Random facts about YOU! Let's hear 'em.

hobo73

I'm listening to YES...

:sundog:

There is a Yes song that I haven't heard in ages that I can't find on Rhapsody, iTunes or Amazon. It's called "I am waiting". Very beautiful.

I'm listening to YES...

There is a Yes song that I haven't heard in ages that I can't find on Rhapsody, iTunes or Amazon. It's called "I am waiting". Very beautiful.

That's from the 1994 Talk album. :) :cheers: :hi:

• Like 1

I saw Johnny Bench break the Major League record for most career home runs by a catcher. There was much rejoicing....!!! :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

I'm listening to YES...

That's from the 1994 Talk album. :) :cheers: :hi:

I used to smoke pot every day and took just about every other drug I could get my hands on and drank like a fish. One night I did way too much Amanita Muscaria and tripped so hard that I became convinced I was God which was kind of strange because I was an atheist. After I got mostly straight I went outside and my eyes were so dilated that I could see the edge of the Milky Way quite clearly. God and I are now close friends and I never did another drug after that, but I still drink too much.

I'm friends with Ernest Tubb's nephew and Johnny Cash's sister.

My wife used to get me to come onto the psych ward where she was a nurse so they could practice restraint holds on me. They never could hold me.

My son died in 1985. I have another son and a daughter, but I am never sure what to tell people when they ask me how many children I have.

I invited Ronald Reagan to my high school graduation. He didn't show up, but I got a nice note back.

I've chickened out of at least three Rush concert meet-ups because I don't like to introduce myself.

I nearly drowned when I was 16.

I have two tattoos.

I worry that even though I am a believer that I won't be good enough to get into Heaven.

I would mention that my wife drives a pink car, but I already posted pictures of it.

I have to stop now or I'll tell something I'm not supposed to even though it's been over twenty years and I doubt the Navy would come after me for revealing secrets at this point.

I'm really sorry about your son! I don't know how it feels to have been through that.

For five years straight I smoked pot just about every day and soaked alcoholic beverages like sand in the deserts soak up water. I haven't smoked my last joint yet. I once took LSA and had both a terrifying and amazing trip at the same time. I now know what it's like to lose any sense of identity, and thus learned so much about myself. I don't regret any of it.

Why shouldn't you be good enough for Heaven? :). If God created us in His own image why wouldn't we be good enough?

I may be reading too much into your post, but don't be too hard on your self :)

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

I used to smoke pot every day and took just about every other drug I could get my hands on and drank like a fish. One night I did way too much Amanita Muscaria and tripped so hard that I became convinced I was God which was kind of strange because I was an atheist. After I got mostly straight I went outside and my eyes were so dilated that I could see the edge of the Milky Way quite clearly. God and I are now close friends and I never did another drug after that, but I still drink too much.

My wife used to get me to come onto the psych ward where she was a nurse so they could practice restraint holds on me. They never could hold me.

My son died in 1985. I have another son and a daughter, but I am never sure what to tell people when they ask me how many children I have.

I invited Ronald Reagan to my high school graduation. He didn't show up, but I got a nice note back.

I've chickened out of at least three Rush concert meet-ups because I don't like to introduce myself.

I have two tattoos.

I worry that even though I am a believer that I won't be good enough to get into Heaven.

I would mention that my wife drives a pink car, but I already posted pictures of it.

I have to stop now or I'll tell something I'm not supposed to even though it's been over twenty years and I doubt the Navy would come after me for revealing secrets at this point.

I'm really sorry about your son! I don't know how it feels to have been through that.

For five years straight I smoked pot just about every day and soaked alcoholic beverages like sand in the deserts soak up water. I haven't smoked my last joint yet. I once took LSA and had both a terrifying and amazing trip at the same time. I now know what it's like to lose any sense of identity, and thus learned so much about myself. I don't regret any of it.

Why shouldn't you be good enough for Heaven? :). If God created us in His own image why wouldn't we be good enough?

I like your reply :)

I don't regret "dabbling in various substances" growing up. I had my reasons. I'm not justifying drugs- but I had my reasons.

I took shrooms once, and if I'm being perfectly honest, I do plan on doing them again. It was stunningly beautiful. Neon grass underneath the moonlight, purple leaves on the trees, and cartoons were absolutely hilarious! lol :P

Also, yes- I used to be too hard on myself. What for? You are definitely good enough. Just the fact that it worries you tells me you're good enough.

• Like 1

My right front tooth is a crown because of a biking accident.

