Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

Daly will implode although I hope he doesn't. That tourney needs some juice and he could provide it over the weekend... :)

Daly squeaked in under the cut line and will play the weekend.

I'm a PGA addict but even I am finding this tournament challenging to watch... I'll probably be watching the football games today instead.

I happened to catch him finishing up at 9. He doesn't look to good to me. :huh: Unfortunately today will likely be the day for meltdown....

Daly will implode although I hope he doesn't. That tourney needs some juice and he could provide it over the weekend... :)

I'm a PGA addict but even I am finding this tournament challenging to watch... I'll probably be watching the football games today instead.

I happened to catch him finishing up at 9. He doesn't look to good to me. :huh: Unfortunately today will likely be the day for meltdown....

I'll be watching football, for sure. This is the only time of the season I do watch the NFL...complete games, anyway. Just finished making Cole Slaw, and we'll cook up some Reubens at half time. :drool:

I'll be watching football, for sure. This is the only time of the season I do watch the NFL...complete games, anyway. Just finished making Cole Slaw, and we'll cook up some Reubens at half time. :drool:

Except for the Chiefs, right?

• Like 1

Ouch....

Ouch....

No ouch, it was an oversight, I'm sure... ;)

Jerry Kelly is on the move. Always really liked him and his game. I would love to see him win this one. It would be a popular victory on the tour as well. He's not getting any younger but is getting "cooler" if that is possible..... :)

John Daly shot 6 under today, he sits at 7 under total.... JD is surprising so far after 3 rounds.

I'm ok with Jerry Kelly winning, but I'd love for Zack to make it back to back or I want Retief to win...

I knew Chris Kirk would have a big year. I should have predicted it before the TOC. Last year he was showing up on leaderboards seemingly every week and then won. He and his game are boring as hell but he has been coming on for a year now.... :)

Ouch....

No ouch, it was an oversight, I'm sure... ;)

Yes...yes...except for my beloved Chiefs, which I watch religiously! :unsure:

I knew Chris Kirk would have a big year. I should have predicted it before the TOC. Last year he was showing up on leaderboards seemingly every week and then won. He and his game are boring as hell but he has been coming on for a year now.... :)

In golf, boring is good. As for Daly... :scared:

http://golfweek.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/croppedphotos/2014/01/11/John-Daly-Sony-Open-Injury_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Elbow issues creeping up again...

It was only his third hole of the day, and Daly stood 1 under for the round and 5 under for the tournament, but his good play would not continue.

The jolt to the elbow produced swelling where four pins were inserted. From that point on, Daly's day was on a wild, roller-coaster ride that produced two double bogeys, three bogeys, one eagle and two birdies.

“I just couldn't stop hitting duck hooks,” Daly said. “Thank God I putted good.”

Daly had 22 putts plus a chip-in on the 18th hole for eagle.

Edited by goose

How about Jimmy Walker? He had 5 top 10 finishes last year, raked in $2.1 million, and is off to a great season so far. He currently ranks 2nd overall in the FedEx hunt! (Is it too early to be talking FedEx?)

How about Jimmy Walker? He had 5 top 10 finishes last year, raked in $2.1 million, and is off to a great season so far. He currently ranks 2nd overall in the FedEx hunt! (Is it too early to be talking FedEx?)

He can golf?

Who knew????

Jimmie-Walker.jpg

• Like 1

He can golf?

Who knew????

Jimmie-Walker.jpg

I hope to see that gag here a lot this year. I don't have golf channel ( :rage: ). Do that say "Dy-no-mite" when talking about Walker? How could you not?

He can golf?

Who knew????

Jimmie-Walker.jpg

I hope to see that gag here a lot this year. I don't have golf channel ( :rage: ). Do that say "Dy-no-mite" when talking about Walker? How could you not?

:)

It's on the DirecTV regular package (I think it's the second level, just above basic.)

He can golf?

Who knew????

Jimmie-Walker.jpg

No Golf Channel? Ouch. Jimmy Walker is a possibility to have a great 2014. I don't see it however. I think he will continue to remain steady and a top 10/20 machine. There is just something missing in his game and he is no youngster any more..

Still early but Daly and Goosen heading the wrong way. Thurston Howell 3 and Adam Scott going the right way. Go Jerry Kelly... :)

Kid Dyn-o-mite is taking the bull by the horns and looking good. Goose looks to be on the mark on this one.... :)
  • Like 1

JJ Walker (63) wins it and nobody loses it really. Jerry Kelly and Chris Kirk with great finishes.... Can't wait for the real tourney's to begin.... :)
  • Like 1

JJ Walker (63) wins it and nobody loses it really. Jerry Kelly and Chris Kirk with great finishes.... Can't wait for the real tourney's to begin.... :)

63? Nice number! Way to go Jimmy!

http://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/jimmy-walker-wins-sony-open-final-round-63

HONOLULU -- Jimmy Walker went seven years and 187 tournaments before he finally won on the PGA Tour. Now he seems to have it figured out.

Walker pulled away from the pack with three straight birdies on the back nine of Waialae on Sunday and closed with a 7-under 63 to win the Sony Open for his second tour victory in his last six starts.

"It took me a long time to do it," Walker said. "I felt very calm and controlled. That's what you've got to feel and do when it's time to win. It's easy to say, hard to do. But today was awesome. Really cool golf."

This wasn't easy.

The final round was so tight there was a five-way tie for the lead with two hours remaining.

Walker's big run began with a 12-foot par on the 14th hole. One shot behind Harris English, Walker rolled in a 15-foot birdie putt on the 15th hole, and took the outright lead when English -- behind him in the final group -- failed to save par from a bunker.

Walker made a 7-foot birdie putt on the 16th, and stuck his tee shot into 6 feet for birdie on the par-3 17th. A par on the last hole made him wait just a little bit longer.

Always great to see a grinder finally put it all together and get on a run!

• Like 1

Can't wait for the real tourney's to begin.... :)

me too... I have a cold and fell asleep last night so I missed the last couple of hours.

What do you think of the field at this week's tournament? I heard Woods won't be playing until next week at Torrey Pines.

me too... I have a cold and fell asleep last night so I missed the last couple of hours.

What do you think of the field at this week's tournament? I heard Woods won't be playing until next week at Torrey Pines.

I have always disliked that event. A birdie fest all spread out all over the place. I disliked the Bob Hope. Don't like any of these types of events, Pro-Ams etc. I prefer to watch top line players playing golf. Hitting shots and putts without the horsesh*t... :)
  • Like 1

I have always disliked that event. A birdie fest all spread out all over the place. I disliked the Bob Hope. Don't like any of these types of events, Pro-Ams etc. I prefer to watch top line players playing golf. Hitting shots and putts without the horsesh*t... :)

I went to the Bob Hope as a kid, so I have a soft spot for that tourney.

I went to the Bob Hope as a kid, so I have a soft spot for that tourney.

I always liked those early season tournaments (the Crosby, Hope, Andy Williams San Diego Open, etc.) Maybe it was just because it was so nice there and not so much where I was.

I also loved the ABC theme music for their coverage.

• Like 1