more you listen to the 70's stuff the more you will appreciate the difference and creativity that was involved as compared to some of the other more "fluffy" stuff...... :madra: well done..... :)
  • Like 3

The more you listen to the 70's stuff the more you will appreciate the difference and creativity that was involved as compared to some of the other more "fluffy" stuff...... :madra: well done..... :)

That's very true.

• Like 1

Not always...for the longest time I thought the seventies were their peak... ut nah...the eighties rule!

Not always...for the longest time I thought the seventies were their peak... ut nah...the eighties rule!

I could see why someone would enjoy the 80's more. The two eras are just different in sound and style. Personal taste would dictate which one would have more fondness for...... :)
  • Like 1

I could see why someone would enjoy the 80's more. The two eras are just different in sound and style. Personal taste would dictate which one would have more fondness for...... :)

Maybe you just had to be around back then to appreciate the sound.

The sixties and seventies were what I would say "heavy" music. Most of it. Once the eighties came in, it started to lighten up. But I love that heavy music and always will.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

This poll must be a joke, right? Clockwork Angels isn't even remotely close to being a competition for Hemispheres.

CA is easily in the bottom 5 of worst Rush albums; only RTB, CP and T4E are worse and that's not exactly saying much. Sure, it has a few good songs, but they don't really save it.

• Like 4