Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Yeah. Looks like greens & 2 putts will take care of business today. Too cold to go to the range....

As for Abu Dhabi: Phil's triple...ouch. Would've liked to see him win that one. Love that clubhouse, very subtle & understated.

I took the fam out to the club. Beautiful day! Bummed about the drought & lack of snow, but it's nice to have a day on the course as consolation! Edited by goose

Reed wins but is kind of disappointing. Kudos to Zach and Ryan.... :cheers:

Just 1 under today for Reed, but he had a big enough cushion to win.

Next, onto Torrey Pines - Woods, Mickelson and Jason Day amongst others competing.

YES!!!!! Real PGA tour golf. I bet it won't be boring as hell..... :no:
  • Like 1

Looking at Tiger's stats from 2013:

69th in driving accuracy & 24th in GIR yet still was 2nd in Scoring Avg and 1st in All-Around ranking and leading $$$ winner. You'd think this happened by him bombing it off the tee and gouging a short iron on but...he was 49th in driving distance at 293.2 yards. So it's not like he's murdering the ball beyond belief.

He increases the driving accuracy & GIR stats by as little as 1 or 2% this year he'll win 7-8 times and snag 2 majors.

Another series of surprising stats is how poor his putting was last year from all distances. He was 131st from inside 25' and he was always a great long putter. From 3-5' he was an appalling 98th!

Anyway, the PGA keeps stats on more than you could imagine.

69th in driving accuracy & 24th in GIR yet still was 2nd in Scoring Avg and 1st in All-Around ranking and leading $$$ winner. You'd think this happened by him bombing it off the tee and gouging a short iron on but...he was 49th in driving distance at 293.2 yards. So it's not like he's murdering the ball beyond belief.

He increases the driving accuracy & GIR stats by as little as 1 or 2% this year he'll win 7-8 times and snag 2 majors.

Another series of surprising stats is how poor his putting was last year from all distances. He was 131st from inside 25' and he was always a great long putter. From 3-5' he was an appalling 98th!

This is from observation only... He is a lousy putter now as compared to his hey day. He is no longer money from 5 ft and in. His stats would lead you to believe he is a "good" tour player. His heart and desire say something altogether different. Dude still wants to win!
  • Like 1

PGA.com has great stats. As far as Tiger goes, he was hit & miss last year (yuck yuck!), mainly due to injury. When he wasn't in pain, he was his old self. What did he have, five wins in sixteen appearances, with three other top tens? That's crazy good, for what many called a bad year. #1 in the world, player of the year, but no majors. He was close to winning a couple. "The drop...."

This is kind of related. Feherty is on tonight. Love that dude!! My wife even enjoys him.... :dweez:

This is kind of related. Feherty is on tonight. Love that dude!! My wife even enjoys him.... :dweez:

The six second delay technician has his work cut out for him.

:cheers:

So sweet to sit back and watch some real golf finally. :cheers: The gang is all there. Do you think they will ever schedule this tourney at such a time when there are not any fu*king fog delays!!! :rage:
  • Like 1

So sweet to sit back and watch some real golf finally. :cheers: The gang is all there. Do you think they will ever schedule this tourney at such a time when there are not any fu*king fog delays!!! :rage:

I just got home from work and turned it on.... what's happening?

Your boy Day is on fire on the North course.... :) :cheers:

Jason Day finished at -6 on the (easier) North course. I hope he has a breakout year and wins, maybe even a major. He had a nice post round interview stating he had lofty goals, winning a couple of times, climbing to the top 5, maybe a major.

Hats off to Canuck Graham DeLaet, -2 for his first 2014 round. Mickelson shot -3 but needs to get a 'tightened up' back treated tonight.

This is a much more interesting tournament than the first 3 of 2014.

• Like 1

Jason Day finished at -6 on the (easier) North course. I hope he has a breakout year and wins, maybe even a major. He had a nice post round interview stating he had lofty goals, winning a couple of times, climbing to the top 5, maybe a major.

Hats off to Canuck Graham DeLaet, -2 for his first 2014 round. Mickelson shot -3 but needs to get a 'tightened up' back treated tonight.

This is a much more interesting tournament than the first 3 of 2014.

Amen sister amen. I watched all of it.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I usually attend the Thursday and Friday rounds at Torrey but didn't feel like dealing with the parking issues, they are horrible here. So I decided to golf myself. It was awesome. No one within 3 holes of us behind or in front the whole day. I will definitely play every Thursday from now on when Torrey is going on.
  • Like 1

I usually attend the Thursday and Friday rounds at Torrey but didn't feel like dealing with the parking issues, they are horrible here. So I decided to golf myself. It was awesome. No one within 3 holes of us behind or in front the whole day. I will definitely play every Thursday from now on when Torrey is going on.

Did you have a fog delay too?..... :cool:

Where'd you play?

LA JOLLA, Calif. -- Stewart Cink did what he needed to do on Thursday during the first round of the Farmers Insurance Open.

He took advantage of the North Course, historically the more generous of the two courses at Torrey Pines, in shooting a bogey-free 64 that gave him a one-stroke lead. The round of 8 under was Cink's lowest of the season and his lowest since he opened with a 64 in the first round of the 2011 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.

STEW!

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/01/23/the-upshot-farmers-1.html

Where'd you play?

Ivanhoe at Cottonwood. Use to be a great course but they've been in receivership for 3 years now and they've let it decline significantly.

LA JOLLA, Calif. -- Stewart Cink did what he needed to do on Thursday during the first round of the Farmers Insurance Open.

He took advantage of the North Course, historically the more generous of the two courses at Torrey Pines, in shooting a bogey-free 64 that gave him a one-stroke lead. The round of 8 under was Cink's lowest of the season and his lowest since he opened with a 64 in the first round of the 2011 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.

STEW!

http://www.pgatour.c...-farmers-1.html

The reason he did so well was because he took his hat off and his big bright dome helped him see right through the fog!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/1220330_zps65235636.jpg

Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 2

Day 2 of the Famers. Nice round of -9 for youngster Jordan Spieth, who put on quite the putting display.

Yeah he's about the only one doing anything. Even Cink is struggling. Bummer Phil's back is bothering him.