Admitting you're wrong

Lost In Xanadu

I do not make apologies for who I am. If people want to make me the target, I wear the bullseye with pride.

And I appreciate the comment about explaining it to my daughter- she is 3, and already very smart. Thank you for the praise over my parenting.

I am echoing someone else's comment and saying, I'm sorry I have to be the lone person to point out the flaws of a group of people, only to get scoffed at.

I am not perfect. I never said I was.

umoveme, I sent you a PM. it is not bitchy, it is not mean, it is not placing blame on you or anyone else. It is an honest attempt to discuss things privately.

No matter your response to it, I'll be proud of myself for at least extending the olive branch. I do want to talk things out.

There are many people who will latch onto arguments like a parasite, seeing this as their moment to say "yeah, get her!! GET HER GOOD! HOBO ARE YOU AWARE I DO NOT LIKE YOU?"

I find it somewhat sad that these people will only talk to me (at me? of me?) in this way. If you lack the courage to talk directly to me, don't be that parasite and keep my name out of your mouth.

Stand by for an official announcement from me in the random talk section.

It's really depressing that you see this thread as nothing more than parasites seeing a moment to say "get her" instead of what is really is. Some very caring people who are trying to lead you to an epiphany. :facepalm:
  • Like 3

Aww see! My food of love brings the sweetness of our forum to the forefront!

Hobo...Narpskiffle...Lorraine...the others...

Let's all get together, hug, remember the times of joy and forget the woes of sorrow, and LET'S STUFF OUR FACE WITH CARBS, BEER AND RUSH AND LEARN TO LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN!!

Back off, I'm married :P

O my...I sounded like a randy old drunk hippy!

It is all good...I meant fully clothed hugs and mass cupcake eating.

I'd prefer pizza. Can we have pizza if we don't want cupcakes? Pizza goes much better with the beer. :hail:
  • Like 1

Let's all get together, hug, remember the times of joy and forget the woes of sorrow, and LET'S STUFF OUR FACE WITH CARBS, BEER AND RUSH AND LEARN TO LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN!!

O my...I sounded like a randy old drunk hippy!

It is all good...I meant fully clothed hugs and mass cupcake eating.

I'd prefer pizza. Can we have pizza if we don't want cupcakes? Pizza goes much better with the beer. :hail:

PIZZA IS DA BOMB!

Pepperoni...extra cheese...chorizo...jalapeños

The older I get the easier it is and I give apologies to people regardless of if I feeeeeelll they deserve it because afterall. I, not them was the one wrong. Hence the reason I say sorry to my husband even when I'm still mad at him.
  • Like 1

The older I get the easier it is and I give apologies to people regardless of if I feeeeeelll they deserve it because afterall. I, not them was the one wrong. Hence the reason I say sorry to my husband even when I'm still mad at him.

Are you really furious...or maybe just a little bit annoyed or vexed?

And yes I really am a duck.

http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.4249256.7836/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Like 3

Never mind. I give up... :( :sigh: :outtahere:

??? I just said I wasn't singling you out. If you wanna go all "sigh" on me and respond that way, be my guest, but I seriously wasn't being bitchy or anything.

Yeah. You just told him what he said was "weird, dumb and gross." That's all.

You need serious help in comprehending the written word!! Especially your own.

Take this to the juice box section :LOL: I don't want 2 of my threads turned into catfights!

(unless there are pictures)

nah, that's no use. the mighty CY and I have steered that thread back on topic, so sorry, all you people looking for an argument lol. I've got better things to do than argue with strangers over the INTERNET.

Hobo, all one has to do is look at your post above this one to see that you do, in fact, have nothing better to do than argue with strangers over the internet.

Most, if not all, of your posts in this thread have been attempts to bait people into an argument with you over your immature outbursts in the juice box thread from two nights ago. The irony here (if you can recognize it) is that this is a thread about "admitting that you are wrong," and yet you won't even own up to remembering that you made those posts the other night. "lol I don't remember writing that stuff because lol I was so drunk lol."

But you clearly still have an ax to grind with some people here, as you continue to insult and berate them (you've shared some pretty awful stuff about your mother, so likening someone here to your mother is pretty insulting.)

My guess is, you will continue to try to have it both ways: disavowing any recollection of your behavior and postings from the other night, therefore not having to own up to it, and what was said about it, all the while taking little pot shots here and there at the people you were so pissed at that night, and at the people who subsequently called you out on what you posted. I used to see behavior like this all the time, when I was a middle school teacher.

