39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Sport to watch on TV

• Football
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Other

Golf!

I love Baseball. Always have. It is a team sport that also includes direct one-on-one confrontation as well as individual achievment. It is geometric and mathmetical. Each playing field is unique. 9 players per team (even with a DH- 9 fielders, 9 batters), 9 innings per regulation game. 9 is considered a "divine" number because it is the highest single digit number, leading the way to the next level. Baseball is played in the summer when the weather is warm when most other sports begin in the fall. On any given day any player can be a hero and even the greatest players can be a goat. Batting is one of the toughest things to do any where with the best hitters failing more than 2/3 of the time (it's the hard that makes it good). There is no time limit.

I love baseball.

I still play baseball, even at my "advanced" age when professionals my age retire. Because it is that much fun.

I also play golf on occasion.

Football, Basketball, Soccer (The real Football), Hockey, LaCrosse, Foozeball, Tennis, Volleyball, Polo (wet or dry), Jai-alai, and Rugby (and maybe a few others) are all the same game in different dressing. In all of these you defend your end (goal) and with the exception of the volley sports have a time limit.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 29 2004, 11:56 PM)
Hockey, which along with golf deserved to be listed in the poll! tongue.gif

How on Earth could hockey not be included? I mean ya got soccer! For me, there is no other sport. I don't like anything that's got an "out of bounds."

Who made this poll! pokey.gif You forgot the best spectator sport in the world (as mentioned above!!) HOCKEY!!! oops.gif I know its not on right now fists crying.gif but it's still considered a SPORT! nasty.gif

laugh.gif

Archived