Your Top 10 Movies Of 2013

presto123

I know nobody has the time to watch 300 movies a year, but out of everything you saw this year, give us your top 10 list. It will be good reference for people looking for good movies. I haven't seen a ton(still haven't seen Captain Phillips or Saving Mr. Banks), but here are my personal favorites:

1.Gravity

2.Prisoners

3.Rush

4.Mud

5.Blackfish(documentary)

6.The Conjuring

7.Place Beyond The Pines

8.The East

9.World War Z

10.Dark Skies

Yours?

This is a serious answer but I don't think I have seen a movie this year that I would consider good. I went and saw American Hustle today and considered it average as best... :)
  • Like 1

Going off my IMDB account, I have seen two films from this year.

The Way Way Back, which I gave 5/10. Decent but cliche and cookie cutter as can be.

and Curse of Chucky, 2/10. f***ing terrible, just take my word for it...

I want to see "Her" which is a 2013 film but I probably won't be able to get it until mid 2014...

This is a serious answer but I don't think I have seen a movie this year that I would consider good. I went and saw American Hustle today and considered it average as best... :)

Jeez.....see some of my top 5. There are plenty of good movies released this year.

The only film I saw this year that I loved was Man Of Steel. I am one of the few that found it to be near perfect, though.

sorry, I am with Narpet on this one. I still need to see Rush, Gravity and that Walter Mitty film...

Oh, and I enjoyed Frozen. I like a good old slice of Disney!

I saw the Hobbit, and...Monsters University....Despicable Me 2

I just did a review of every movie released this year,,,not a single one I'd care to see. Is this the worst year ever for movies?

I just did a review of every movie released this year,,,not a single one I'd care to see. Is this the worst year ever for movies?

Maybe...but that's the state of the movie industry in general. Rehashes and retreads and style over substance. I still say anything in my top 5 are great movies though.

The only one I saw that is within the Oscar area is Saving Mr. Banks which was fantastic. I saw other films this year which I enjoyed but probably don't belong on lists like these. Mostly these were the animated films (the good ones anyway).
  • Like 1

Thought it's technically a 2012 film, I'm just going to say Jagten is my favorite 2013 film. I'm glad to have found it, but it's not perfect, there's a few little bits I couldn't help but go "OK, that needs to change" but they were all minor details so that's why it's acceptable.

9/10, maybe 8/10... I really want to give it a 10/10 but those minor errors within characters and at one point even with the soundtrack's odd cut off during one scene, I definitely need to give it a lower rating.

Maybe...but that's the state of the movie industry in general. Rehashes and retreads and style over substance. I still say anything in my top 5 are great movies though.

Have you seen this one?

http://content8.flixster.com/movie/11/17/36/11173666_det.jpg

I'd like to.

Edited by goose

I have yet to see some since most of my viewings are on Redbox instead of the theater. So far, even if I can't find 10:

Only God Forgives - Yeah, it's divisive but I loved it.

The Way Way Back - The only movie from this year that made me cry so far.

Monsters U

Star Trek

American Hustle

Gravity

Anchorman 2

The Heat - Way funnier than I expected. Big guilty pleasure.

This Is The End

The list will change especially since I plan on seeing Wolf Of Wall Street, Inside Llewyn Davis and Nebraska this week. Coens can do no wrong in my book.

Edited by invisible airwave

After going through a list of all films released in 2013, I figured I saw 11 from start to finish.

WW Z

The Croods

Star Trek

Oblivion

The Hobbit

Man Of Steel

This Is The End

Iron Man 3

We're The Millers

Mama

Hansel & Gretel ...Whatever it was called.

Saw a few older flicks too...some sucked, some were great.

I saw the croods...amazing animation but the story and script left a lot to be desired. Frozen for me was the years animated triumph. I'm pleased coz Disney finally have what it takes to make it back on top!

Man of Steel still reigns supreme, but a guilty pleasure of mine was Jack The Giant Slayer. It was like a pantomime Middle Earth tale! Enjoyed it, possibly because I went in with very low expectations.

I still have a very long list of films I want to see...Gravity, Saving Mr Banks and the new Hayao Miyazaki, The Wind Rises.

What is the book thief about?

Life in Germany during WW2. It's called the book thief because the main character(A young girl) likes to read and the Nazis' have burned most of the books. So she steals them from the wife of the local political leader.

Geoffrey Rush does a great job as usual and the movie addresses the issue of German people's support for Hitler during that time. It's easy to judge Germany as a whole for the atrocities committed by the Nazis. But there is far more to it and not all of the Germans who "supported" Hitler did so willingly.

I highly recommend seeing it or reading the book.

Based on titles listed as 2013 on IMDb:

12 Years A Slave

Gravity

American Hustle

Stoker

I doubt the titles above will get knocked out of my top 10. The ones below could be bumped out as I catch up to movies I haven't gotten to yet.

World War Z

The Conjuring

Oblivion

Trance

Mama

Star Trek Into Darkness

Edited by Rushian King