Listmania - Presto is their second best album, 2112 sucks..

BUB

These are just random people spouting their opinions. This guy is no more or less credible than any of us expressing our opinions. I mean, we have all sorts on this forum who have opinions ranging from CoS is best to MP is crap to MP is awesome. They are no different than the guy who posted it. That guy isn't getting a cut per visitor so we can't call it link bait.
  • Like 1

Well if you take randomInternetUser21314s opinion as a guide to things to buy without backing at the very least looking at another source then you have larger issues to worry about than a potentially bad purchase.

It's a list for sure. His review of A Farewell To Kings is on point. Presto was during the dark years for me and I have no real opinion other than that. Needless to say, my list would look nothing like this one............. :codger:

BTW: On most anyone's list, don't A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres have to be close together? Like 2nd and 3rd or 17th and 18th depending on your taste. The fact that they are spread so far tells me everything I need to know about this list........... :boo hiss:

Edited by Narpet

Presto has some great content, just mixed very thin. A remastered Presto could be phenomenal! A very well conceived, melodic album.

you mean remixed. it's been remastered a few times but doesn't help the mix.

and that list was lame.

Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1

Presto has some great content, just mixed very thin. A remastered Presto could be phenomenal! A very well conceived, melodic album.

and that list was lame.

Yes, sorry re-mixed.

I think 2112 is a great album, but it was the beginning of the bands finest era, not their peak.

And Mr. Narpet: I would rank A Farewell To Kings number one, Hemispheres like 8/9. Hemispheres title track just isn't the epic 2112 or Xanadu or Cygnus X-1 are. The second side is flawless.

I would rank GuP in my top five...I need to get the rest now!

Moving Pictures was my introduction to the band, but the similar Permanent Waves is far more spectacular to my ears.

I think its good we all have opinions! I think Power Windows is forgettable and Hold Your Fire is a lot of fun. Caress Of Steel is better than Snakes And Arrows. Snakes And Arrows is still a brilliant album. Clockwork Angels is a masterpiece in need of remixing.

See I think Hemispheres is as epic as it gets. The musicianship on that album is astounding even if you don't consider they were like 26 when they wrote it. Hemispheres is the end all be all of albums for me.

:finbar:

• Like 2

and that list was lame.

Yes, sorry re-mixed.

I think that thinness is a result of primative digital technology used to record it. I think the only Remix we'll see is VT. I recall Alex recently saying it's tempting to remix more of their albums, but it's not going to happen.

• Like 1

So this is a really good list! We all have different opinions on what makes rush such a great band!

Aside from the word awesome. We all have that in common!

and that list was lame.

Yes, sorry re-mixed.

I think that thinness is a result of primative digital technology used to record it. I think the only Remix we'll see is VT. I recall Alex recently saying it's tempting to remix more of their albums, but it's not going to happen.

It's a shame. Presto live had some serious ass and it sounded great! I'm definitely old school - Fly By Night to GUP. Ah, the golden years!

GuP is a piece of legend!

For me, as good as the first three albums are, they really grew with 2112 and then just peaked with the next few albums. Aside from Power Windows, ive been pleased with all the albums I've listened to! My two least faves are PW and the debut. The latter is still really good!

It's hard to take someone's opinion seriously when they don't know what they're talking about.

"Rush's last album where Keyboards were 1 of the main instruments proved to be very solid with its Sci-Fi Lyrics and Heavy Bass. Fave Songs: Distant Early Warning and Red Sector-A"

"last album where Keyboards were 1 of the main instruments"

So Power Windows and Hold Your Fire don't exist?