So...Clockwork Angels Tour on DVD/Blu-ray?

Alchemical

I actually kind of want it to come out later because I'd love to get it for my dad for Christmas. If it comes out earlier, I'll be too eager to watch it. Or I'll end up watching it and then have to get my dad something else :P.

I actually kind of want it to come out later because I'd love to get it for my dad for Christmas. If it comes out earlier, I'll be too eager to watch it. Or I'll end up watching it and then have to get my dad something else :P.

I hope you find something good for your Dad. Don't want to wait till Christmas. ;)

• Like 1

I'm hoping the reason it's taking them a bit longer to release the dvd is that there will be some bonus clips of the shows in Halifax (feat. the Trailer Park Boys), Red Deer and Sweden Rock Festival added to the mix.

They didn't play Halifax on the Vapor Trails tour. They shot outdoor scenes for TPB in Halifax and the show clips in Toronto at their concert at the Air Canada Center.

I believe the delay in announcing the DVD has to do with HBO. The timing will probably be up to them since they will be showing the premiere. I believe that HBO became interested entirely by the fan reaction at the HoF ceremony. There is no way HBO picks up rights to that concert without that kind of fan reaction. A certain number of Rush fans will purchase an HBO subscription, and I think that's the epiphany that they had.

I believe the RR HoF had a similar epiphany and the loyal fan base is no small reason Rush was inducted. It's good for business. By issuing the (small) discount coupon to Rush fans, they can track the effect a Rush induction has on them very accurately.

I doubt HBO will show the whole concert. The Dvd/Blu Ray will probably be released before the HBO premiere.

That's what i think, because showing on TV before the released could kill sales.

Time Machine was shown on VH1 Classic before the DVD released. Showing a good chunk of the concert on TV helps drive sales not hurt sales.

Running one hour of the S&A concert on DirecTV a few years back caused me not only to buy that DVD, but to purchase the entire Rush catalog and some concert tickets. It's a two hour commercial for the band.

Edited by Slack jaw gaze

Time Machine was shown on VH1 Classic before the DVD released. Showing a good chunk of the concert on TV helps drive sales not hurt sales.

Running one hour of the S&A concert on DirecTV a few years back caused me not only to buy that DVD, but to purchase the entire Rush catalog and some concert tickets. It's a two hour commercial for the band.

Oh yes i forgot VH1 Classic, you're right, what's could hurt or help sales depend on what sides you're looking at things. For me i would still want the whole concert and the best possible picture, which on HBO we can't have. It could hurt sales, possibly only for those who are not the biggest Rush fans and have some hesitations on buying the DVD.

Oh yes i forgot VH1 Classic, you're right, what's could hurt or help sales depend on what sides you're looking at things. For me i would still want the whole concert and the best possible picture, which on HBO we can't have. It could hurt sales, possibly only for those who are not the biggest Rush fans and have some hesitations on buying the DVD.

If they have hesitations on buying the DVD, the concert should win them over. If it doesn't, then it isn't worth their time

Finally...

I knew it was coming, at least we'll have it before Xmas but still an 8 week wait!

Hope they add Middletown Dreams etc from Phoenix on the live CD.

I wrote to them asking if they could add other live tracks.