A song you love by a band you hate

Rutlefan

Every breath you Take-The Police

I'm sorry but this is one of the most bland boring bands i've ever come across........yet they pulled one out here.

Mick

I once made the great mistake of posting a comment here on TRF that went like this: "How could anyone not like The Police?" I soon found out that not a few Rush fans really don't like them.

In one of the old Rush interviews, (when Geddy was wearing those big glasses) Neil said he liked the Police.

here is that interview from youtube I refer to in my above post. I hope it doesn't get removed, last time I posted a link to youtube, it was gone the next day. Anyways, around 10:50 Neil says he listens to the Police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK2uWbOH30

Off topic, but during the interview, the question is why does Neil write the words and Geddy/Alex the music. Geddy replies in a goofy voice something like 'cause we don't talk so good'. Then Alex in a goofy voice says something like 'talk for yourself'. Around 7:18 :laughing guy:

the guys in rush love the police, yeah. signals and GUP have plenty of police-ish sounds, but I think those records beat every police record. not that the police arent good, cause they are

Well they do have a few things in common two top ten drummers and they BOTH Are a three piece band.

I'm proud to say that I had an aversion to Sting before it was cool!

I do like a lot of the music though, esp their second, though I was admittedly late to the party because I was suspicious of pretty boys who glower into cameras while sucking in their cheeks -- referring to Sting here; as well, my anti-Rush friends were really into them. Also, I realize this is entertainment, but still, who names themselves "Sting" except the most deluded egoist.

Edited by Rutlefan

I do like a lot of the music though, esp their second, though I was admittedly late to the party because I was suspicious of pretty boys who glower into cameras while sucking in their cheeks -- referring to Sting here; as well, my anti-Rush friends were really into them. Also, I realize this is entertainment, but still, who names themselves "Sting" except the most deluded egoist.

How Did Sting Get His Name?

Answer

Gordon Matthew Sumner, commonly known as Sting, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, activist, actor and philanthropist. He was born on 2 October 1951, in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, England. He got the name Sting after he performed wearing a black and yellow sweater with hooped stripes while onstage with the Phoenix Jazzmen.

I don't he named himself that name I believe it was given to him.

As a birthday gift I'm going to see Sting this Saturday here in S Florida as he plays with Paul Simon.

How Did Sting Get His Name?

Answer

Gordon Matthew Sumner, commonly known as Sting, is an English musician, singer-songwriter, activist, actor and philanthropist. He was born on 2 October 1951, in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, England. He got the name Sting after he performed wearing a black and yellow sweater with hooped stripes while onstage with the Phoenix Jazzmen.

I don't he named himself that name I believe it was given to him.

As a birthday gift I'm going to see Sting this Saturday here in S Florida as he plays with Paul Simon.

Excellent, I'm sure it will be a good show, esp the Paul Simon part. And I do hope that Sting can rescue you from your soul cage, or set you free, or whatever he's up to these days ;) .

A song I have always loved when it comes on the radio for many, many years but don't hate the band I just don't know any other music of theirs.....

Head East - Never Been Any Reason

Great groove in my humble opinion

WOW.......maaajjjooorrrr high school flashbacks. I would just belt this song out. One time it came on the radio and I started singing without realizing it- my dad stopped the car and stared at me, he'd never heard me sing before lol

Will someone clue me in (don't go into excessive detail now), exactly what erotic asphyxiation is? Or shouldn't I ask? I'm almost afraid to find out. :ph34r: In the article I read, it said he died of a combo or drugs/alcohol - some say accidental - others said suicide.

Think, pass out game whilst masterbating...... But without a happy ending. It's just, an ending.

Yeah - I have one... But I hate the vocals, so it has to be the instrumental version of the song, and even then the intro is the part that grabs me the most by far... The rest, instrumentally, is still good, hold the sappy chord progression during the chorus.

Will someone clue me in (don't go into excessive detail now), exactly what erotic asphyxiation is? Or shouldn't I ask? I'm almost afraid to find out. :ph34r: In the article I read, it said he died of a combo or drugs/alcohol - some say accidental - others said suicide.

Think, pass out game whilst masterbating...... But without a happy ending. It's just, an ending.

it's like the russian roulette of masturbation

• Like 1

While hate is way too strong for how I feel about the Grateful Dead, I've never been into them at all, yet "Ripple" is one of my favorite songs.

Re Jimmy Buffet, he's the worst. To quote Cartman, "Nobody likes Jimmy Buffet except frat boys and alcoholic chicks from the South!." :LOL:

• Like 1