• Football
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Other

I like hockey (Av's)

I love football (Saints and LSU)

But I live for Baseball (A's)

The team effort. The individual matchups. The strategies. The stats. The history. Diving catches. Chin music. Johnson's fastball. Zito's curveball. Pujols' bat. Chavez's glove. Edmonds climbing the wall. McGwire at Fenway for the Home-Run derby. Double headers. Extra innings. Pudge holding on to the ball.

To me, it doesn't get any better.

QUOTE (By-Tor.com @ Nov 25 2004, 11:56 PM)
I like hockey (Av's)

I love football (Saints and LSU)

But I live for Baseball (A's)

The team effort. The individual matchups. The strategies. The stats. The history. Diving catches. Chin music. Johnson's fastball. Zito's curveball. Pujols' bat. Chavez's glove. Edmonds climbing the wall. McGwire at Fenway for the Home-Run derby. Double headers. Extra innings. Pudge holding on to the ball.

To me, it doesn't get any better.

Well said. Baseball is just amazing. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Baseball, then football, then hockey.

There is no sport that matches proper soccer (football everywhere else in the world) for passion and excitement.

NFL - rugby for girls

Hockey - Ice Skating

Basketball - Girls Netball

Baseball - rounders

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Dec 8 2004, 02:57 PM)
There is no sport that matches proper soccer (football everywhere else in the world) for passion and excitement.

NFL - rugby for girls
Hockey - Ice Skating
Baseball - rounders

tongue.gif

Have not seen American basketball lately have you eh? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Dec 8 2004, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Dec 8 2004, 02:57 PM)

NFL - rugby for girls
Hockey - Ice Skating
Baseball - rounders

tongue.gif

Have not seen American basketball lately have you eh? laugh.gif

Anything can be improved by a bit of audience participation. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Oct 17 2007, 07:36 PM)
This poll also shows how much hockey really has declined in the US.

Hockey's never could appeal to American's. Back in the days of the Original Six, it was about the only time hockey was strong in America. Once football & basketball came into being, hockey was no longer considered.

If you think about it, basketball, baseball, football are all sports that someone with little or no athletic ability can at least try. Hockey is not one of those. This means that American's can't really scream at the TV telling people he can do it better than Hasek or Brodeur.....

That's the reason soccer isn't huge yet but I can see it rising over hockey as well.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 17 2007, 11:15 PM)

Hockey's never could appeal to American's. Back in the days of the Original Six, it was about the only time hockey was strong in America. Once football & basketball came into being, hockey was no longer considered.

If you think about it, basketball, baseball, football are all sports that someone with little or no athletic ability can at least try. Hockey is not one of those. This means that American's can't really scream at the TV telling people he can do it better than Hasek or Brodeur.....

That's the reason soccer isn't huge yet but I can see it rising over hockey as well.

Yeah, but I would say even moreso after the lockout.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Oct 17 2007, 11:19 PM)

Most American's probably didn't even know they had a lock-out.... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 18 2007, 01:24 PM)

That's true. laugh.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Oct 18 2007, 01:27 PM)

That's true. laugh.gif

Trust me, I live in the USA & I love the country but when sports are involved, the mentality gets lost. Baseball....yeah, only the Yankees make my stupidity rise.....It's that hate factor that makes you rage.gif

The rest of baseball, no problem....Hockey, I hate the Habs too but most of the time, I'm angry with the poor ref'ing....

Remember when Zednik got his clock cleaned by a mistaken McLaren in the playoffs? Theodore always outplayed the B's after that. Even to this day, I think Theodore was so emotional about that moment, that he can't play any other team as well.....

There are so many countries that love hockey. America is not one of them. They are forcing the game into this stupid 'elite' game. There is no such thing. Much like baseball, basketball, & football are not either. Skill is important but I found that the US markets are about as dumb as they come. Leave the damn game alone & bring back the 5-on-5 in OT & lose the shootout! Worst idea in the world that the AHL ok'd with the NHL stupidly agreeing..... 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Oct 18 2007, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Oct 18 2007, 01:27 PM)

That's true. laugh.gif

Trust me, I live in the USA & I love the country but when sports are involved, the mentality gets lost. Baseball....yeah, only the Yankees make my stupidity rise.....It's that hate factor that makes you rage.gif

The rest of baseball, no problem....Hockey, I hate the Habs too but most of the time, I'm angry with the poor ref'ing....

Remember when Zednik got his clock cleaned by a mistaken McLaren in the playoffs? Theodore always outplayed the B's after that. Even to this day, I think Theodore was so emotional about that moment, that he can't play any other team as well.....

There are so many countries that love hockey. America is not one of them. They are forcing the game into this stupid 'elite' game. There is no such thing. Much like baseball, basketball, & football are not either. Skill is important but I found that the US markets are about as dumb as they come. Leave the damn game alone & bring back the 5-on-5 in OT & lose the shootout! Worst idea in the world that the AHL ok'd with the NHL stupidly agreeing..... 062802puke_prv.gif

It's not going to happen when you have 24 franchises in the US. I realize they have a lot more money, but I would like to see at least 10 Canadian teams.

Archived