What Do You Think Rush Should Do on Their Next Tour

agubrizbassman

I do not think they should continue with "An Evening With Rush" thing. Get a decent opener, cut out the stupid videos and put out a solid two-hour show. Mix it up a bit and don't slam all the new stuff into a single dose. I am not convinced that doing so is a great idea.

HEMISPHERES!

All the World's a Stage setlist.

There, I said it!

I'd cry like a baby the whole show if they did either in their entirety!

Or if they did something crazy like Yes did their recent tour and play THREE whole albums!

How about:

AFTK, Hemispheres, and Permanent Waves, with Tom Sawyer as the encore!

I would get very emotional, too..

Any real musician will tell you, it's difficult to give up completely, unless you have very good reason, such as health concerns (Bowie), or have had a bad experience (Kate bush).

If Rush were ever going to pack up and never come back, it would have been after Neil's tragedy. Even that couldn't kill this band

These three lads have been performing together for 40 years, and they're on the top of their game, and there's absolutely no reason to think they won't tiur again. Even if they actually said they were retiring after clockwork angels, which they haven't, it would be hard to believe they could just kick the habit of a lifetime, forever.

Let's not forget, either, these lads are making serous coin too, so I wouldn't worry about then retiring until they actually say they are.

Even then, they would probably come back, just like nearly every band who call it a day.

This.

People always laugh at Kiss or The Who for their never ending Farewell Tours... The fact is, NO musician can ever stop being a musician... (Tell that to Paul McCartney!) It's not like working at some lame office job where they will replace you at 65 with the young aspiring 20 year old just out of college and where you count the days until you get out of that place. Being a musician is what musicians do. It's their whole life, the essence of their whole existence... Sure, one day Geddy may feel like he's had enough, and say "screw it!"... But wait... Since being a musician also means being an emotional person, more than regular people, maybe after 6 months time, or 6 years, or whatever, he might see some cool bass, and start playing some cool riffs on it and go: "Wait a minute! This is cool!"... I should play this to Alex! And what if Neil says "Screw it, I'm done!" Maybe Geddy & Al will (should) say, "Well, too bad for you, we STILL feel like writing and recording, and doing some shows, so we'll just look elsewhere!--Say Hi to that Cactus no one cares about when you drive by it!"... Remember what Geddy did when Neil was unavailable??? Ah yes, he recorded an album "all by his own self"... I'm still sad he never toured on it... Do you honestly think if Neil had stayed "crazy" and never gotten back with the band that Geddy and Al would only see each other for Saturday night BBQs, one week at Geddy's, and one week at Alex's??... I'm pretty certain we would have had some sort of new incarnation of Rush.... Remember, Ged & Al have spent nearly all their lives together... They're like an old married couple.... Like it or not, Neil is still kinda the "Third Wheel"... Ged & Al (Or each on their own) all have their home recording studios, and can make music every second of every day without anyones' help.....

Excuse me, I'm one that cares about that cactus.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed these long shows the past several tours as much as anybody, but it's realistic to expect that they return to a set list length that is shorter.

Thus my suggestions are as follows:

- rehearse 28 songs for the tour, 12 in which would be played every night and 8 that would be played for set list A and the other 8 for set list B

- of these 8 songs, they would be interchangeable so no one loses if they just see one show (Xanadu in place of Natural Science, Red Barchetta in place of Freewill) etc.

Thus we get a slighter shorter show but for those of us who see multiple shows, we would still be treated to a monster set list; ideal for the DVD too.

Either way, I hope the tour happens.

Addressing the "classics" that always get played, I propose this.

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Subdivisions

The Spirit of Radio

Working Man

The final song of set 2, and the two encore songs will be 3 of the above. They will rotate and you never know which 3 you get. This way all the classics are played on the tour, they all end up on the DVD, but more room is allocated each night for less frequently played (and hopefully some new) material. If they play New World Man, and possibly Distant Early Warning, that would assure everyone of hearing at least 4 (or 5) classics per show.

Edited by Slack jaw gaze

Neil should read Clockwork Angels the Novel as Geddy and Alex play Backgound music.

:Alex: :geddy:

Nooooo, Neil's voice lulls me to sleep in minutes, so I'll miss most of the show! :D

• Like 1

Neil should read Clockwork Angels the Novel as Geddy and Alex play Backgound music.

:Alex: :geddy:

Nooooo, Neil's voice lulls me to sleep in minutes, so I'll miss most of the show! :D

What she said... :)
  • Like 2