Favorite Rush Album and Favorite Song off that Album....

agubrizbassman

So hard to choose- I always find it difficult to specify a favourite or even a rank, as my favourite Rush song is usually the one I'm listening to at the time! But I think I have to agree with thegirlintherushshirt-

A Farewell to Kings, Xanadu! :D

This was my first favourite, when I was seven! :heart:

Hemispheres. Xanadu. First Rush song I ever heard and still my favorite.

They did Xanadu on that album too? :LOL:

Studio album, I would say....... A Farewell To Kings, Cinderella Man or the title track. Both are majorly special to me... :)

I love Cinderella Man too- have you seen the movie upon which it was based?

• Like 1

So hard to choose- I always find it difficult to specify a favourite or even a rank, as my favourite Rush song is usually the one I'm listening to at the time! But I think I have to agree with thegirlintherushshirt-

Studio album, I would say....... A Farewell To Kings, Cinderella Man or the title track. Both are majorly special to me... :)

I didn't want to break Eaglemoons' chops for that one. We are in a zone lately and I don't want a simple miss step on her part to screw it up. You talking about the boxing movie? I somehow don't think you are... :)
  • Like 1

You talking about the boxing movie? I somehow don't think you are... :)

I was meaning "Mr Deeds Goes To Town" (the original with Gary Cooper, not the 'Mr Deeds' remake which totally ruined the story).This one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0027996/

Geddy watched that, then wrote Cinderella Man,

I was meaning "Mr Deeds Goes To Town" (the original with Gary Cooper, not the 'Mr Deeds' remake which totally ruined the story).This one:

I knew that :blush:

I knew that :blush:

:LOL: When I watched that movie, it put a whole new perspective on the song. So it's worth a watch, for anyone who hasn't seen it of course! ;)

I didn't want to break Eaglemoons' chops for that one. We are in a zone lately and I don't want a simple miss step on her part to screw it up. You talking about the boxing movie? I somehow don't think you are... :)

Geeze Louise, What a mistake to make! I guess I was thinking that Hemispheres is my favorite album but Xanadu is my favorite song. That's my excuse and I'll stick with it. :LOL:

• Like 2

Geeze Louise, What a mistake to make! I guess I was thinking that Hemispheres is my favorite album but Xanadu is my favorite song. That's my excuse and I'll stick with it. :LOL:

It's alright my second choice would have been Natural Science from Moving Pictures.. :P
  • Like 4

It's alright my second choice would have been Natural Science from Moving Pictures.. :P

Works for me. :LOL:

• Like 1

I hate to be so boring, but The Spirit of Radio and Permanent Waves.

Tomorrow I could pick La Villia and Hemispheres.

Too many awesome choices...

I know what you mean, today I'm thinking that The Camera Eye is the greatest thing ever!

• Like 3

Permanent Waves

The Spirit of Radio

To me this is a perfect Rush song. Furious riffs, playing, melodic chorus, great jam bridge, incredible lyrics, just a perfect song.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 4

I hate to be so boring, but The Spirit of Radio and Permanent Waves.

Tomorrow I could pick La Villia and Hemispheres.

Too many awesome choices...

I know what you mean, today I'm thinking that The Camera Eye is the greatest thing ever!

I've been on that kick more often than not since the TM tour.

• Like 2

Permanent Waves

The Spirit of Radio

To me this is a perfect Rush song. Furious riffs, playing, melodic chorus, great jam bridge, incredible lyrics, just a perfect song.

I don't know if there's every been a time where I didn't want to hear that song. It never gets old. Red Barchetta is very similar in that regard.

• Like 3

This is hard, since there is so much good rush stuff.

Because of that, i am going to list multiple favs.

My 2 fav albums are the 2 "classics" - moving pictures and 2112.

My fav songs are tom sawyer, limelight, presentation, the temples of syrinx, red barchetta, and subdivisions.

Now, like i said before, theres so much good rush stuff its hard to dicide one fav. If you wanted me to list all my favs, it would be a REALLY LONG list.

• Like 2