Excuse me, do you have a few minutes to talk about Rush?

gudbuytjane

Among my group of friends, I've probably moved some from "never heard of Rush" to "I like their radio friendly songs and they put on a great show", but none of my friends are really hardcore. I do have a grammar school friend who lives close to me now. From 1994-2011 we almost never saw each other, but after learning he is a big fan of Rush, we hang out more and see a couple of concerts.

Also, about getting comments on Rush shirts/tats...on weekends I'm out with my kids and there's a 50% chance I have a rush shirt on. I probably get a comment a month about it "nice shirt" or "I love those guys" or "live is the best way to enjoy those guys".

A 50% chance you will have a Rush shirt on? And I thought I was the the only one. For me its like having the same t-shirt in a multitude of colors and trying to decide each day which color to wear. I remember one day out with my wife and 3 different people at 3 different stores commented on my Time Machine tour shirt. After the 3rd one my wife was like "damn". Truth is I would say I get a comment less than once a month on average. At the gym with my very bold Rush jerseys and shirts only one person (an employee) has ever said anything....

I have so many T-shirts and I can rarely wear them (friggin' work dress codes), so I end up cycling through my 12 Rush tshirts most weekends. Certainly if I have the original Rush logo shirt on I get more comments than if I have my Snakes and Arrows tshirt on. My Zep zip-hoody with an orange-burnt swan song logo gets more comments than all my Rush stuff combined, but Rush still gets some love. Perhaps you look too intimidating.

Intimidating? Thats the first time I have heard that one to describe me.... :)

It's the chin hair!

• Like 1

there's a gym in town called THE RUSH, if I wear a rush shirt people around here confuse it with that gym or they think it says "kush" which is slang for really good weed for those who don't know.

there's a gym in town called THE RUSH, if I wear a rush shirt people around here confuse it with that gym or they think it says "kush" which is slang for really good weed for those who don't know.

I was outside in San Fran in 2004 wearing a Rush shirt and someone came over to me and and angrily asked me "How can you support Bush!" I wish I had replied "because he is in favor of improving the literacy of the country." Instead, I just told him that I don't, I support Rush. He looked at me, perhaps thinking of Rush Limbaugh, and just walked away.

I was outside in San Fran in 2004 wearing a Rush shirt and someone came over to me and and angrily asked me "How can you support Bush!" I wish I had replied "because he is in favor of improving the literacy of the country." Instead, I just told him that I don't, I support Rush. He looked at me, perhaps thinking of Rush Limbaugh, and just walked away.

LOL, loser. :ebert:

• Like 1

I thought that was called MILF?

Sorry, Weeds reference. :LOL:

yeah I had someone think my time machine shirt said BUSH

Bush, Limbaugh and Big Time Rush should be mortal enemies of all :rush: fans!! :rage:
  • Like 4

:rush: :rush: No Blahs about it. Love talking about them...most of the time its to myself tho.

I have a great hubby who listens to me talk about them all the time and is willing to listen to them when we take trips in the car. Re: the t-shirts..I wore one last summer on a visit to a cousin's place. One person knew who they were and we chatted a bit then my cousin says I didn't think you were a republican? :facepalm: :no: I think I need one of those Rush is a band bumper stickers too....

• Like 1

I kind of feel like I spend a lot of my life looking for opportunities to talk about Rush, especially with non-fans. And in my immediate social world there aren't a lot of Rush fans. I hang around a lot of indie rock folks, punks, and I even know some people who are fairly successful in genres I just don't listen to (haha, at least they know I'm hanging out with them because I like them as people, because I rarely listen to their music. Also I convinced my one friend who is like an indie alt punk folk act to play a cover of TSOR for my birthday once!). Anyway, this is connected to my deep love of the band, and my sadness for those who haven't given them a chance, because hello awesome called.

I think I've made a few converts, too, which is kind of exciting, and among people who previously would be snotty about the band, I'm sure. :)

Am I just weird, or do other folks do this too? I mean, I'm also that person who is always excitedly telling people about albums they should check out, but with Rush it feels like a far more serious endeavor. I am seriously looking to proselytize to the unwashed masses! Tell me a life without Rush wouldn't be made better with Rush? :D

Ya Rush is definitely that kind of band. So much to draw from :)

Bush, Limbaugh and Big Time Rush should be mortal enemies of all :rush: fans!! :rage:

..mainly because we're forced to look at them every time we try to youtube or Google RUSH!!

• Like 1

My husband has been a Rush fan for about 30 years. I listened to his CDs of Counterparts and Roll the Bones occasionally, but didn't take much notice of them till about a year ago when we got tickets for the CA tour. He was just going to take my daughter and I really wanted to go too, so I listened to all the Rush I could find in the house for about a month before to prove I was a fan too... and have not stopped listening to them since! It's unusual for me to go more than a day or two without listening to Rush, all the Rush CDs have moved into my car, my screensavers are Rush photos, and I can find a Rush quote for any situation, which drives my daughter mad. I do try to convert other people sometimes. My friends and work colleagues haven't quite got their heads round this yet as I've spent 10 years putting up posters for the early music choir I sing in.

At least I can talk about Rush in detail at home, and often do!

My husband doesn't like Rush at all and I like it this way. Rush and TRF are my own thing. Sometimes I wish one of my girlfriends was into Rush but I know no one likes them. I am seriously on my own here. But, like I said, I kind of like it that way.

My husband doesn't like Rush at all and I like it this way. Rush and TRF are my own thing. Sometimes I wish one of my girlfriends was into Rush but I know no one likes them. I am seriously on my own here. But, like I said, I kind of like it that way.

I bet it's all an act and he sneaks out at night and dresses up in your RUSH t-shirts and hats and secretly freaks out to 2112 with the headphones on! :smoke:

I don't talk about them to my friends because I know they'll get that "Oh god she's talking about them again" kind of look on their faces.

I occasionally talk about them with my parents, most often my dad. I desperately want to talk about them with the guy that I have a crush on since he's fan,

but I don't have the balls to talk to him. I usually just talk about them with my internet friends. :huh:

• Like 1

I don't talk about them to my friends because I know they'll get that "Oh god she's talking about them again" kind of look on their faces.

I occasionally talk about them with my parents, most often my dad. I desperately want to talk about them with the guy that I have a crush on since he's fan,

but I don't have the balls to talk to him. I usually just talk about them with my internet friends. :huh:

Girl, talk to him! Guys who love Rush LOVE girls who love Rush! :yes:

• Like 1

I honestly wish I could but I'm painfully shy (thanks to my dad :facepalm: ). I'd be more comfortable if I talked to him within a group of friends, and I've been trying to figure out how to do so.

I honestly wish I could but I'm painfully shy (thanks to my dad :facepalm: ). I'd be more comfortable if I talked to him within a group of friends, and I've been trying to figure out how to do so.

Why do you think you're shy because of your Dad? I ask because I am a Dad and want to know what I do that affects my girl.

Why do you think you're shy because of your Dad? I ask because I am a Dad and want to know what I do that affects my girl.

It's just a personality trait that I got from him.

All of my friends are musically inclined like myself (we're all good at our instruments, I'm on guitar), and they have an appreciation for Rush. My bass playing friend thinks Geddy is the best bass player in the world and most of what he listens to is pop-punk trash from the 90's and 2000's (17 FOR EVUR TEENAGE ANGST), but he's been after that bass line on Seven Cities of Gold for ages.

None of my friends are Rush fanboys, but they have an appreciation for them. They all own copies of Moving Pictures and have heard Clockwork Angels and like that one too. My aforementioned bass playing friend has heard Counterparts, 2112, and Permanent Waves as well.