They were The Eighties!

lerxt1990

The 80's gave us Doom Metal.

That's enough for me to make it my favorite musical decade.

• Like 2

good luck gettin this crowd into witchfinder general, candlemass, saint vitus, cathedral, solitude aeturnus, etc

good luck gettin this crowd into witchfinder general, candlemass, saint vitus, cathedral, solitude aeturnus, etc

Who?..... :LOL:

Oops forgot.... :codger:

Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3

And in about twenty-five years, some young kid is going to be saying that about you and your generation. :cool:

Just think, Bathory, in 25 years you will be 43. And I'll be dead.

And Alex, Geddy and Neil will be in their eighties.

And everyone on TRF will be talking about the good old days of 2014 when Rush was still touring. :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

And sub categorizing metal to death and posing in a specific scene did a lot to ruin metal for me....

Hey! I dig Candlemass. I don't know anything about the others, though.

Think I'll throw on Nightfall now...

• Like 1

Is Nightfall a good band too?.... :sarcastic:

And in about twenty-five years, some young kid is going to be saying that about you and your generation. :cool:

all those bands I mentioned are old haha! saint vitus started in the 70s

hell, if you dig candlemass, the others should please you! check out pentagram while you're at it (who started in 1971, by the way)

I take it you guys aren't big hemingway fans huh?

You lost me

purposely bad joke, but I'll explain - hemingway wrote clear, concise prose. he was a "less is more" type of writer. pack a lot in as little text as possible.

I was also baked so who knows exactly what I meant though. I had a point in my head at the time though. oh well

• Like 1

And sub categorizing metal to death and posing in a specific scene did a lot to ruin metal for me....

doom, black, death, thrash, they all are legit and serve a purpose. now when you start sayin shit like, depressive avant garde blackened jazz thrash or some shit, that's just silly.

you mentioned celtic frost, venom, mercyful fate...you might dig some old school doom metal! can't imagine a sabbath fan not liking some pentagram

There's legitimately good Death Metal and there's people who put zero thought into it and get away with it because Satan and all.

Unfortunately, very few people are familiar with the former and much more familiar with the latter.

Your average garage level death metal band has NOTHING on the likes of Atheist or Morbid Angel.

Same with other subgenres. It just seems like most people know about the shit and aren't familiar with the stuff that makes them worthwhile.

And while we're on the subject of Celtic Frost, they're the golden standard for weird and experimental metal without actually losing their "punch". They still sound like a metal band even when they're doing some of the most crazy ass things imaginable. And that's why I love 'em.

• Like 1

I`ve always had a hatred for the 80`s

The Music was bobbins , the clothes were crap and the Films were just a bit better than the Wine Bars .

Rush pushed me to the limits with some of the songs (Roll The Bones was one )

Led Zeppelin was no more

Lennon was murdered , Phil Lynott died

Yes went down hill , The Who made poor albums , Floyd split , Macca sang about Frogs , It was more about the Video than the music , Classic Rock was snubbed by Radios .

Rock bands wore make up and silk scarfes and played shite no feeling muzak ( I hated the Bon Jokie brigade )

The Working class was looked down on , put out of work and treated like dirt by the goverment ( Thatcher )

No , not a 80`s fan .

• Like 1

I`ve always had a hatred for the 80`s

The Music was bobbins , the clothes were crap and the Films were just a bit better than the Wine Bars .

Rush pushed me to the limits with some of the songs (Roll The Bones was one )

Led Zeppelin was no more

Lennon was murdered , Phil Lynott died

Yes went down hill , The Who made poor albums , Floyd split , Macca sang about Frogs , It was more about the Video than the music , Classic Rock was snubbed by Radios .

Rock bands wore make up and silk scarfes and played shite no feeling muzak ( I hated the Bon Jokie brigade )

The Working class was looked down on , put out of work and treated like dirt by the goverment ( Thatcher )

No , not a 80`s fan .

At least the eighties didn't have The Spice Girls.

• Like 3

There's legitimately good Death Metal and there's people who put zero thought into it and get away with it because Satan and all.

Unfortunately, very few people are familiar with the former and much more familiar with the latter.

Your average garage level death metal band has NOTHING on the likes of Atheist or Morbid Angel.

Same with other subgenres. It just seems like most people know about the shit and aren't familiar with the stuff that makes them worthwhile.

And while we're on the subject of Celtic Frost, they're the golden standard for weird and experimental metal without actually losing their "punch". They still sound like a metal band even when they're doing some of the most crazy ass things imaginable. And that's why I love 'em.

Celtic Frost ... :yes: You liking his new project?..http://www.triptykon.net/

Attention members of the rush forum: in my opinion the decade known as "the 80s" sucked compared to other decades. That is all.

Oh I dont know, some of it was good. And better than the 90s in many ways. :)

Boy you got THAT right.

I loved the 90s. If I could return to any time I've been alive I would drop in around '92

Same here.

The 80s were fun and goofy. But whenever I see tv shows or movies from that era, I mostly cringe. The 90s brought it all back to reality.

Attention members of the rush forum: in my opinion the decade known as "the 80s" sucked compared to other decades. That is all.

Oh I dont know, some of it was good. And better than the 90s in many ways. :)

Boy you got THAT right.

I loved the 90s. If I could return to any time I've been alive I would drop in around '92

Same here.

The 80s were fun and goofy. But whenever I see tv shows or movies from that era, I mostly cringe. The 90s brought it all back to reality.

I LOVE THIS SONG!!

I take it you guys aren't big hemingway fans huh?

You lost me

purposely bad joke, but I'll explain - hemingway wrote clear, concise prose. he was a "less is more" type of writer. pack a lot in as little text as possible.

I was also baked so who knows exactly what I meant though. I had a point in my head at the time though. oh well

I'm a huge hemingway nut and my less is more reply truly did lose you.

• Like 1

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/books/guitar-for-the-practicing-musician-07.1984/guitar-for-the-practicing-musician-07.1984-cover.jpg

"Im Alex damnit!"

Dave Wakeling????

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/books/guitar-for-the-practicing-musician-07.1984/guitar-for-the-practicing-musician-07.1984-cover.jpg

"Im Alex damnit!"

Dave Wakeling????

ACCEPT! (Balls to the WALL!)