Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

I usually attend the Thursday and Friday rounds at Torrey but didn't feel like dealing with the parking issues, they are horrible here. So I decided to golf myself. It was awesome. No one within 3 holes of us behind or in front the whole day. I will definitely play every Thursday from now on when Torrey is going on.

Where'd you play?

Ivanhoe at Cottonwood. Use to be a great course but they've been in receivership for 3 years now and they've let it decline significantly.

That's a familiar story these days.

9 over during a 7 hole stretch. Never thought I would see the day..... :arealheadscratcher: :eh:

Was that Phil?

El Tigre......At a place he owns :facepalm:

9 over during a 7 hole stretch. Never thought I would see the day..... :arealheadscratcher: :eh:

Was that Phil?

It's ok. Tiger won't mind. There are some hot hooters and tilted kilt girls all over the clubhouse area today so he can take 1 or two of them back to his room tonight.

I usually attend the Thursday and Friday rounds at Torrey but didn't feel like dealing with the parking issues, they are horrible here. So I decided to golf myself. It was awesome. No one within 3 holes of us behind or in front the whole day. I will definitely play every Thursday from now on when Torrey is going on.

Where'd you play?

Ivanhoe at Cottonwood. Use to be a great course but they've been in receivership for 3 years now and they've let it decline significantly.

That's a familiar story these days.

I've played Torrey quite a few times when i was younger but now you pretty much have to know someone or call 90 days in adnvance

Was that Phil?

It's ok. Tiger won't mind. There are some hot hooters and tilted kilt girls all over the clubhouse area today so he can take 1 or two of them back to his room tonight.

Maybe that's the problem. He did that last night....... :unsure:

Was that Phil?

since 83 players made the cut on Friday, there is a secondary cut today to trim tomorrow's field down to 70 players, and Woods won't be playing tomorrow.

Was that Phil?

since 83 players made the cut on Friday, there is a secondary cut today to trim tomorrow's field down to 70 players, and Woods won't be playing tomorrow.

As much as I hate to say this..... GOOD! Now I don't have to watch either if I have something better to do... :)

Was that Phil?

Nah he wont but he'll be playing tonight with hollie and stacey from the swag booth

Was that Phil?

Nah he wont but he'll be playing tonight with hollie and stacey from the swag booth

Spieth is going the wrong way today. Gary Woodland is now leading at -8. I see Rory Sabatini is in the hunt...three back.

Spieth is going the wrong way today. Gary Woodland is now leading at -8. I see Rory Sabatini is in the hunt...three back.

Yes going the wrong way, and Spieth is displaying some temper when things don't go his way... he's young and I hope he outgrows this habit, it's not becoming.

Maybe Canucks Fritsch or DeLaet can come from behind and win tomorrow - that's what I'd like to see. Watch out for Pat Perez, I think he has good history at Torrey Pines.

Was that Phil?

The 79 tied Woods' record for second-worst round as a pro with a 79 he shot at the 2013 Memorial and a 79 he shot in 2010 at Quail Hollow.

His worst round ever was an 81 at the 2002 British Open.

The third-round cut comes because there were too many ties after round two.

Woods "politely declined" an interview with CBS after his round but you know he had to be seething after the way he played. I joked on Friday that he'd be on his jet to Dubai before Jordan Spieth hoisted the trophy on Sunday. He might be on it before Spieth completes his round on Saturday.

That stretch from No. 18 to No. 6 (Woods started on No. 10) where he went double-double-bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey was as un-Tiger as it gets.

Nobody's better at grinding pars in meaningless rounds than he is but it just wasn't there on Saturday.

The overreaction will be that he's done or his career -- this is always the overreaction -- but the reality is that he's the No. 1 player in the world by a wide margin and coming off a year in which he won five events.

Let's give this some time to play out before we eulogize his 2014 season.

Or at least until his next round.

http://imgur.com/H2IraEI.jpg

Edited by goose

Was that Phil?

The 79 tied Woods' record for second-worst round as a pro with a 79 he shot at the 2013 Memorial and a 79 he shot in 2010 at Quail Hollow.

Woods "politely declined" an interview with CBS after his round but you know he had to be seething after the way he played. I joked on Friday that he'd be on his jet to Dubai before Jordan Spieth hoisted the trophy on Sunday. He might be on it before Spieth completes his round on Saturday.

That stretch from No. 18 to No. 6 (Woods started on No. 10) where he went double-double-bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey was as un-Tiger as it gets.

Nobody's better at grinding pars in meaningless rounds than he is but it just wasn't there on Saturday.

The overreaction will be that he's done or his career -- this is always the overreaction -- but the reality is that he's the No. 1 player in the world by a wide margin and coming off a year in which he won five events.

True. Let the over reaction begin........

Was that Phil?

True. Let the over reaction begin........

He did finish birdie-par-par. Silver lining.

Tiger's only missed nine cuts in his entire career. This one doesn't count as a missed cut, but rather a made cut, did not finish.

Spieth, Woodland and Leishman in the final group (yawn). If I needed to mow the grass I would still do it today........ :)

Spieth, Woodland and Leishman in the final group (yawn). If I needed to mow the grass I would still do it today........ :)

If you'd like you can shovel my driveway in the -45 degree wind chill weather. I probably won't watch either; if I do it will be for the scenery and not the golf.

If you'd like you can shovel my driveway in the -45 degree wind chill weather. I probably won't watch either; if I do it will be for the scenery and not the golf.

:laughing guy: I forgot that some people have snow.... :laughing guy:

I am enjoying the final round, it's golf, the lead and contenders are changing hole by hole... right now Trevor Immelman is in the lead, with Kegan Bradley charging... Chuckie III sticks is contending... it's everyone's tournament to win...

If I were snowbound I would probably watch. I just finished watching professional bowling. That gives me the idea that I am not that interested in these guys. Immelman; Definition; paint drying......... :)