Most overlooked band

Rutlefan

So, what ONE band do you think has been most criminally overlooked/unnoticed/ignored by the masses, with video to make the case why others should check them out.

My nomination: The Jazz Butcher/The Jazz Butcher Conspiracy. Here's an example from their middle period:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQh8H1W2xA

Honorable mention: The Church over the last decade and a half. I'd include Cinerama and Wire, but they get critical attention, if not sales.

UFO is one that comes right to mind, but sadly I don't know how to post a video...... :(

I loved UFO back in the day but lost track since. My older brother is the guitarist in the family and UFO holds a sort of mythic position in his pantheon of hard rock bands, alongside Van Halen.

Oh, and to post a video, just bring up a You Tube video, highlight the web address, hit Control C, and then go to your post a hit Control V. You'll see the address which will become a video once you post it.

UFO is one that comes right to mind, but sadly I don't know how to post a video...... :(

I loved UFO back in the day but lost track since. My older brother is the guitarist in the family and UFO holds a sort of mythic position in his pantheon of hard rock bands, alongside Van Halen.

Oh, and to post a video, just bring up a You Tube video, highlight the web address, hit Control C, and then go to your post a hit Control V. You'll see the address which will become a video once you post it.

Thanks. I can never get it to work. Maybe someone could post something from Strangers In The Night. Natural Thing, Mother Mary or something.... :)

Haha.. Come on.. You're jerkin us around right? I'm not buying it.. You MUST know how to post a video

Khoma.

Lacuna Coil.

Bruce Spr...JOOOOOKE!

But Khoma are, for me, the best band of our time that deals with melancholy and feelings. Better than Coldplay, more atmospheric than Muse, and I think preferable to Radiohead.

As for Lacuna Coil, Cristina Scabbia has the most wonderful voice (self taught as well), and the band has excellent songwriting skills (the melodies and harmonies are addictive), and I think they are much more entertaining than the likes of Evanescence. I love them. My favourite band.

• Like 1

Haha.. Come on.. You're jerkin us around right? I'm not buying it.. You MUST know how to post a video

I seriously do not. I can post a photo but that's it. Technology may be "our" friend but it's not mine.... :) Can you post Rock Bottom or Mother Mary for me from Strangers In The Night? Thanks :d13:

Khoma.

Lacuna Coil.

Bruce Spr...JOOOOOKE!

But Khoma are, for me, the best band of our time that deals with melancholy and feelings. Better than Coldplay, more atmospheric than Muse, and I think preferable to Radiohead.

As for Lacuna Coil, Cristina Scabbia has the most wonderful voice (self taught as well), and the band has excellent songwriting skills (the melodies and harmonies are addictive), and I think they are much more entertaining than the likes of Evanescence. I love them. My favourite band.

Oh sh*t. Here we go....... :facepalm:
  • Like 1

I seriously do not. I can post a photo but that's it. Technology may be "our" friend but it's not mine.... :) Can you post Rock Bottom or Mother Mary for me from Strangers In The Night? Thanks :d13:

My pleasure :haz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypYkkDwJBxw

• Like 1

My pleasure :haz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypYkkDwJBxw

Thanks and :cheers:

I wish that Gentle Giant got more attention, but I wouldn't really expect many people to like them. They were very... different. Only oddballs/geniuses like Your_Lion and me seem to be fans. It's impossible to pick a single song that represents what they were all about, as they were about so many different things, but here's one that I love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8WiYHns8Os

• Like 2

I wish that Gentle Giant got more attention, but I wouldn't really expect many people to like them. They were very... different. Only oddballs/geniuses like Your_Lion and me seem to be fans. It's impossible to pick a single song that represents what they were all about, as they were about so many different things, but here's one that I love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8WiYHns8Os

Love a bit of GG. Octopus is a classic.

• Like 3

Living Colour:

Living Colour is amazing. Their debut got some air play, but their subsequent albums were criminally ignored. :(

• Like 1