"Don't worry be happy" or "I'm walking on sunshine"

Listen to 'em. They'll change your mood and that is no lie

Mary Poppins lightens the load as well :7up:

I never met a kiwi I didn't like

Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone

The Beach Boys - God Only Knows

The Beatles - In My Life

Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

Great variety there. Excellent songs. FYI. We need an Aerosmith album in the Big 10 thread. I thought you might be the one to post there and provide one. Your name is mentioned in the thread for that purpose if you read through it...... :D

"Don't worry be happy" or "I'm walking on sunshine"

Listen to 'em. They'll change your mood and that is no lie

Mary Poppins lightens the load as well :7up:

I never met a kiwi I didn't like

You're far too kind TM (but I ain't complaining). That Walking on Sunshine video, I remember it all too well :ph34r:

I dont understand this... we are on a Rush-forum but still almost noeone is saying Rush songs! :o

Only me and Narpski is (Yay narpski! :D )

I added Limelight and Lakeside Park to songs that I could have used, if that counts.

As for the neglect of Aerosmith, I would consider Seasons of Wither or Lick and a Promise, if Go Your Own Way hadn't got my vote. Lot of candidates from early Aerosmith depending on your personal whims.

I dont understand this... we are on a Rush-forum but still almost noeone is saying Rush songs! :o

I added Limelight and Lakeside Park to songs that I could have used, if that counts.

As for the neglect of Aerosmith, I would consider Seasons of Wither or Lick and a Promise, if Go Your Own Way hadn't got my vote. Lot of candidates from early Aerosmith depending on your personal whims.

Why is this surprising? Lacuna Coil are my favourite band, Bruce Springsteen my favourite songwriter, and The Beatles are the band I place as the greatest ever, but it still doesn't changr the fact that my two favourite songs in the world are from The Juliana Theory and Fleetwood Mac!

Btw...a massive shout out to Races Are Run from Buckingham Nicks. I am forever overlooking that serious personal favourite.

I picked In The End for personal reasons. I wouldn't expect anyone else to pick it or possibly any other Rush songs for that matter. There are way to many great songs, written and performed by talented folks, since the dawn of time to expect Rush songs to be selected. Thanks for the shout out anyway.... :cheers:

In my view Sweet Emotion is the only Aerosmith song I would consider. It would probably make my top 10 if I had a top 10. That song makes me feel good when I hear it. I know Dream On is their real biggie but it doesn't do it for me like Sweet Emotion does.....
  • Like 1

Hey Jude

My #2 pick I suppose. Also my favorite video (or taped performance?).

Edited by Rutlefan

I don't think any rush songs would make my top 10 if i really thought about it. My musical mind has just grown to large, lol

Mick

I'll also mention "Limelight".

It's pretty much perfect. The riff, the lyrics, the melody and, of course, the musicanship. And the guitar solo...

I'm with you. Not my favorite Rush song, but I'd say it's their best song.

I'll also mention "Limelight".

It's pretty much perfect. The riff, the lyrics, the melody and, of course, the musicanship. And the guitar solo...

I'm with you. Not my favorite Rush song, but I'd say it's their best song.

Just as songs go I think Something For Nothing is better. Just my opinion as always....

"Just as songs go I think Something For Nothing is better. Just my opinion as always.... "

Hard to argue with Something for Nothing, though it does kind of remind of this (it's Neil Peart's version, along with Anthem and Freewill):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7d-HdjBvE

Edited by Rutlefan

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me by Elton John moves me in a similar way but slightly different. It came out in 74' when I was 14 and I remember it being on the radio and being a nice popular song. Since adulthood it has taken on a different meaning. Ever time I hear it, it makes me sad in a way and reminds me of my mortality. It gives me chills and touches me deeply like no other song does or has in that way..... :sigh:

I thought the title was "Don't let your son go down on me". :eh:
  • Like 2

I don't think there is just "one" song that is the greatest. Impossible. But here are some that I think are on a different level than everything else out there...

YYZ - Rush

Natural Science - Rush

Time and Motion - Rush

Headlong Flight - Rush

Rave Down - Swervedriver

Black Metallic - Catherine Wheel

Love To Love - UFO

Oblivian - Mastodon

Unsung - Helmet

Sin City - AC/DC

Debonair - The Afghan Whigs

• Like 2

I don't think there is just "one" song that is the greatest. Impossible. But here are some that I think are on a different level than everything else out there...

YYZ - Rush

Natural Science - Rush

Time and Motion - Rush

Headlong Flight - Rush

Rave Down - Swervedriver

Love To Love - UFO

Oblivian - Mastodon

Unsung - Helmet

Sin City - AC/DC

Aha—so HF has cracked your top 5 Rush songs. I knew I wasn't the only to think it's that awesome

YYZ - Rush

Natural Science - Rush

Time and Motion - Rush

Headlong Flight - Rush

Rave Down - Swervedriver

Love To Love - UFO

Oblivian - Mastodon

Unsung - Helmet

Sin City - AC/DC

Aha—so HF has cracked your top 5 Rush songs. I knew I wasn't the only to think it's that awesome

That fact that Rush can make a song that is so EPIC and awesome this late in their carrier just elevates the band that much more. :haz:

YYZ - Rush

Natural Science - Rush

Time and Motion - Rush

Headlong Flight - Rush

Rave Down - Swervedriver

Love To Love - UFO

Oblivian - Mastodon

Unsung - Helmet

Sin City - AC/DC

Nice catch on Love To Love. It kicks ass on Strangers. I still prefer Mother Mary and Natural Thing but Love To Love is awesome. As far as AC/DC is concerned if I could only take one song to my grave it would be Overdose.... :)
  • Like 1

YYZ - Rush

Natural Science - Rush

Time and Motion - Rush

Headlong Flight - Rush

Rave Down - Swervedriver

Love To Love - UFO

Oblivian - Mastodon

Unsung - Helmet

Sin City - AC/DC

As others have said...Headlong Flight! :haz:

But Time and Motion? :eh:

YYZ - Rush

Natural Science - Rush

Time and Motion - Rush

Headlong Flight - Rush

Rave Down - Swervedriver

Love To Love - UFO

Oblivian - Mastodon

Unsung - Helmet

Sin City - AC/DC

As others have said...Headlong Flight! :haz: