Official 2014 PGA Tour Thread

RushCanuck

I happen to be watching the golf channel right now. Holly. Sonders. 'Nuff said.

Holly is scheduled to compete at the Humana Challenge this week - one of those tournaments where amateurs/celebrities compete with the players. The tee times from PGATOUR.COM says she will be golfing with John Daly and Jesper Parnevik.

I see Mickelson, McIlroy, Stenson, Donald, Kaymer, Harrington etc are all playing at the Abu Dhabi this week.

I happen to be watching the golf channel right now. Holly. Sonders. 'Nuff said.

Holly is scheduled to compete at the Humana Challenge this week - one of those tournaments where amateurs/celebrities compete with the players. The tee times from PGATOUR.COM says she will be golfing with John Daly and Jesper Parnevik.

I see Mickelson, McIlroy, Stenson, Donald, Kaymer, Harrington etc are all playing at the Abu Dhabi this week.

Holly does nothing for me. I would rather watch Abu Dhabi this week. With Eldrick not playing it makes it tough to go nuts for either one.... :)

Swings I'm digging at the moment:

1. Duffner. He's not an athletic freak like Tigs, doesn't have insane natural talent like Phil but he does have that (relatively) flat Hogan swing that even us mere mortals can emulate. I work hard at copying Hogan's moves so watching Duff play is fun. When he's on he splits fairways in half.

2. Oooooosthuizen. Just a mechanically perfect, compact, powerful swing. Boggles my mind he hasn't won & contended on a more regular basis.

3. Adam Scott. Awesomely athletic work of art. I could never, ever copy that swing but damn, dude took Tiger's all-time best 2001 swing and grooved it. I fully expect him to contend & win a major a year for the next 5-7 years.

• Like 2

Holly does nothing for me.

I so totally do not understand this statement.

She doesn't trip my trigger. She is nothing special on the hotness scale. :huh:

3. Adam Scott. Awesomely athletic work of art. I could never, ever copy that swing but damn, dude took Tiger's all-time best 2001 swing and grooved it. I fully expect him to contend & win a major a year for the next 5-7 years.

I'd love to see Scott win a major a year. His putting is sometimes unpredictable and holds him back. He's going to be impacted when they ban anchored putting, isn't he?.

Swings I'm digging at the moment:

1. Duffner. He's not an athletic freak like Tigs, doesn't have insane natural talent like Phil but he does have that (relatively) flat Hogan swing that even us mere mortals can emulate. I work hard at copying Hogan's moves so watching Duff play is fun. When he's on he splits fairways in half.

2. Oooooosthuizen. Just a mechanically perfect, compact, powerful swing. Boggles my mind he hasn't won & contended on a more regular basis.

Chad Campbell had or has the Hogan swing too. Where is he? I am a big Dufner fan however. When he tapped his wife's ass lovingly after the PGA win he sealed the deal with me. Way cool... :)

Holly does nothing for me.

I so totally do not understand this statement.

She doesn't trip my trigger. She is nothing special on the hotness scale. :huh:

Fathom this, I do not.

I don't get it? :huh: You dig her I am guessing... :)

Hey Narpet, living in Myrtle Beach must be quite the treat for a golfer. Got your choice of high quality courses there. There's like, what, a thousand courses there now?

There are plenty of courses to choose from here for sure. I cannot play anymore but when I moved here in 2000 I played alot of golf. I have played many of the courses in the area for sure. I played more golf in Maryland where I am from than anywhere else... :)

Patrick Reed off the chain... 63 63 = -18 :cheers:

Crazy pair of rounds. Granted, they aren't the toughest courses in the world (three of the easiest they'll play on the PGA this year), but -18 at the end of two rounds is damn solid golf!

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/story/24412378/patrick-reed-shoots-another-63-leads-humana-challenge

Before Patrick Reed earned his PGA Tour card in December 2012, he successfully Monday-qualified for six events and made 12 starts that year.

That experience, with wife Justine at his side as his caddie, has come in handy in the first two rounds of the Humana Challenge.

''For sure,'' Reed said. ''It's a birdiefest, this tournament is. ... It's pretty easy to get in that Monday-qualifying mindset, due to the fact that you're playing three different courses. So, the first day, it's like, `All right, well, let's see how we do against the guys in my course there.' And the same thing every day.''

A day after shooting a 9-under 63 at PGA West's Arnold Palmer Private Course to take the lead, Reed had another 9-under 63 down the road Friday at tree-lined La Quinta Country Club to stretch his advantage to two strokes over Brendon Todd.

''It's great to have that feeling that you can go out and shoot 63,'' said Reed, the Wyndham Championship winner in August. ''And to actually do it two times in a row shows that what we have done during the offseason and what we're doing now is working.''

I've played LaQuinta. Fun track! I think I snap-hooked a drive there and broke a roof tile, as I recall. :D I've also played PGA West's Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament courses. Also very nice.

Patrick Reed off the chain... 63 63 = -18 :cheers::cheers:

Reed's score after 3 rounds = -27. 63 63 63. He's running away with it.

Thought I heard some of Spirit of the Radio playing when they went for the last commercial. :rush:

Thought I heard some of Spirit of the Radio playing when they went for the last commercial. :rush:

:cheers: Edited by Narpet

Shot of the day at Humana has to be Holly Sonders approach shot being closer than Snedeker's :drool:

Man, that's a crazy score.

Shot of the day at Humana has to be Holly Sonders approach shot being closer than Snedeker's :drool:

Here you go. Lap it up: http://www.golfdiges...-challenge.html

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/assets_c/2014/01/blog-holly-sonders-caddie-thumb-470x301-110218.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I am watching the telecast on replay (Saturday's play) on the Golf Channel. What a bore fest.... :codger:
  • Like 1

I am watching the telecast on replay (Saturday's play) on the Golf Channel. What a bore fest.... :codger:

It's usually a pretty dull tourney. When guys are going that low, there's no drama.
  • Like 2

Here you go. Lap it up: http://www.golfdiges...-challenge.html

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/assets_c/2014/01/blog-holly-sonders-caddie-thumb-470x301-110218.jpg

Now that's a girl that keeps here head down during a perfect stroke:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/6ab2e69a41c28f60e6ee52b4ef145020_zpsd25e6da9.jpg

Edited by alphseeker

Now I'm wondering how he'll sleep tonite. You'd think he'd sleep like a baby, but who wants to be known as the guy who set the 54-hole scoring record and went on to blow a 7-stroke lead?
  • Like 1

Watching golf and football back and forth. Golf is a real snooze fest. Reed steady and should win. Can't wait for some real golf next week..... :cheers: Edited by Narpet