OK, here we go. *sigh*

3. in terms of that stupid juice box trhead, if you all read her post and see nothing judgmental, rude or bitchy about it, well, that really astounds me. "I have seen hundreds of lunches prepared by parents"- there ya go. Not your kid, and if you have so little to worry about to the point where you can get all bent out of shape over juice boxes, then I envy your lack of real world problems.

4. I call people out when they come across as bitchy. How I was raised.

If you actually take the time to look back on any "argument" I have "started", you will not only see a horde of people ganging up to harass and bully me for stating my opinion, but you'll also see, many many many times, me PLEADING with you all to stop and move on.

Do you guys stop and move on? No.

It's like y'all try to outdo each other with "OMG WHO CAN GET HOBO ANGRIEST?" - I don't fall into that trap lol.

Do you see how much you are blowing up what she said? About juice boxes? And again, she wasn't even talking to you, or about you. So why do you care? It wasn't about you, and it wasn't about your kid. So why didn't you follow your own advice and mind your own business if it's not about your kid?

And all this nonsense about you calling it like you see it, and calling people out, but you don't judge? Utter crap. You judge. You use those terms to hide behind, so you can't be accused of judging. But you do judge, as much as the most judgmental people here.

I give my child juice boxes. She was very judgmental about parents who do just that. Therefore, I had a point to make.

How about we turn this around? Why is it seemingly OK to point the finger at a huge group of people and chastise them for raising their child a different way than you might? Is that really acceptable these days???

Judging means labeling people when you know nothing about who they are.

Seeing people for who they are, and saying outright that they are shitty people- not judging. Merely observation. I get that not all people are OK with that.

First off, she wasn't talking about YOU. YOU are the one who decided to have a freaking FIT over what she said and attack her, make it personal, and turn it into a fight. And now everybody else, myself included, is one of those judgmental assholes.

Secondly, she was RIGHT and I find it sweet that she gives a shit enough to say something. Most of those stupid little juice boxes have more grams of sugar in one serving than what a child should have PER DAY. So instead of blowing up at umoveme and treating her like some judgmental bitch maybe calm the hell down and think about what she is saying. You act like because people didn't give birth to your kid, or other people's kids, that they shouldn't say a goddamn thing about how those kids are raised. Well, guess what? People's actions affect everybody else in some way or another.

When you blow up like that you come across as one of the most hypocritical, insecure, defensive people on here. Not just on here but one of the ones that I've ever met. And you know what? I am NOT two-faced as you've accused me of being in private and yes, I would say these things to your face. Just the other day I met a fellow Rush fan in person and he told me the reason he liked me so much was because I am genuine and the same person online and off. So hobo, because people are your friends, and because people do care about you, they say shit to you that may be uncomfortable, or that may hurt your feeeeeelings.

You really need to control your emotions, the only one still mentally here in high school is you. People are not here to gang up on you like you always accuse them of doing.

So, I've got a few more years on you, which may not be a lot but my God my 20's are when I had to learn a hell of a lot of hard lessons about who I am. And there are plenty of people here who are even older then me and trying to express the same damn things to you. Which is sit back, listen, and stop being defensive and insecure. People don't say those things to ATTACK you, they say those things to HELP you. Why can't you get that into your skull? Why can't you actually comprehend that the people who have the guts to say tough things to you and call you out are the people who might care about you the most and the people who don't want to see you keep making the same mistakes over and over again because in the long run you might save yourself some grief?

• Like 9

I am married as well but I'm sure if you give me some carbs and beer to take home to my husband he will not care.

• Like 1

A duck with a magnificent head of hair. :D
  • Like 2

I am furious when I need to be. (See PMS thread)

A duck with a magnificent head of hair. :D

And the funny thing is all my cousins (I've no brothers) are completely bald! Every one of them, except the girls! :AlienSmiley:

I am furious when I need to be. (See PMS thread)

I only get furious when people try to use me as a rubber duck in the bath! http://saintsreport.com/forums/images/smilies/cussing.gif

• Like 2

So, I've got a few more years on you, which may not be a lot but my God my 20's are when I had to learn a hell of a lot of hard lessons about who I am. And there are plenty of people here who are even older then me and trying to express the same damn things to you. Which is sit back, listen, and stop being defensive and insecure. People don't say those things to ATTACK you, they say those things to HELP you. Why can't you get that into your skull? Why can't you actually comprehend that the people who have the guts to say tough things to you and call you out are the people who might care about you the most and the people who don't want to see you keep making the same mistakes over and over again because in the long run you might save yourself some grief?

Hobo, the above is it in essence.

Some here are trying to save you from yourself.

