A song you love by a band you hate

Rutlefan

Or like/dislike. Something made me think of this. I've always thought it strange that I like it because INXS kind of makes my skin crawl, and in some ways I thought they were the poster boys for the corruption of "New Wave" from alternative pop to nauseating hair pop (though the first album wasn't too bad)...

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUZ89pMn9h

You chose one of my favorites by that band...love them from their first album.

Here's mine and was thinking about this subject just the other why do I like this song yet I can't stand the band.

GNR....Patience in its creative phase.

Dead or Alive...Bon Jovi

Every Rose Has Its Thorn....Poison...dumb song but it makes laugh and sing along.

Dr Feelgood.....Mötley Crüe it must that guitar/bassline intro that gets me.

My Hero......Foo Fighters

http://youtu.be/EmUYXSkZMsk

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

And I can't remember the name of the other one. It came out in 1990 or 1991, and I think it was by INXS - Psycho Blond or something like that. I'm absolutely positive someone here will know the correct title.

Every breath you Take-The Police

I'm sorry but this is one of the most bland boring bands i've ever come across........yet they pulled one out here.

Mick

I once made the great mistake of posting a comment here on TRF that went like this: "How could anyone not like The Police?" I soon found out that not a few Rush fans really don't like them.

I'm sorry but this is one of the most bland boring bands i've ever come across........yet they pulled one out here.

Mick

I once made the great mistake of posting a comment here on TRF that went like this: "How could anyone not like The Police?" I soon found out that not a few Rush fans really don't like them.

That was easy here ya go Loraine...Suicide Blond...INXS

http://youtu.be/psDTiUV0PNI

• Like 1

Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

And I can't remember the name of the other one. It came out in 1990 or 1991, and I think it was by INXS - Psycho Blond or something like that. I'm absolutely positive someone here will know the correct title.

That was easy here ya go Loraine...Suicide Blond...INXS

http://youtu.be/psDTiUV0PNI

• Like 1

Haha! That's the one. Oooh, I loved that song. Gave me lots of energy!

Thanks, G-u-P!

You are more than welcome check out this version and talk about energy just watch the peeps at Wembly Stadium

Oh man I loved that band....I saw them once a superb show back in the mid 90's another of my unusual faves is...Dancing On The Jetty

Edited by g under p
  • Like 1

I never had any use for Motley Crue, but this is one song that I've always liked.

http://youtu.be/XwMjLjB2Hlw

I was going to post this one... :cheers: super groove :haz:

Thirded.

One of the greatest guitar riffs all time..... :haz:

Edit: great stripper joint tune... :yes:

Edited by Narpski

Thanks, G-u-P!

You are more than welcome check out this version and talk about energy just watch the peeps at Wembly Stadium

http://youtu.be/G4DxkQYCx7Q

Oh man I loved that band....I saw them once a superb show back in the mid 90's another of my unusual faves is...Dancing On The Jetty

It took thirty-three minutes to load the song. I am not joking. But it was worth it. He has some voice - whatever his name is. I love that harmonica. The song still gives me the goose bumps and pumps me up, even after 23 years.

They were surrounded by a sea of people. Incredible. How many were there?

P.S. I just did some quick research on them and I see that he died. I'm not surprised. As I was watching him sing that song, I wondered to myself what happened to him as he looked ripe for something not good. Rest in peace, Michael.

Thanks, G-u-P!

It took thirty-three minutes to load the song. I am not joking. But it was worth it. He has some voice - whatever his name is. I love that harmonica. The song still gives me the goose bumps and pumps me up, even after 23 years.

At least 60,000 so you see even way back then they had some serious drawing power. I don't think our RUSH could draw that much in the early 90's like that and that's coming from an Aussie band. Yes he died of some form of erotic axficiation or basically a hanging for whatever reason. Michael was to me a major loss as far as lead lyric writing singers in the music business goes.

They also sold out the old Capital Centre in MD when I saw them the 15-20 shows I saw there RUSH sold out maybe half that.

• Like 1

Peace Of Mind - Boston. All their stuff sounds kind of the same to me, and I haven't got much use for it, but I really like that one. The way the acoustic riff is repeated later in the song as an electric riff is just stupidly pleasing to me.
  • Like 1

Will someone clue me in (don't go into excessive detail now), exactly what erotic asphyxiation is? Or shouldn't I ask? I'm almost afraid to find out. :ph34r: In the article I read, it said he died of a combo or drugs/alcohol - some say accidental - others said suicide.

Thanks, G-u-P!

At least 60,000 so you see even way back then they had some serious drawing power. I don't think our RUSH could draw that much in the early 90's like that and that's coming from an Aussie band. Yes he died of some form of erotic axficiation or basically a hanging for whatever reason. Michael was to me a major loss as far as lead lyric writing singers in the music business goes.

They also sold out the old Capital Centre in MD when I saw them the 15-20 shows I saw there RUSH sold out maybe half that.

The majority of rock shows I have seen in my life were at the Cap Centre.....

Will someone clue me in (don't go into excessive detail now), exactly what erotic asphyxiation is? Or shouldn't I ask? I'm almost afraid to find out. :ph34r: In the article I read, it said he died of a combo or drugs/alcohol - some say accidental - others said suicide.

Never mind. I'll find out myself. I'll ask Narpowicz. He knows everything about stuff like that. :LOL:

A song I have always loved when it comes on the radio for many, many years but don't hate the band I just don't know any other music of theirs.....

Head East - Never Been Any Reason

Great groove in my humble opinion

Good call! I love that song and being an old f@rt that I am, I remember when it was out.

A song I have always loved when it comes on the radio for many, many years but don't hate the band I just don't know any other music of theirs.....

Head East - Never Been Any Reason

Great groove in my humble opinion

Good call! I love that song and being an old f@rt that I am, I remember when it was out.

Us old f@rts have to stick together..... :codger: :oldlady:
  • Like 1

Mick

In one of the old Rush interviews, (when Geddy was wearing those big glasses) Neil said he liked the Police.

Mick

In one of the old Rush interviews, (when Geddy was wearing those big glasses) Neil said he liked the Police.

Oh.

Maybe I better rethink my fanship of that band.

:yes: :LOL:

Mick

Ever heard an album called Grace Under Pressure??

• Like 1

Peace Of Mind - Boston. All their stuff sounds kind of the same to me, and I haven't got much use for it, but I really like that one. The way the acoustic riff is repeated later in the song as an electric riff is just stupidly pleasing to me.

Get ready to close your ears they are coming out with anew album and tour this year. Yikes, I saw them once in the late 80's good show.

the guys in rush love the police, yeah. signals and GUP have plenty of police-ish sounds, but I think those records beat every police record. not that the police arent good, cause they are