OMG...my right front tooth is a "fake" with a gold post because of a fall on an ice pond in grade school.

Both my fronts are fake...I've broken them five different times. 1) three years old, running after my sisters down the driveway. Tripped, fell, hit my face, broke my teeth. 2) Riding the school bus, leaning forward chatting with a mate. Bus hit a bump slinging my head forward into the metal backing of the seat in front of me. Broke both teeth. 3) Swimming at the neighbor's with my eyes closed, I looked up to see where I was & swam right into the edge of the pool. Broke both teeth. 4) Pushing a friend on his Big Wheel. I had him flying at top speed when he veered into a bush, stopping short. I sailed over him and hit the handlebars, breaking off both teeth. 5) Little League practice, my friend was tossing pebbles. Jokingly, he tossed one my direction and...yes...it hit me right in the tooth, breaking it off.

I saw Johnny Bench break the Major League record for most career home runs by a catcher. There was much rejoicing....!!! :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

I met Johnny Bench in a strip club. Also much rejoicing.

• Like 1

Which one of you was stripping? No, wait......don't answer that......

Which one of you was stripping? No, wait......don't answer that......

Johnny is amused! http://www.baseballauthor.com/images/johnny-bench.jpg

• Like 1

I have two tattoos.

I like your reply :)

I don't regret "dabbling in various substances" growing up. I had my reasons. I'm not justifying drugs- but I had my reasons.

I took shrooms once, and if I'm being perfectly honest, I do plan on doing them again. It was stunningly beautiful. Neon grass underneath the moonlight, purple leaves on the trees, and cartoons were absolutely hilarious! lol :P

Also, yes- I used to be too hard on myself. What for? You are definitely good enough. Just the fact that it worries you tells me you're good enough.

And I like yours ;)

As one might already have guessed, I'm not entirely against drugs. Well, I don't like hard drugs but I think pot should be legalized. My view on it is very much the same as late Bill Hicks' - I'm not promoting it but I'm not denying it. This topic could very quickly escalate to something political, so I'll leave this subject at that :)

A random fact about me: I share an apartment with two other men and I like my room. There's not much but I enjoy everything I got in life, and I feel free :)

• Like 1

OMG...my right front tooth is a "fake" with a gold post because of a fall on an ice pond in grade school.

Both my fronts are fake...I've broken them five different times. 1) three years old, running after my sisters down the driveway. Tripped, fell, hit my face, broke my teeth. 2) Riding the school bus, leaning forward chatting with a mate. Bus hit a bump slinging my head forward into the metal backing of the seat in front of me. Broke both teeth. 3) Swimming at the neighbor's with my eyes closed, I looked up to see where I was & swam right into the edge of the pool. Broke both teeth. 4) Pushing a friend on his Big Wheel. I had him flying at top speed when he veered into a bush, stopping short. I sailed over him and hit the handlebars, breaking off both teeth. 5) Little League practice, my friend was tossing pebbles. Jokingly, he tossed one my direction and...yes...it hit me right in the tooth, breaking it off.

I cracked this one tooth multiple times before a crown was put on. I cracked like a 1/3 of it off, didn't hit the nerve. Parents put on a veneer. Knocked that off playing ball with my brother. Got it fixed and the very next day, chasing my cousins at my grandparents house, they ran thru a room, tried closing the door behind them, caught me in the face and knocked out the veneer. Parents were not happy. That one lasted until I was 22-23 and I knocked it out bringing a bottle of beer to my lips too quickly :LOL:

Went with a crown after that.

• Like 1

I cracked this one tooth multiple times before a crown was put on. I cracked like a 1/3 of it off, didn't hit the nerve. Parents put on a veneer. Knocked that off playing ball with my brother. Got it fixed and the very next day, chasing my cousins at my grandparents house, they ran thru a room, tried closing the door behind them, caught me in the face and knocked out the veneer. Parents were not happy. That one lasted until I was 22-23 and I knocked it out bringing a bottle of beer to my lips too quickly :LOL:

Went with a crown after that.

Yeah, Crown is good, and drinking out of a glass is safer than from a bottle.

My two front teeth are mine, but they are dead and bleached ( many children, roller skating, pavement, and gravity make for a bad combination).

Teeth. As a kid I used to go up to my mom when a tooth was loose and say "Mom, LOOK!!" and would rip it out once she looked. I'd stand there with blood spurting out of my mouth and she would be dry-heaving LOL.