Its Official !!!

Narps

Have we gone for Narpissistic yet?

Well folks I made it through and made it home. I think they changed their mind once I got in the operating room and decided to take turns hitting me in the face with a baseball bat instead :LOL: . Hope this works. Apparently according to the Doc things were worse than thought. Some drugs and recovery time will be needed from the feel of things right now. Thanks for caring as always. You guys and gals (mostly :blush: ) are awesome.... :rose: :)
  • Like 2

Within a week you will be back to normal. :cheers:

Normal for me. Being normal is something I have never been accused of nor being boring either... :LOL: :rose: :) Thanks for caring Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

Within a week you will be back to normal. :cheers:

Normal for me. Being normal is something I have never been accused of nor being boring either... :LOL: :rose: :) Thanks for caring

"Normal" is a setting on the washing machine. Hope you're back to being yourself ;)

• Like 1

Well the sun rose in the east again this morning. One hour sleep last night but my headache has calmed quite a bit. Even I will admit that I am going to have to chill at least for a couple days after this one..... :(

If I may ask, what exactly happens during sinus surgery? Is it supposed to help avoid getting sinus headaches? (I say that as I've just taken a couple Sudafed to get rid of a sinus headache :( )

If I may ask, what exactly happens during sinus surgery? Is it supposed to help avoid getting sinus headaches? (I say that as I've just taken a couple Sudafed to get rid of a sinus headache :( )

Well in my case its been a long time coming. I have had so many sinus infections especially recently and over the past 25 years its been ridiculous. I am starting my 5th antibiotic in the past 3 months today. In my case I had basically 2 surgeries in one. They repaired my deviated septum (which has been that way since I can remember). Removing some cartilage and straightening the space between my nostrils so i can breath through my nose again. Right now it seriously looks like I had a nose job (which might be a good thing as I can use all the help I can get :LOL: ), Also they went in my sinuses through my nostrils and remove polyps and stuff that have been causing severe head and ear pressure. I have a feeling when I am all healed this will turn out to be medically the best thing I have ever done. Its supposed to help prevent future sinus infections and problems. Thanks for asking..... :)
  • Like 1

Well in my case its been a long time coming. I have had so many sinus infections especially recently and over the past 25 years its been ridiculous. I am starting my 5th antibiotic in the past 3 months today. In my case I had basically 2 surgeries in one. They repaired my deviated septum (which has been that way since I can remember). Removing some cartilage and straightening the space between my nostrils so i can breath through my nose again. Right now it seriously looks like I had a nose job (which might be a good thing as I can use all the help I can get :LOL: ), Also they went in my sinuses through my nostrils and remove polyps and stuff that have been causing severe head and ear pressure. I have a feeling when I am all healed this will turn out to be medically the best thing I have ever done. Its supposed to help prevent future sinus infections and problems. Thanks for asking..... :)

It sounds like you had your sinuses roto-rooted. :LOL: I've had similar problems over the years too. It's no fun and not healthy to take so many antibiotics.

It sounds like you had your sinuses roto-rooted. :LOL: I've had similar problems over the years too. It's no fun and not healthy to take so many antibiotics.

He did the Roto-Rooter but he also repaired and removed apparently a bunch of cartilage from my septum. Like I said right now its stiff and hurts like hell but it looks like I had a nose job. I have quite a bit of Native American in my background and have the nose to prove it. It seems now that I don't however. There are "spacers" in there now that must stay in for a week. I guess when they are removed next week we shall see what I got left and how it looks.... :)
  • Like 2

I bet you can't eat, right? Hurts to chew?

That is a bonus. No gym obviously for a week or so, so not much eating is alright with me. Plenty of fluids however. My face hurts so I can eat but I just don't feel like it mostly....

That is a bonus. No gym obviously for a week or so, so not much eating is alright with me. Plenty of fluids however. My face hurts so I can eat but I just don't feel like it mostly....

It's the post-surgery diet! ;)

• Like 1

It's the post-surgery diet! ;)

I was busting tail in the gym in the mornings and walking the neighborhood in the evenings leading up to this surgery. I knew I would have to take a short break post surgery and now that I almost have the body I want and have been working towards all these months I don't want to fall to far behind. Its almost time to take this to the beach and start walking and running there. :cheers: ....
  • Like 1

Recovering slow but sure. Took some pain meds last night and had a glass of wine and slept good (about 9 hours after 1 hour the night before). Same strategy for tonight it looks like..... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Your face hurts? It's been killing us for months!

• Like 1

And wait for it.......wait............ and now! :syrinx:
  • Like 1

And wait for it.......wait............ and now! :syrinx:

Glad to hear your recovering well. I had sinus surgery back in HS... gotta be better now than it was back then. They packed my head full of gauze... it really really really sucked when they pulled it out of my head.