I edited this to add that one of the hardest things about being older (like me) is to have to sit back and watch younger persons make mistakes - sometimes horrible mistakes - because you know they will not listen or accept any advice. And, why won't they? Because they think they know everything, and that what you might be warning them about, will never ever ever happen to them.

I lost count in my life of all the times I have said to myself, "If only I had listened to...."

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 7

I edited this to add that one of the hardest things about being older (like me) is to have to sit back and watch younger persons make mistakes - sometimes horrible mistakes - because you know they will not listen or accept any advice. And, why won't they? Because they think they know everything, and that what you might be warning them about, will never ever ever happen to them.

I lost count in my life of all the times I have said to myself, "If only I had listened to...."

When I was younger, especially when I was in my teens and 20s, I thought I knew pretty much everything. Of course I was always right, because I knew everything! Now I think back to just how naïve I was and shake my head. If I could only go back in time and talk to my younger self! (Well, if I could, the younger self would just say "Shut up, I know what I'm doing.")

When I am 70 I will probably look back at the things my 50-year-old self is saying today and shake my head ;)

• Like 4

:goodone:

For me, admitting to one's mistake is far, far more important than any apology. Just admit what you did, don't do it again, and everything will be peachy! :sundog:

Too often, apologies are fake. People simply don't mean it. They like to "take back" their apologies if they get pissed again for whatever reason. Even worse, some people don't even know how to apologize. They don't even use the word "apologize" properly. They spew ignorant things like, "I apologize that you were........" :facepalm: They don't understand that they are supposed to apologize for what they did.

Admitting to one's mistake means that it probably won't happen again. An insincere apology means that it probably will....

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 5

When I was younger, especially when I was in my teens and 20s, I thought I knew pretty much everything. Of course I was always right, because I knew everything! Now I think back to just how naïve I was and shake my head. If I could only go back in time and talk to my younger self! (Well, if I could, the younger self would just say "Shut up, I know what I'm doing.")

When I am 70 I will probably look back at the things my 50-year-old self is saying today and shake my head ;)

That's true.

Defiant, stubborn and obstinate, epitomized by "No one is going to tell me what to do!"

What's that old saying? "Youth is wasted on the young."

• Like 3

That's true.

Defiant, stubborn and obstinate, epitomized by "No one is going to tell me what to do!"

What's that old saying? "Youth is wasted on the young."

I was lucky enough to have great-grandparents and grandparents alive when I was little. I always, always, always did my best to listen to them, even though I knew it didn't mean I'd follow their direction. I still do my best to listen to my older peers even at 31. In fact, I was just on the phone with a 78-year-old friend from Utah yesterday.

I cannot stress how important it is to listen to those who are older than you.

Even when I was 16 I had people in their 20's correcting me and as a teenager I resented them and wouldn't even talk to them until I realized what they were doing and that they were right. But in order to do that you have to let go of pride and that's not easy at any age.

• Like 2

Another thought I just had is that a person needs to take responsibility for their actions at all times, including when drunk or otherwise intoxicated. While being drunk might be a reason to do something (say, gives you the guts to stand up and sing karaoke in front of a crowd) it is never an excuse for bad behaviour. Let me repeat that: Being drunk is never an excuse. For example, this means it is not okay to say, "Oh, I know I raped that girl but it's okay, I was drunk." It's also not okay to act like a jerk because you are drunk. If you cannot act appropriately 100% percent of the time, including while drunk, then you should never drink.

This just needs to be said.

• Like 4

Another thought I just had is that a person needs to take responsibility for their actions at all times, including when drunk or otherwise intoxicated. While being drunk might be a reason to do something (say, gives you the guts to stand up and sing karaoke in front of a crowd) it is never an excuse for bad behaviour. Let me repeat that: Being drunk is never an excuse. For example, this means it is not okay to say, "Oh, I know I raped that girl but it's okay, I was drunk." It's also not okay to act like a jerk because you are drunk. If you cannot act appropriately 100% percent of the time, including while drunk, then you should never drink.

This just needs to be said.

Or even if you are going to get on Facebook/here/wherever and post things. At least take responsibility for it in the morning.

• Like 1

I'm out for the evening and when I come back ... holy cow!

What a ride!

:givebeer: (and cupcakes too)

Sharing is caring!

*hands over the tasties*

• Like 2

I'm out for the evening and when I come back ... holy cow!

What a ride!

:givebeer: (and cupcakes too)

Sharing is caring!

*hands over the tasties*

Are all these for me? :drool:

Yes! They taste delish, no?

Thanks for giving me a good LOL today amongst all this shit. Just had to mention that :smoke:

• Like 3