Have you ever...?

theanalogmiddleagedman

...been listening to a Rush song and thought "this is the greatest f'ing song ever!" and then the next song comes on and you think the same thing?

I've been having it happen to me watching the CA DVD (not that it hasn't ever happened before).

The most recent songs that made me think that were ending the DVD with 2112 Finale (gives me chills all the time ) and then restarting with Subdivisions.

• Like 8

...been listening to a Rush song and thought "this is the greatest f'ing song ever!" and then the next song comes on and you think the same thing?

I've been having it happen to me watching the CA DVD (not that it hasn't ever happened before).

The most recent songs that made me think that were ending the DVD with 2112 Finale (gives me chills all the time ) and then restarting with Subdivisions.

I feel this for every non-eponymous-album song on ATWAS

• Like 1

I think this is bad and I will tell you why.

A while back someone here started a thread asking whether they should keep the string section. That they have enhanced the songs (and they have), and that we now like the songs even more on account of them, means that if Rush doesn't take them along on the next tour, we will be disappointed.

• Like 1

I liked them, they were just too loud in the mix sometimes...

I could go for full back up singers, too, just so that we don't have to have sampled Geddy and Alex pretending he is singing.

I really did feel that way when I bought all the albums hot off the presses from AFTK's to Power Windows. Each song seemed even better than the previous one..... :)

Where would we be if this band never existed??? I don't want to know.

I would be on the Yes fan forum. Someone needs to fill my prog void.

I really did feel that way when I bought all the albums hot off the presses from AFTK's to Power Windows. Each song seemed even better than the previous one..... :)

http://exurbanpedestrian.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/captainhyperbole2.jpg?w=185&h=300
  • Like 1

Where would we be if this band never existed??? I don't want to know.

I would be on the Yes fan forum.

(A great disturbance resonates throughout the TOTO fan universe)