New post tour entry from Neil!

Puppyloo

Gives me hope to see Neil smile and let his hair down a bit more, even though he wouldn't even give me a friendly biker nod back in 2010. Left me in the dust that beautiful fall day! Good thing my Hayabusa was taking a nap :)

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/9papaya/Hayabusa2010.jpg

Is that why you are so bitter? You think that sucked, try taking your $50.00 a year I (heart) Geddy license plate to two shows, sit in the first four rows, and have Geddy just look at you like "honey, please." while you watch him smile and laugh at the signs your friends a few rows over are holding.

Yeah, do that and tell me you don't feel like your heart has been ripped out, thrown on the ground, and stomped over-and-over by a cheap pair of Converse.

I am a guy and I had Geddy wink at me once(front row seats) because I was wearing a Montreal Expos cap. I didn't want the wink but it was cool he acknowledged me. If I could give you my wink from Ged I would:) Sometimes I think it's better if we don't have interaction with our idols. I would have killed to meet Neil back in the day but I probably would have been doomed to disappointment if I did. Was you just holding up the plate or were you yelling stuff at Ged as well?

Goob, as per your previous requests, you can read this one. Neil talks about, like, Rush and stuff. And the Rush stuff is in the beginning, so you won't have to look too hard for it. Clearly, Neil wrote this one for YOU.

ok, so i've tried twice now. i love so many of his lyrics, but as a writer i find him so soul crushingly f*cking boring that i find myself drifting off after a couple of sentences. can someone PLEASE give me a brief synopsis of any pertinent rush related news? :huh: :unsure:

I was surprised to read that Neil cries so easily.

Really? After what he's been through.

I just finished reading Ghost Rider, the guy has cried buckets and still has a tender heart :(

can someone PLEASE give me a brief synopsis of any pertinent rush related news? :huh: :unsure:

They will probably never play Red Rocks or Hollywood Bowl again because their video gear won't fit.

He had some great rides between concerts and posted pictures too

I just finished reading Ghost Rider, the guy has cried buckets and still has a tender heart :(

Awesome, awesome book. Neil seems to be a very sensitive guy. What he doesn't say in his lyrics, he says in his books. I've always found it fascinating that the most reclusive of the guys is the most open and revealing in print. Apparently that's the way he feels comfortable expressing himself. I can't ever see Geddy writing out his experiences like this. To me, he seems the most stolid of the three.

• Like 4

Goob, as per your previous requests, you can read this one. Neil talks about, like, Rush and stuff. And the Rush stuff is in the beginning, so you won't have to look too hard for it. Clearly, Neil wrote this one for YOU.

ok, so i've tried twice now. i love so many of his lyrics, but as a writer i find him so soul crushingly f*cking boring that i find myself drifting off after a couple of sentences. can someone PLEASE give me a brief synopsis of any pertinent rush related news? :huh: :unsure:

Peartinent Rush-related news? :huh: :LOL:

Good one!

Good one!

Um, they had a great time. They may do it again. They bowled. Neil rode his bike. A lot. End of.

Gives me hope to see Neil smile and let his hair down a bit more, even though he wouldn't even give me a friendly biker nod back in 2010. Left me in the dust that beautiful fall day! Good thing my Hayabusa was taking a nap :)

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/9papaya/Hayabusa2010.jpg

Ahhhh.... is that why you are the way you are? Nick(KT etc) is similarly embittered. Just curious.

Awesome, awesome book. Neil seems to be a very sensitive guy. What he doesn't say in his lyrics, he says in his books. I've always found it fascinating that the most reclusive of the guys is the most open and revealing in print. Apparently that's the way he feels comfortable expressing himself. I can't ever see Geddy writing out his experiences like this. To me, he seems the most stolid of the three.

You said it - the most reclusive and stand-offish one seems to be the most sensitive and vulnerable. And I find it intriguing that he would reveal himself the way he does. Lyrics are one thing. You can always pass them off. But, he has chosen to reveal himself in other ways as well. I must get his book. I'll put it on my Rush Wish List. Which is getting rather long.

• Like 1

Good one!

Um, they had a great time. They may do it again. They bowled. Neil rode his bike. A lot. End of.

That'll do it. Thanks! :cheers:

Good one!

That'll do it. Thanks! :cheers:

I guess monotone would be a good description of his writing lol. I won't say much though since I stink.

Geddy's too much of a hipster to show any deep emotion. Too busy playing it cool.

Oxymoron - ic

And no, you're a seemingly grown man read the f***ing thing yourself.

Great read. It's fantastic that they are still so excited and emotionally invested in what they do.

I consider Clockwork Angels to be Rush's modern masterpeice (my opinion, not really concerned with defending it) and this tour was easily one of the most exciting I have seen.

I saw no indication in this essay that the band was ready to hang it up. Quite the contrary.

I think both the band and us fans can use a good, long break before another album and tour - but it's almost inevitable.

They still have plenty of rocket sauce ;)

• Like 3

Yes. Really.

Shy people are very emotional.

Yes. I happen to share a lot of personality traits with Neil and all through my life, mostly in my younger years, I've always had people look at me like I was stuck-up or rude.

Most people need human interaction but when they encounter a shy introvert they get uncomfortable because they don't get that interaction so they write off that person as a "dick"

Neil said it himself "extroverts don't understand introverts" and they never will. I'm sure Neil shares so much in print because he CAN'T share they way most people do.. I always wished he would write more on this topic so some people would get it.

• Like 4

Oxymoron - ic

Technically, that's not an oxymoron, because the notion of Neil being soul-crushingly boring as a writer doesn't directly contradict the notion of loving many of his lyrics, but I understand what you're getting at. So for the sake of clarity, I will insert the words "of prose" after the phrase "as a writer," and agree with the substance of Goober's statement :yes:

Edited by GeddysMullet

Oxymoron - ic

Technically, that's not an oxymoron, because the notion of Neil being soul-crushingly boring as a writer doesn't directly contradict the notion of loving many of his lyrics, but I understand what you're getting at. So for the sake of clarity, I will insert the words "of prose" after the phrase "as a writer," and agree with the substance of Goober's statement :yes:

Man, you know it's down-time in Rush land when the topic at hand is "spoon feeding" Rush highlights to a guy called Goober LOL

Oxymoron - ic

yeah mullet clarified it, should have said his prose writing, but i figured people would get what i meant.

as for the synopsis i was looking for, ha&s was kind enough to give it to me: "Um, they had a great time. They may do it again. They bowled. Neil rode his bike. A lot. End of." that was all i needed. i guess next time i won't expect you to be the one to help. :P

you seem angry for some reason. :huh:

Edited by rushgoober