Superconductor video

YYZumbi

I love Superconductor, its a great song! Live anyway.

Ick! It was painful enough live on the Presto tour.. but on RTB when they abbreviated Xanadu and then broke into Stupidconductor it really solidified my hatred of the song.

I mean... c'mon... shorten XANADU to fit in that steaming pile of cow dung of a song?????

• Like 2

Ick! It was painful enough live on the Presto tour.. but on RTB when they abbreviated Xanadu and then broke into Stupidconductor it really solidified my hatred of the song.

I mean... c'mon... shorten XANADU to fit in that steaming pile of cow dung of a song?????

I have heard that on a bootleg, and I hope they do it again on next tour!

I used to have a bootleg with that version. If Rush wanted to warm the fans up to Superconductor, that was the wrong way of doing it! And I also realized that buying bootlegs is illegal, so I got rid of my copy. :drool:

I used to have a bootleg with that version. If Rush wanted to warm the fans up to Superconductor, that was the wrong way of doing it! And I also realized that buying bootlegs is illegal, so I got rid of my copy. :drool:

You got rid of your bootlegs just because you realized that it was illegal? Stupidest thing I have ever heard....

Look at this video, and you notice that Geddy and Alex are standing on wrong sides!

Is it only me that find it annoying?

http://www.muzu.tv/rush/superconductor-video-musikvideo/1293215/

Pay special attention to Alex throughout the whole thing. Watch his every move.

:o What!!?!!!???

I started a thread about this video a long while back. I hate it, too. Someone explained to me at the time that it was done either by someone from Devo or the guy that directed Devo's videos (I can't remember). That made sense, although I still hate it.

I don't mind the song so much, though. One of the heavier songs on Presto.

I started a thread about this video a long while back. I hate it, too. Someone explained to me at the time that it was done either by someone from Devo or the guy that directed Devo's videos (I can't remember). That made sense, although I still hate it.

I don't mind the song so much, though. One of the heavier songs on Presto.

Well, whip it and them, I say.

Geddy's bad biker look and Alex's flock of seagull hairdo...ugh. Looks like Neil was there because he had to show up. The only Rush song in their entire catalogue I really can't stand with their worse video to accompany it. Cringing remembering when they played this live with Xanadu as the lead in. I have a lot of great rush memories but this one is by far the worse.

For some reason I can't see the video.... :fuckinputer:

Try it on Youtube instead

Or you can save yourself 5 minutes by not doing :)

Try it on Youtube instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYP5XP0Rlk

Or you can save yourself 5 minutes by not doing :)

You're a good man for doing that but I already did. I wasted only a minute however. That's as long as I could take... :codger: Edited by Narpski

Look at this video, and you notice that Geddy and Alex are standing on wrong sides!

Is it only me that find it annoying?

http://www.muzu.tv/r...kvideo/1293215/

If I'm not looking too deep into it - and I don't think I am, it's all in accordance with the theme of the song.

so no, it's never annoyed me. for the two or three times i watched it, I found it pretty clever really :)

Edited by Mr. IsNot

You were the lucky one.

The Flock Of Seagulls, ponytail, Daniel Boone hat era's are not my thing..... :)

You were the lucky one.

The Flock Of Seagulls, ponytail, Daniel Boone hat era's are not my thing..... :)

Superconductor is not my thing. It is amazing to me how glorious they can sound and how... not glorious... they can sound on the same album. Well, they can't all be gems.

You were the lucky one.

Superconductor is not my thing. It is amazing to me how glorious they can sound and how... not glorious... they can sound on the same album. Well, they can't all be gems.

This is Geddy's Yoko period, isn't it?

Geddy had more style changes, it seems. Lifeson had the Stevie Nicks thing happening, then was sort of New Wave dude until he became Golf Dad.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Wow. I never even knew that a video to that song existed. After watching about 90 seconds, I wish I STILL didn't know. Pretty cheesy. I always thought the song was o.k. I'm in the "I really love the album Presto" group.

Clem