2014-15 NHL Season thread

Crawford has to go down there. :sigh: Lightning 1 Hawks 0

T :dweez: E :dweez: R :dweez: A :dweez: V :dweez: A :dweez: I :dweez: N :dweez: E :dweez: N :cosmo: Hawks 1 Lightning 1

V :chickendance: E :chickendance: R :chickendance: M :chickendance: E :chickendance: T :chickendance: T :chickendance: E :cosmo: :cosmo: Hawks 2 Lightning 1

FINAL!!!!!!!!! :sundog:
  • Like 2

Really good win, they got little, if anything, from the top 2 lines and pulled it off.

That may be what separates the Hawks from the Lightning.
  • Like 1

Really good win, they got little, if anything, from the top 2 lines and pulled it off.

I think it does ... Tampa has massive skill at the top of their roster, but there is a big drop-off after that .. the Hawks (among other western conference teams) go a lot deeper. Vermette, Sharp, and Teuvo is a pretty effective 3rd line ..and the 4th line can at least occasionally score ... or at least put on some pressure

• Like 2

I think it does ... Tampa has massive skill at the top of their roster, but there is a big drop-off after that .. the Hawks (among other western conference teams) go a lot deeper. Vermette, Sharp, and Teuvo is a pretty effective 3rd line ..and the 4th line can at least occasionally score ... or at least put on some pressure

Here are the guys who have scored goals for the Hawks that do not play on the top two lines: Keith (2), Sharp (4), Richards (2), Seabrook (6), Shaw (4), Teravainen (3), Vermette (3), Hjalmarsson (1), Desjardins (1), Kruger (2)

Here are the guys from TB who have scored goals that are not on the top two lines: Heldman, Stralman, Nesterov, Callahan, Garrison, Coburn, Boyle, Sustr, Brown, Paquette each have one.

It's easy to pick your poison with TB. You contain the top two lines, you win. Last night, TB contained the Hawks top two lines, and it was the third line that bit them. :haz:

That is why the Hawks are so dangerous. You want to grind it out and play defense? OK, take a steady diet of Keith, Seabrook, and HJalmarsson, and defensive forwards like Toews and Hossa. Want to open it up, no problem. Saad, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, and Keith are going to put on an exhibition. Wanna shut down the top six forwards? Our third line has scored 10 goals in these playoffs, our forth line has chipped in 7, and our defensemen have contributed 9 goals. Oh, and our goalie is pretty damn good too. :D

• Like 3

Pretty dead on .. though Richards usually plays on the second line ... but still they Hawks have depth up and down the lineup.

Looks like TVR might be replacing Rundlad in game 2. Guessing he will not get a ton of minutes .. at first, but he can help them out more so than Rundblad or Timonen .. especially against this team

Here are the guys who have scored goals for the Hawks that do not play on the top two lines: Keith (2), Sharp (4), Richards (2), Seabrook (6), Shaw (4), Teravainen (3), Vermette (3), Hjalmarsson (1), Desjardins (1), Kruger (2)

Here are the guys from TB who have scored goals that are not on the top two lines: Heldman, Stralman, Nesterov, Callahan, Garrison, Coburn, Boyle, Sustr, Brown, Paquette each have one.

It's easy to pick your poison with TB. You contain the top two lines, you win. Last night, TB contained the Hawks top two lines, and it was the third line that bit them. :haz:

That is why the Hawks are so dangerous. You want to grind it out and play defense? OK, take a steady diet of Keith, Seabrook, and HJalmarsson, and defensive forwards like Toews and Hossa. Want to open it up, no problem. Saad, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, and Keith are going to put on an exhibition. Wanna shut down the top six forwards? Our third line has scored 10 goals in these playoffs, our forth line has chipped in 7, and our defensemen have contributed 9 goals. Oh, and our goalie is pretty damn good too. :D

Excellent post!
  • Like 2

11391516_10205737496170559_7299179538200594181_n.jpg?oh=005294b3a5a6743a4e61dd71a27dfb74&oe=55EDDCDE

:goodone: :LOLsign:

But I wouldn't count Tampa out just yet, they could surprise us. Just ask the Rangers about that :banghead:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

11391516_10205737496170559_7299179538200594181_n.jpg?oh=005294b3a5a6743a4e61dd71a27dfb74&oe=55EDDCDE

:goodone: :LOLsign:

But I wouldn't count Tampa out just yet, they could surprise us. Just ask the Rangers about that :banghead:

I don't see how the lightning are going to be able to beat the Hawks 4 times in 6 games.
  • Like 2

It was disappointing to watch the Hawks in the first two periods on Wednesday. I know the boys always figure out these teams as the series goes on but there's a difference between a feeling out process and total ineptness. Forwards could not make an accurate pass, the D was shaky, as usual. Thank God the Lightning decided to sit back in the third, trying to win the game 1-0. That gave our D-men more space to operate, which spearheaded the scoring of the two goals. We've got to come out stronger on Saturday.
  • Like 1

It was disappointing to watch the Hawks in the first two periods on Wednesday. I know the boys always figure out these teams as the series goes on but there's a difference between a feeling out process and total ineptness. Forwards could not make an accurate pass, the D was shaky, as usual. Thank God the Lightning decided to sit back in the third, trying to win the game 1-0. That gave our D-men more space to operate, which spearheaded the scoring of the two goals. We've got to come out stronger on Saturday.

Yeah...Tampa really blew it, to be honest. I think they'll play the full 60 minutes this game and probably take game 2. Does the series go 2-3-2 home-away?

Yeah...Tampa really blew it, to be honest. I think they'll play the full 60 minutes this game and probably take game 2. Does the series go 2-3-2 home-away?

2-2-1-1-1

Tampa is a good team, but the Hawks are just better. They play in a better conference and have more depth. Plus, they generally get better as a series goes along

They won a game where they were outplayed and got nothing from their main players. I expect we will see Kane and Toews split up in game 2 and at least one of them will get going

Add to that, after a really crap start to the playoffs, Crawford is playing rock solid right now. He is probably the hero of game 1 for keeping them in it.