TOTEM for 2015 tour opener???

Spaghetti Lee

TOTEM for 2015 tour opener?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. TOTEM for 2015 tour opener?

• An absolutely pole-smokin' choice!!!
    • Totem's a pole smoker...no thanks.
    • I've never actually been able to sit through this POS song.
    • Like a captain, who sh*ts on the ground.
    • Like some pilgrim, who loves to trans-gend.
    • I'd rather "Speed of Love" because I'm a dooooosh.

Still no replies.....psssst. Next time, don't label me with negative sexual slang. K? K. Cause that's a nasty line to cross.

Still no replies.....psssst. Next time, don't label me with negative sexual slang. K? K. Cause that's a nasty line to cross.

That's considered polite on SOCN! I used a smiley and everything :P

• Like 1

I love Totem, but I'm not sure how to vote because I don't know if "pole-smokin'" is a good thing.

Depends if you're the pole or not..

I think "Totem" would be an absolutely pole-smokin' opener!!!

Spaghet, I think you are right. It would be a pole smoker for an opening song for sure. However, being a doosh, I will leave it to you to guess how I voted. :hi:

Edited by Lorraine

Um No!

Test For Eco could open the second set but that's as far as Anything from T4E would go. everything else should be placed within the set. Actually the only songs from T4E that should ever make an appearance again are:

T4E

Driven

Half The World

Limbo

and perhaps: then:

Totem, Time & Motion and Resist

but somewhere in the middle of a set.

Totem somewhere in the setlist would be excellent but if they're gonna open with a song from T4E it has to be Driven IMO.

I really like Totem. I don't think it would make a bad opener and it would surprise the entire crowd. I would rather hear that than Driven because I have never seen it live.

• Like 1

Dear God, no! If there was one song from T4E that should open the show, it should be T4E. Has everything a concert opener needs: immediate atmosphere, great riffs, a great interlude in the middle, and a big closing section.

While I like the song, it doesn't have "opener" ability. That riff would be really awkward to just "come out of nowhere". 2112 would honestly be a good opener, gently reel you in with all those space-y sounds.

They should throw some serious humor around this time. Maybe make fun of themselves and their worst songs. I would have the laugh of all laughs if they "fake-opened" the second set with Dog Years, then shit-canned it 15 seconds into the song.

• Like 2

I want to hear the opening electric swells of La Villa Strangiato, in total darkness. Then, a spotlight on Lifeson standing in billows of stage smoke while he shreds through the electric version of that monster flurry of notes, and on into the song.
  • Like 4

I want to hear the opening electric swells of La Villa Strangiato, in total darkness. Then, a spotlight on Lifeson standing in billows of stage smoke while he shreds through the electric version of that monster flurry of notes, and on into the song.

I can picture that......:)